FLOOR THIEVES

If you have an idea post it here
KingBarb

FLOOR THIEVES

Post by KingBarb »

I Think there should be a twig to reveal liminv i am and i know alot of other ppl are sick of floor thieves peaople work hard to get coin and ur worken for nothing if people are stealing it ur not going to get n e where people should have respect

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Replying to Topic 'FLOOR THIEVES'

Post by Ambrose »

I will share some thoughts on this very old topic:

1) the floor thief that robbed you of 10 megs is no more dastardly than the one that robs a newbie in N-1 of 1k

2) Floor thieves versus "salvage artists" ... the difference is whether you are done (and it is easy to "assume" you were for anyone who cares enough to lie to themselves)

3) If you do a search of the forums you will find alot of ideas for foiling the average floor thief (including the official line that you should bank as you go) ... some of those ideas were mine

4) Brad has been very specific on what is YOUR loot ... your hex and your unsearched corpses ... after that it is not yours and thievery is not an issue (almost sounds like Brad has been a "salvage artist" in the past)

5) #4 stinks and is downright inconvenient to the way we hunt in drakkar ... and it leaves us with word of mouth and black lists

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Code a quirk to see through liminv. Not as if this disk presents any real challenges in PC vs NPC situations anyway.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

As long as a SeeThroughLimInv quirk is toggleable as you might MT someone liminv'ed that just happen to be on that hex.

I coin as I go but in some cases, people are walking onto your hex taking the gems and someone without a "non-targeting" attack can do nothing but call for a sysop or email Help@ ( not all can shockwave, blindstrike, EC ie: barbs, etc). Imagine also doing this regularly as a cupcheck and it gets old fast.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Originally posted by Darge

Code a quirk to see through liminv. Not as if this disk presents any real challenges in PC vs NPC situations anyway.
Originally posted by Migam

As long as a SeeThroughLimInv quirk is toggleable as you might MT someone liminv'ed that just happen to be on that hex.

I coin as I go but in some cases, people are walking onto your hex taking the gems and someone without a "non-targeting" attack can do nothing but call for a sysop or email Help@ ( not all can shockwave, blindstrike, EC ie: barbs, etc). Imagine also doing this regularly as a cupcheck and it gets old fast.

I would prefer that justice be available to players whether they are on their pay account or their free account ...

the issue is not whether or not one has the ability to whack the insolent (I have a full complement of home made macros) ... and nevermind that the perpetrator is as often a crit bigger than my own ... but if we shine a light on them (can see & identify them), the cockroaches just might scuttle away

sorry ... I did use preview post to check on the 'starred out' but apparently filter not active on a preview :)
Last edited by Ambrose on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

shockwave see's through liminv fine

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

blah blah, this topic has been hashed over many times in the past, its the same old crap.... if you feel you are having your loot ninja'd by a liminv thief, then report it to a sysop, or pick up your loot as you go.... If you can discover the identity of the loot thief, then give him or her a bad reputation, if not, suck it up because you will not get the rules changed.

srflynn64

Replying to Topic 'F

Post by srflynn64 »

For a barb its esy to coin as you go as they can hold that much more before being encumbered.

near all other classes get to 50-100k and are already starting to be so, how is that going to help?

collect 50k and go bank then when you get back someone else is standing int the hunting spot you were on.

Yes, there are game rules about what is yours and not and what you can and cant make a complaint about, but if you use a fb and kill crits, once rotted and you fb to kill again, anyone can come in and take rares, coin and gems from the hex next to you as it is deemed to be not yours!!!!

what people are saying is about game etticate, and people are abusing the rules.

say you are in morm farming, you pile all them items on a hex and move to the a hex a few away to collect an item, according to the rules, that pile can be picked up by any other person as you are not on it.

where gane etticate used by most of us says ill leave this area

this is where something has to be changed
Last edited by srflynn64 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Post by Tirith »

refer to my previous post, this is a dead topic... the rules are set in place just so that it is easiest on sysops on rule on this... it is left up to being polite and what is acceptable in the community. if you suspect you are being stolen from, find out who it is and call them out on it, tell everyone you know who is doing it, and that person will gain a bad reputation and hopefully wont receive help from other players of this game.. this is the way meant to discourage loot thieves and pkers. break the etiquette and forfeit any help you may receive in the future, although lately it doesnt matter anymore because of the players who will help someone just because they are bored.

Ambrose

Post by Ambrose »

Originally posted by Tirith

refer to my previous post, this is a dead topic... the rules are set in place just so that it is easiest on sysops on rule on this... it is left up to being polite and what is acceptable in the community. if you suspect you are being stolen from, find out who it is and call them out on it, tell everyone you know who is doing it, and that person will gain a bad reputation and hopefully wont receive help from other players of this game.. this is the way meant to discourage loot thieves and pkers. break the etiquette and forfeit any help you may receive in the future, although lately it doesnt matter anymore because of the players who will help someone just because they are bored.
Last I heard, you don't get to declare a topic dead ... plenty of people plunk down their dime to play and have an opinion of their own ...

that being said:
Originally posted by Tirith
... the rules are set in place just so that it is easiest on sysops on rule on this... it is left up to being polite and what is acceptable in the community. if you suspect you are being stolen from, find out who it is and call them out on it, tell everyone you know who is doing it, and that person will gain a bad reputation and hopefully wont receive help from other players of this game.. this is the way meant to discourage loot thieves and pkers. break the etiquette and forfeit any help you may receive in the future.
Is an excellent response :P

SharedFolder
Title: Supreme Folder

Post by SharedFolder »

Nevermind! Ignore this post!
Last edited by SharedFolder on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.