quirk points

If you have an idea post it here
Cheese
Title: Meh.

quirk points

Post by Cheese »

Something that would be beneficial
having a quirk buy back ability
say you spend 200 points maxing a quirk, to find that it doesn't really do what you'd hoped, or that for some it no longer has a use(the crossover skill quirks for instance),
having the ability to "cash in" those spent quirk points for x% return(ie, spent 200 points, you cash it in and get 100 available points back and have to regain the other 100 points that were lost). Would allow people to test more of their quirk abilities, would also allow us to change up some things if we decide to go a different route with our character.

Migam

Replying to Topic 'quirk points'

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Cheese

Something that would be beneficial
having a quirk buy back ability
say you spend 200 points maxing a quirk, to find that it doesn't really do what you'd hoped, or that for some it no longer has a use(the crossover skill quirks for instance),
having the ability to "cash in" those spent quirk points for x% return(ie, spent 200 points, you cash it in and get 100 available points back and have to regain the other 100 points that were lost). Would allow people to test more of their quirk abilities, would also allow us to change up some things if we decide to go a different route with our character.
I emailed to Brad or posted a related suggestion. It was to put in a UGH trainer (due to higher quirk max) that would allow you to completely convert all spent quirks (except those increasing stats) back to Unused. However, you could only do this monthly. Now, that bug that doesn't let you see more than 260 spent qps might need fixing first.

The UGH part was suggested since, for example, my thief is 116/65 due to cancelling UGH. If the game reacts to my converting as non-UGH slot by giving me 65, I wont be pleased.

The monthly was to prevent too much on-the-fly conversion... maxxing one quirk for a certain lair, then wiping to max something else completely different for another situation.. not very quirky. Of course, losing half my quirks each time might also discourage this ;)

My goal for this was simple.. a better understanding of how quirks work through testing. There are obvious quirks and there are those not really tested due to fear of wasting qps, it's a less popular class or a quirk with no real explanation of how it really works:

ex: Applied Thievery... I always heard at the same thief and weapon skill, a BS gives 2/3 weap and 1/3 thievery (please, I may have this backwards or wrong.. cut me some slack). Now I see this 2 ways ( Remember, this is an example, not actual numbers):

1) weap and thief skill must add to 100% of total attainable skill gain so AP lessens weap gain in order to help you gain more thief gain....
ex: Before .02weap + .01 thief = .03 skill cap; Maxxed AP .01 weap + .02 thief = .03

OR

2) weap and thief can add up to exceeed 100% so AP leaves weap gain the same while increasing thief gain up to a cap of total skill gain when combined, you can exceed skill cap but not on one skill
ex: Before .02 weap + .01 thief = .03 skill cap; Maxxed AP .02 weap + .03 thief = .05 > .03 skill cap when combined.

Most thieves say that option #1 is what it is and will make weap gain very bad. Fact? Opinion? Would be nice to test first hand with the above suggestions.
Last edited by Migam on Mon May 08, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Turmos2

Post by Turmos2 »

I like the idea. Maybe instead of giving the quirk points back from a quirk, it would just erase them. This way people cant abuse it and just use some for a lair then switch them. This way with the quirks you hate, bought by accident, they dont work, or whatever. You can take your points out and then regain those quirk points to spend on something else. Maybe make this montly but either way i still dont see this being added

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

From a role playing perspective, this has no place. From a customer satisfaction point of view, it's great.

What might also be nice as an alternative, though much less accessible, would be to incorporate a quest into one of the yearly events, say Halloween as it's usefullness is almost zero these days, where you can do so and so and be able to completely wipe your spent qp and have them placed back in the usable pool for respending. Then simply limit the quest to only being able to be done once a year and it might work half decent. But whatever, potato, patato.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl