An idea for Brad....

If you have an idea post it here
Roland

An idea for Brad....

Post by Roland »

Perhaps now would be a good time to introduce this idea I've had for quite sometime.

How about a new plan, called Diamond Plan
Would basically be a package deal, Gold Plan + Upper GH for all 4 slots for $19.99/month.
Sure, this sounds like a bad deal due to Upper GH having to cost $7.95 per slot/month.
I'm sure quite a few get upper GH for 2 or more slots on same account....
But...for basically $2/month more, a person can upgrade from just having Gold on entire account and upper GH on just one slot, to having Gold + Upper for ALL, and I believe ALOT would make that upgrade, whether it would actually be a negative $$ gain for Brad, I'm not sure, but have a feeling all the folks paying the extra $2 would make up for those that get multiple Upper GH's for an account.
Another thing to keep in mind, the increased # of folks getting Gold plans should also offset any losses in $$. And with new Gold giving bonus for Gold + Upper GH, seems like now would be the time to implement this idea.

Sure, to Brad, seems to take away some of the potential $$$ from Upper Guildhalls. But, the savings to players would in fact encourage others to just move from one crit with Upper, and getting it for the rest of crits on account. And to many would offset the increased cost of getting Gold , in their minds.

Really seems like a win-win idea for all.

P.S. : all the Diamond Plan crits could get a diamond beside their nick in chat <g> To show off their support of Drak and thrifty shopping habits <g>
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Watcher

Replying to Topic 'An idea for Brad....'

Post by Watcher »

reasonable idea, but too much revenue lost. 4 GH slots bring about 30 bucks in, combined with new gold, that's nearly 40 bucks.

a 50 percent cut in funds would be a bit much.

He might go for a 75% cut though.

30 bucks a month for 4 gh slots and gold.

dunno

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

20 bucks is fine, the price of GH is ludacris right now, i dont know why ive paid for it this time, rolands idea is sensible, i dont see how a little segment of GH which ISNT updated would make him LOSE money!!!!!!!!!!!! i pay more for that little room then all of drakkar! SOME THING IS WRONG!

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

should be called platinum plan instead of diamond, bling bling
Communication End.

TurkeySand

Post by TurkeySand »

how bout chrome?

Hotice

Post by Hotice »

let's stick to plantuim plz ;)

i like the idea of 4 slots of GH+gold for $30, instead of 20... 50% is a bit excessive on brad's part :)

w/ gold account and 2 GH slots you're already paying $25 a month... (40 if you get all 4..) but i feel those who went all out to help brad should maybe, just maybe, get a small discount for playing/paying :P
Last edited by Hotice on Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funns

Post by funns »

*starts looking for the copper plan !*

dman

Post by dman »

A functional cost analysis says this can't be done. A Gold Plan with 2 GH slots $25. To give 4 slots for $20 you would start by loosing $5 not to mention the $15 you loose from adding 2 more slots at $7.50 each for no charge. This would cost Brad $20 per account that went gold. The numbers are worse if you have a Gold Plan with one GH access, and worse still if you have the same scenario with a Silver Plan. And dare I say worse still if you have Gold or Silver Plan with no GH access.

Making it up in volume rarely works. It just cost money. Although revenue increases, profits decrease unless there is a considerable markup. Unless the cost to program and paying off ien is much less, than it appears to be, losses could be considerable, and the more people to sign up, the greater the losses! The game could disappear in a matter of months if enough people signed up.

I don't know if Brad calculated his breakeven point when he bought the game from ien (most small business people don't). If he had he may have charged more for the game at the start and may have offered a discount once he exceeded his breakeven point. For example 5% discount when you sign up for a Gold Plan with a 4 slot GH access. With the price initially being set higher, a 5% discount would appear to have value and encourage people to take advantage of it. (This is just an example and not a suggestion)
Last edited by dman on Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Subzero_RELM

From a world far beyond the barren waste lands the Beholder brings you the Light

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

you are all looking at it from the point of profit, it costs brad probably nothing to keep GH in relation to the game itself, the ammount GH costs is LUDACRIS, the GH needs to be revamped if it is to be worth more than drakkar itself, think about it

dman

Post by dman »

I am not really looking at it from a profit stand point. I was really looking at the cost to purchase the game. Let me add the point to any venture is not to loose money. There are other cost to consider other than the cost of GH, or any plan silver or gold. The are the products and there is also operational expenses to consider. ISP cost, the cost of hitting your charge card (called exchange income by charge card companies) it cost Brad money everytime he put a charge on your charge card, etc.

I'm not saying he should up the price, I'm not even saying he can't do it cheaper, I'm saying the price was set for a reason initially, something he thought would recoup his cost (I hope). To now set a price that cost him money for everyone who signs up is not practical, and could cause the loss of the game if losses plus expenses exceed revenue.
Subzero_RELM

From a world far beyond the barren waste lands the Beholder brings you the Light

Thundar__RELM

Post by Thundar__RELM »

If you look at it backwards though and run the numbers then cheaper GH means more money for brad. Because look at it this way. Those with 1 or 2 slots of GH have that little for a reason and will never go to 4. So lets say there are 10 people with Gold and 4 slots playing the game. Let's say Brad takes it to $20 for gold and 4 slots. Right there he loses $200 per month. Then lets say that there are 25 people that have Gold and 2 accounts of GH. All of them will go to the new plan to save money. Now Brad is losing $323.75 per month. Then let's say that there are 100 people that only have 1 slot of GH. Let's say 90 of them decide to up to the 4 slot plan. Now Brad is losing $94.25 a month. Then lets say there are 10 people that are adding GH for one month at a time say 3 times a year to chit etc. For $2.55 and all of the extra training all 10 would probably do it. Now Brad is losing an average of 69.12 a month. Then lets say that there are 10 people that say wow what a deal I am going to go ahead and do that. Brad is now making an average of $31.38 a month more than he is making right now. These numbers are my guesses for numbers paying for GH and unless I am right exactly Brad would stand to lose money by doing this if any one part fell through. However if you change the price for all 4 to $25 and don't assume that the extra $5 will lose anyone out of the equation it is a total different story. Now Brad is making an average of $718.88 per month more than the current number. Personally I think we you start saying $30 no one but the few with 4 slots now will even consider it so you lose money big time on that route.

I recognize that these numbers don't include everything and I have no clue of what the real numbers of gh subscriptions are they just make a simple point. The idea is very valid to give a big break and make more money. That formula also does not consider whether or not GH is worth what is being charged. Personally I would not even pay $25 so I will never have more than 1 slot of GH and then only occasionally will I add GH. So who knows if there will be a discount or not but Brad can run the numbers and see whether it is worth it or not.

Thundar__RELM

dman

Post by dman »

Thundar_RELM,

While that sounds good in theory, an increase in usage unsually has the effect of increasing the cost to run the system thereby compounding the losses not reducing them. I understand what you're saying and it would work like you say. The increase in usage usually puts a bigger drain on equipment, requires more capacity and cost significantly more to run. Coupled with reduced revenues with increased usage is commonly a model for red ink which most start up businesses have in the first place.

I would suspect the cost to purchase the game was more than people think. I would further suggest that the game cost Brad more to buy than was being made on the game when he bought it. There was a reason ien was willing to sell. Remember they were going to discontinue the game. A company that size would not stop a money maker, so I will hazard a guess they were not making money. I doubt Brad has recouped his initial investment let a lone making any profit.

I believe these factors may come into play when game charges are considered. Basic economic theory says you have to increase volume first, then the price comes down once value perception decreases. In other words if a lot of people have it, its not thought to be as valuable. First you have to increase usage at the higher price though. Then the increased usage allows the owner to decrease the price yet still run his business without losses.
Subzero_RELM

buho

Replying to Topic 'A

Post by buho »

Originally posted by dman

Basic economic theory says you have to increase volume first, then the price comes down once value perception decreases. In other words if a lot of people have it, its not thought to be as valuable. First you have to increase usage at the higher price though. Then the increased usage allows the owner to decrease the price yet still run his business without losses.
Furthermore, we can sniff what model Brad is using: he decided not to grow the base lowering the player fees but he is trying to get some more income from the actual player base.

In crude numbers, Gold Plan is 2x the fee of Silver Plan. Lets forget GH for a while. Brad's move is toward getting a 30%...80% extra money from the same player base and not to play with massive selling (lowering or not the actual fees).

In despite of seeing the new Gold Plan as kinda salty (expensive), I cant blame Brad for doing so. Betting on massive selling can be a wrong move in recesive times (arguable for the entertainment industry) or can open a can of worms if succeeded.

About your opinion, Subzero bro, the only thing I can argue is you using a very orthodox model. The nature of Drakkar's players relationship with Drakkar can open some room to try another ways (what in fact Drakkar tried at least two times before). Again, recesive times are not for testing theories, so you have a lot of reason.

buho.
Last edited by buho on Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by dman

I don't know if Brad calculated his breakeven point when he bought the game from ien (most small business people don't). If he had he may have charged more for the game at the start and may have offered a discount once he exceeded his breakeven point. For example 5% discount when you sign up for a Gold Plan with a 4 slot GH access. With the price initially being set higher, a 5% discount would appear to have value and encourage people to take advantage of it. (This is just an example and not a suggestion)
-- Enable Soapbox --

The break even point is critical. Personally, if you really want to show your support for Drak and Brad, you'd try to bring in at least one paying player to the game. Either a friend of yours locally, or someone you meet online here and manage to convince that its worth paying for the game.

I don't know how many paying accounts Brad needs to break even. But from his comments I don't think he's reached it. Drakkar sits on the edge of a knife, and yet we blissfully play each day not realizing that doom is just a slim margin away.

I think Brad should hold a membership drive. Let us try to bring in people to the game, maybe reward the player that brings in the most paying accounts with something silly like a robe like moonshadows (does nothing, but looks cool).

As a small business owner myself I can attest to the fact that starting a small business is incredibly difficult and costly. Brad has a family to feed, and sooner or later he'll reach a point where the game must either pay for itself, or its got to go.

With over 100 people paying for the game, and there were at least that many at the sysop event, we could easily bring in more paying players. I don't think Brad's quite at the point of shutting down servers, but its got to be on his mind occasionally.

Drak will never support the kind of player size thats seen at some of those 3D games (shuddering), But I don't see any reason why we can't double or even triple the size of the player community if we tried.

I've got to hand it to Brad, I don't think I would have gone the route he did, buying software from ien, setting up servers etc. I run an online service now, and I can tell you, its a major headache, and one which takes an extrordinary amount of work to get off the ground. You might be paying 20 bucks for your account (in round figures), but Brad isn't seeing that 20 bucks. Each charge made carries a processing fee, and while it may amount to only change per charge, when you add it up, its a fair sum of money. Systems like Paypal, and Pay Buddy also cost Brad money to use.

As far as the "platnium plan" goes... Well its just not cost effective to Brad at 20 bucks.

I get angry when people start complaining about the cost of Drakkar. Look at what and who you're dealing with people! Brad isn't Sony, who can afford to pour millions into EQ and wait 3 years for it to break even or make a profit. He's not microsoft either. If the miniscule cost of a silver plan is that much of a strain on your budget, then you should be out looking for a better job than playing online. Brad has to charge more in order to reach the point where the game is self supporting.

(and before all the kids online jump on me about their not even having jobs, don't. There are ways for even minors to earn 20 bucks in a month if you put your mind to it.)

-- Disable Soapbox --

Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

Okay, I thought I'd read some of them posts above, but at a quick glance I decided against it.

Guys, your posts are too big, you use too many words and sentences to ilustrate something.

If I asked you if the glass was full or not, you'd respond with philosophy and how the universe works, maybe includea few mythos etc. :sarc

What a waste of time reading your posts... Sure it just takes a minute or two to read, then five minutes to comprehend the meaning and additional five minutes to try to put an reasonable reply together. :sarc

Oh no, here I go again. Someone shoot me please.
Mihey__PHNX

Tranquil

Post by Tranquil »

Yeap.

Morgar had a good point in his soapbox post. Brad cant wait 3 years for drakkar to break even and make profits. but, to be blunt.. i doubt players are really interested in the financial status of the games they play. they pay money, they get what they want. drakkar costs a HELL of alot of money for a game that used to be cheap. To add to that, i live in canada...so.. that makes it even more money. GH is too much money. Silver and gold plan are too much money. free plan blows and your crit will never advance past skill 15 with it. i support drakkar all i can and i always will.. prices that are "ludacris" or "insane".. i still pay them. but.. im just suggesting that you dont implament anymore plans to the game that cost yet even MORE money.

iEN, we had 3 alts and aleria for FREE. then 20$ for cob, but it was permanent.

DZ, we have 2 alts and aleria for 5$. plus cob. so after 4 months, your paying more, and more, and more then you were in ien.. plus one less alt.

GH is the same.

Perhaps if the prices of Guildhall were lowered.. there would be much less and less complaining.

this is my suggestion...

12$ a month. upper GH and acess to every scenario, and every bonus.

replacing our long lost alt would be nice too :hoho

note: this post is directed towards brad, who is rolling in our dough :(

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

Yo, Tranq, sure it was cheap on iEN... no wonder they tried thrashing Drakkar! If they raised prices a few, they would lose most player base that was smaller than it is now. They werent making much money with it then, so Drakkar was about to die. Thankfully Brad intervened and saved it. Yet he is still paying for Drakkar - so I say he deserves any cent he gets. ;)
Mihey__PHNX

Thundar__RELM

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Personally I think silver plan is very reasonable. You will not find a game that gives you everything you get with silver that is as high quality as Drak. I even for myself think gold is a reasonable deal even though it puts Drak in competition with games that maybe it was not meant to compete with. I mean when you can pay for Drak or you can pay for a game with better graphics which seems to be important to the current generation most of them will go with the other game. I think Brad see's that though and so silver is still an option for that crowd and everyone is happy. GH becomes an opinion for everyone. Good deal yes there are alot of great benefits. Good value probably not at all. Now you are paying twice what the modern games charge. Again though it is an option so everyone gets to stay happy and no one should have a problem. It is not Brad's responsibility to give you what you want for free. Yeah I would like to see GH cheaper because I don't think it is worth it but I have the option of playing without paying for it. All we can do is live with it and thank Brad for making the effort to keep the game alive as it is.

Thundar__RELM

dman

Post by dman »

Originally posted by Mihey

Okay, I thought I'd read some of them posts above, but at a quick glance I decided against it.

Guys, your posts are too big, you use too many words and sentences to ilustrate something.

If I asked you if the glass was full or not, you'd respond with philosophy and how the universe works, maybe includea few mythos etc. :sarc

What a waste of time reading your posts... Sure it just takes a minute or two to read, then five minutes to comprehend the meaning and additional five minutes to try to put an reasonable reply together. :sarc

Oh no, here I go again. Someone shoot me please.
Ok Mihey, this is for you. buho is right, Brad needs more money, but doesn't want to get too many players. So he trying to get people to upgrade by adding features to the Gold Plan, so people will think it's worth it.

People don't like it and complain, and suggest things that probaly won't work. :sarc
Subzero_RELM

buho

Replying to Topic 'A

Post by buho »

Originally posted by Mihey

Are you actually asking about the glass?

Ill love to give you my opinion, but _before_ I can answer we need to agree in a common concept of fullness and be sure the agreed concept is necessary, sufficient, falseable and in no way contradictory with the existing classic physical laws (no need to confront it in a cuantic level, we can forget the incertainty principle at least for start).

buho. (j/k)
Last edited by buho on Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

1) ...Drakkar sits on the edge of a knife, and yet we blissfully play each day not realizing that doom is just a slim margin away.

2) I've got to hand it to Brad, I don't think I would have gone the route he did, buying software from ien, setting up servers etc. I run an online service now, and I can tell you, its a major headache, and one which takes an extrordinary amount of work to get off the ground. You might be paying 20 bucks for your account (in round figures), but Brad isn't seeing that 20 bucks. Each charge made carries a processing fee, and while it may amount to only change per charge, when you add it up, its a fair sum of money. Systems like Paypal, and Pay Buddy also cost Brad money to use.

3) ...If the miniscule cost of a silver plan is that much of a strain on your budget, then you should be out looking for a better job than playing online.

3.5) ...Brad has to charge more in order to reach the point where the game is self supporting.

4) (and before all the kids online jump on me about their not even having jobs, don't. There are ways for even minors to earn 20 bucks in a month if you put your mind to it.)
--------------------------------------------------------------
OK i'm gonna make a lil response here

1) No its not. You don't think Brad would have bought Drakkar from IEN if he had $39.00 in his bank account do you? IEN was holding up drak, but Brad decided he could handle it and wanted to improve it from its stagnant state on IEN. I'm sure Brad thought this out a little before he decided to make a big buy like this. And I don't know if you were trying to make that rhyme or not, but it makes you sound a little crazy..

2) Yeah, YOU DA MAN BRAD! Would everyone stop being so negative about this? Drak is in the biggest and best phase it has ever been in (most people think).

3) Yes please get a job before you starve to death because you sent your last $5 in so your account wouldn't get locked.

3.5) Not really... For all we know IEN could have sold Drakkar for 50 cents. Warbirds was the big money maker for drakkar, IEN was prolly just keeping drakkar around hoping we would see the warbirds banner.

4) Yeah mow a lawn for the old woman down the street and you should be able to afford it.

You seem REALLY negative about this game morgar, making references to doom and stuff. Everyone needs to realize that stuff is improving and we ARE getting new players in, the new gold plan is very nice for the high rollers out there :sarc This is ideas for KoD, not Please help Brad save Drakkar, because its not dieing, its growing.
Communication End.

purg2

Post by purg2 »

Originally posted by Tranquil

Yeap.

Morgar had a good point in his soapbox post. Brad cant wait 3 years for drakkar to break even and make profits. but, to be blunt.. i doubt players are really interested in the financial status of the games they play. they pay money, they get what they want. drakkar costs a HELL of alot of money for a game that used to be cheap. To add to that, i live in canada...so.. that makes it even more money. GH is too much money. Silver and gold plan are too much money. free plan blows and your crit will never advance past skill 15 with it. i support drakkar all i can and i always will.. prices that are "ludacris" or "insane".. i still pay them. but.. im just suggesting that you dont implament anymore plans to the game that cost yet even MORE money.

iEN, we had 3 alts and aleria for FREE. then 20$ for cob, but it was permanent.

DZ, we have 2 alts and aleria for 5$. plus cob. so after 4 months, your paying more, and more, and more then you were in ien.. plus one less alt.

GH is the same.

Perhaps if the prices of Guildhall were lowered.. there would be much less and less complaining.

this is my suggestion...

12$ a month. upper GH and acess to every scenario, and every bonus.

replacing our long lost alt would be nice too :hoho

note: this post is directed towards brad, who is rolling in our dough :(

Ok first of all, Brad isnt rolling in dough, If he was, dont you think he would charge cheaper for a bigger fan base first?
Next if he does impliment a NEW pay plan for some new GH or something along those lines. Who says you have to pay for it? I dont see anywhere that says "If Brad impliments a new pay plan, YOU MUST get it" I mean if there is such a document out there that was made by Brad, i would love to see it myself

As soon as brad breaks even and get a solid base for drakkar to support its self, more then likely you will see a decrease in pay plans. I dont think it will be a HUGE decrease, but even a minor one is nice.

If you feel like Brad is cheating you, go out buy 20 gallons of water *yes buy them, if you get it from your parents tap, you wont get the point* Then purchace enough lemondade mix to produce 20 gallons of lemonade, and the bag(s) of sugar to sweet every gallon. Now once you have all this, figure out how much a glass of it is going to cost. * dont forget your trying to make money so you better add on 10 cents a glass*

Now imagine you are the customer, would you pay that much for a small glass of lemonade?

Once you have done this, you will understand what Brad is doing and why he is doing it.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

1) Ok first of all, Brad isnt rolling in dough, 2) If he was, dont you think he would charge cheaper for a bigger fan base first?
3) Next if he does impliment a NEW pay plan for some new GH or something along those lines. Who says you have to pay for it? I dont see anywhere that says "If Brad impliments a new pay plan, YOU MUST get it" I mean if there is such a document out there that was made by Brad, i would love to see it myself

4) As soon as brad breaks even and get a solid base for drakkar to support its self, more then likely you will see a decrease in pay plans. I dont think it will be a HUGE decrease, but even a minor one is nice.

5) If you feel like Brad is cheating you, go out buy 20 gallons of water *yes buy them, if you get it from your parents tap, you wont get the point* Then purchace enough lemondade mix to produce 20 gallons of lemonade, and the bag(s) of sugar to sweet every gallon. Now once you have all this, figure out how much a glass of it is going to cost. * dont forget your trying to make money so you better add on 10 cents a glass*

6) Now imagine you are the customer, would you pay that much for a small glass of lemonade?

7) Once you have done this, you will understand what Brad is doing and why he is doing it
---------------------------------------------
I'll do the same thing here, all I did was add some numbers for reference...

1) How do you know? Brad Lineberger, DrakkarZone, Inc. Sounds like an incorporation that is up and running now. 2) no
3) I agree with you here.
4) No. I can almost assure you this isn't going to happen.
5) This analogy made absolutely no sense and like in Billy Madison, I think everyone is less intelligent for reading it.
6) No.
7) No. Computer servers and running a game is a lot different than lemonade. Do you think people who buy raffle tickets do it bacause they think they have a chance to win? No, they do it to support the cause. Same thing goes with lemonade, we pay for drakkar though, because we are using the services Brad provides, more like tuition for a school, or a cab fare.

