A plea concerning the new front end.

If you have an idea post it here
Morgar

A plea concerning the new front end.

Post by Morgar »

OK, 99% of the problems that I experienced with the front end have been solved, and for that I'm grateful! But one issue remains in my mind.

When I press "news" or "account", it attempts to open up my Netscape 4.77 browser, which is my default browser. Personally I don't mind it using my default browser, except that most of the time its loading nothing but blank pages. News comes up blank. And sometimes I get a "Document contained no data" messages in attempting to open up the account page.

If I copy the urls into the clipboard and paste them into internet exploder, I can load the pages (just like I'm stuck using exploder with this forum system).

Can we please please please please please get the front end to either invoke IE directly or allow us to specify which browser it will use? Reading news isn't all that big a deal, but I'm rather concerned about the account information. Thats a data encoded url (containing account identifying information from the look of it), I shudder to think of what could happen if it didn't paste properly someday.

Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Thundar__RELM

Replying to Topic 'A plea concerning the new front end.'

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Umm it opens IE for me. So if you want IE to open make it default before you click news. Not the best solution for now but it will handle it until something is done directly.

Thundar__RELM

buho

Post by buho »

4.77? Are you using Communicator? It fail in a lot of sites. Change for Navigator 6.2.1, it work fine here.

If they harcode the FE to load IE, then _I_ will be pleading here: I want to use my NS to read the forums. :)

Side note: Make a couple of quick links to use IE with Drakkar or add the URLs to the IE Favorites folder and forget the FE buttons. If the account system parameters dont change between accessess it wil work. And you solve the little pain of the account pages changing your browser window size any time you access them.

buho (surprised with your loyalty to that Bill guy :p).

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by buho

4.77? Are you using Communicator? It fail in a lot of sites. Change for Navigator 6.2.1, it work fine here.

If they harcode the FE to load IE, then _I_ will be pleading here: I want to use my NS to read the forums. :)

Side note: Make a couple of quick links to use IE with Drakkar or add the URLs to the IE Favorites folder and forget the FE buttons. If the account system parameters dont change between accessess it wil work. And you solve the little pain of the account pages changing your browser window size any time you access them.

buho (surprised with your loyalty to that Bill guy :p).
Actually I do have netscape 6.2.1, and Netscape 4.77 and 3.0, plus opera, MSIE and a couple other web browsers. Its part of the toolkit of software one owns when you work online for a living. :D I found netscape 6.2 to be buggy under some interesting and less than welcome conditions. IE is a a hog plain and simple and I do not like to even think about supporting Microsnots vision of what they think the net should be all about.

I do not support Bill (although once upon a time I did), all I'd like is to be able to tell the front end which browser to use. That shouldn't be too hard.

Morgar

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar