combat suggestion

If you have an idea post it here
Ambrose
Title: Always Right

combat suggestion

Post by Ambrose »

As I understand it, Brad has been toying with % chance of monster hitting thru all defense and armor blocks.

Why not tie the hit thru defense to the number of crits targeting the player vs their number attacks? .. Think of it as the higher the number of your attacks the more enemies you can keep track of and block ... if number of crits targeting you exceeds then you are strictly on armor blocks for the extras ... and % of those (depending on attacker size) go to helmet shots with the attached chance for combat stun.

Yes ... I know that number of attacks has a specific meaning ... but given what it is meant to represent, I think the number is usable as I suggest ...

PieterPost

Replying to Topic 'combat suggestion'

Post by PieterPost »

So a level 75 ment with 1 (base) attack and the lowest hp of all classes is in for some fun then :-)

Nemesis

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Well he should definately soften up the room with some fire before 12 crits pile onto him ... I know if flies in the face of the way we do things ... but by what twisted stretch of the imagination should ments have armor that keeps them safe just because they need it? ... by which I mean ... in a strictly combat situation, should not the fighter, after all, be able to slug it out and survive more effectively?

Rhetorical questions all ... thinking out loud

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Put a ment and a Fighter in a zoo of mormar crits, try to "soften" them up with fire on the ment and attack normally on the fighter, see who dies first :)

imo this is already balanced and the proposed idea would totally knock the balance right out.

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'c

Post by Darge »

Barbs would get weapon blocks in bigger zoos than a pally could handle, even though the latter gets parry.

% to-hit on anything but a small scale (ie: more than 1-2 crits in an area or hunt) is fundamentally flawed in Drakkar.
Last edited by Darge on Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl