Healers

If you have an idea post it here
Pipes87

Healers

Post by Pipes87 »

Ok i know there is always a rant on how one class is better than another and this is kinda one of those. Recently i was talking to guildies on why healers suck so much :P
I really didn't have a reason that i could pinpoint. i mean they can heal and it's really nice in every party to have someone that keeps everyone alive. Then it hit me. Healers' best ability yeilds about .000001% skill at higher skills. So i came up with this idea. I think that if a healer is healing while a party member kills something, the healer should gain some sort of boosted skill or boosted xp. I just think that a healer's main ability, healing, should yield some sort of reasonable gains. It's just any idea.
~Idun_____FATE

rock

Replying to Topic 'Healers'

Post by rock »

Sounds good, espically when you get bigger all you can do is heal and sucks that skill gain is slow

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Brad has openly said the reason "buffs" on both a healer and a ment do not give skill is to avoid scripting. If healing gave any type of boosted skill, you would have 2-3 healers standing on a waterwall stacking heal. Unless it boosted the entire parties skill, it would not be totally fair because well, I don't like the idea of 1 stick killing while 3 healers script heal, gain awesome skill because they are not only gaining from heal, but from the stick's kills, and basically become more of a PWH bot.

I'm not saying there isn't a need for more balancing, but this isn't a solution, its a quick fix.

Healers really can be more of a class than a buff bot, go talk to Astra or a couple other capped healers who have weapon skill and do more than just PWH. Its just like the other classes, its all about your playing style and how much effort you are willing to put into the crit.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Astra

Post by Astra »

Although you quickly find out that its nearly as effective just to pwh all the time, oh well.