Why is guild hall $7.50 a month? I'l tell you why. BECAUSE PEOPLE PAY IT! Its been around for years, and as much as people whine about how much it costs, as long as they are paying for it, it will probably stick. If you want it lowered, boycott it until Brad lowers the price.
Communication End.

purg2

Post by purg2 »

Well actually it fits, you are producing a product, and you have customers who want the product.
Lemonade - everytime a person gets thirst they will buy your product
Game - Every month you want to play, you buy the product

Lemonade - Price is to high, the person will pay for it or find something else to drink
Game - If the price gets to high, you will either pay the price or go find another game to play

Yea its fits pretty well to me. Though i agree its not as easy as selling lemonade. There are alot more complications to it.

I have my own Web design business, but it hasnt gotten off the ground yet. Im not swimming in money, even though I only have one Competitor, and that is the company that provides the Internet services here. So by your thinking I should be rich then. Since I have a business.

I really doubt IEN sold him the Rights, servers, and all the little trimmings for free, He has people to pay, and bills for the game to pay, then he has his own pay and bills to pay where he lives. There are alot of figures you all dont know about. Either that not thinking about, cause your in a big rush to make a complaint.

Let me see if I can think of some of the Bills brad has to pay JUST for this game. I may get a couple wrong so if you know something about this then just step in and correct it.

#1) Web Access - Most likely he has a T-3 line set up, Im not sure if he has one set up for each Server or just one. Not sure what the going rate for one is. Ill make a bet its not cheap <G>

#2) Salaries - Himself, Pax, and Randyo (im not sure if or how many of the sysops are getting paid, if they are well there is more out of pocket)

#3)Utilities - cant run servers and puters on air

#4) Storage space - I doubt he is running this game from his house.

#5) He probably has a Phone line to the server incase someone needs to contact him there.

#6)The Web Address for the KOD home page.

#7) He most likely has some type of security system keeping eye over the servers

#8) Insurance on the servers and other impliments of distruction

#9) Virus Protection and Firewalls that he is paying a Monthly Fee on.

That is about all i can think of for the moment. Add to this list or Tell me where i might have a wrong idea. Cause these seem pretty solid to me.

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Well actually it fits, you are producing a product, and you have customers who want the product.
Lemonade - everytime a person gets thirst they will buy your product
Game - Every month you want to play, you buy the product
Lemonade - Price is to high, the person will pay for it or find something else to drink
Game - If the price gets to high, you will either pay the price or go find another game to play

----If you want lemonade, you won't go to the kid's lemonade stand down the street for a 6 oz glass. You will go to the grocery store and buy a jug of it. 6 oz glass from the kid down the street: $0.25. 64oz jug from the store: $1.99. Who wants to drink the stuff that grubby little kid had his hands in anyway. This ain't the 50's bro, no more lemonade stands exist. I'm sure Brad's servers don't run on powdered sugar, he probably has some kind of deal worked out with someone to run this operation. WOULD EVERYONE PLEASE STOP WORRYING ABOUT BRAD AND HIS FINANCIAL SITUATION!!! I'm sure he has his act together, he has been in this business for a while now, we all don't need to be discussing his budget, has has it under control, PLEASE DROP IT.

I really doubt IEN sold him the Rights, servers, and all the little trimmings for free, He has people to pay, and bills for the game to pay, then he has his own pay and bills to pay where he lives. There are alot of figures you all dont know about. Either that not thinking about, cause your in a big rush to make a complaint.

----I really doubt they did also, but I also really doubt they sold it to him for 6 million dollars and he can't afford to run it, 1) He wouldn't have bought it if it cost an outrageous price. 2) I'm sure he can handle it. 3) I am not the one making a complaint here, I'm trying to cheer everyone up that this game is growing and we should be happy about it and not having all you babies whine about how we all need to wear drakkar t-shirts, lower the costs of it all, recruit specific numbers of friends to play, and sit in the sf and kill raks and large yeti for newbies.

I really don't see how you people can't just live your life knowing drakkar is alright and not worry about Brad's finances. He has it under control people please force that into your brain.
Communication End.