Tieing to a Guild Tag

If you have an idea post it here
Tnem
Title: Lord

Tieing to a Guild Tag

Post by Tnem »

In Guild Hall we can tie untied items to your account. What about adding another person there to tie items to a Guild tag as it is a Guild Hall. It might also work by taking tied items and tieing them to a Guild instead of just untied items, but this might be taking it to far.

This would allow guilds to share gear easier and just add an extra ability for guilds.

Just a thought.

Tnem
Tnem
Wakka - "The moles are rejoicing in the victory". Damn those moles
Visit my website http://www.tnem.co.uk

TangoDown

Replying to Topic 'Tieing to a Guild Tag'

Post by TangoDown »

I would love to have this added on, i allways feel bad when I have guildies who are trying hard to get a specific item and I have one rotting away in my locker, Dont think it would be added sadly, if it was though I would think Brad would add the "guild tieing" crit to UGH.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Hmmm if tied to Guild, does leaving the Guild cause it to no longer be usable by you.

If so, then someone leaving a Guild, is leaving the item too

If not, then you can conceivably give away or sell gear/weap by tagging, tying, giving item and de-tagging someone. Works even for stuff you normally can't take out of lair to give (armor/robes) since it wont matter if robes tie, who hears death splat or who tans.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tnem

Post by Tnem »

It would tie to the tag so anyone with that tag would be able to wear it. So no you wouldnt be able to wear it if you lef the guild.

And yeah i think it should work for stuff that you would need to see death for tanning and such, well i think it should :)
Tnem

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'T

Post by Darge »

There's an issue in that tied nl items could be given to non nl players and club items to non club members. Otherwise, sounds sorta neat.
Last edited by Darge on Mon May 01, 2006 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

I think it ruins the whole aspect of going on the hunts

far too many players today have gear they have no clue on what it really takes to get.
Ask any new(er) player how to get to Uther lair without MT or dex, bet majority can't tell you.

right now, I don't see anyway possible to put this idea into the game, but it is an interesting one

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

well to take it one step further, in lgh/ugh add a locker to each that anyone with the same guild tag can access? like a community locker so things like pots or other items that don't tie can be stored for "guild" access, could even add in a guild banker that would allow some coin set aside for guild usage.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

now that concept I like

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

"Mars, could you search the logs and find out who took the charisma rings out of our guild locker?"

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

nope, talk to your guildmates <G>

Tnem

Post by Tnem »

That is a good compromise, its been many a time clearing out lgh/ugh floor and putting in lockers temporarily for the reset. A guild locker or two would be quite useful.
Tnem

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop

nope, talk to your guildmates <G>
I just know that you are one of those tech support people who starts with: "Is the power on?"

"But we talked to everyone and no one took it"

My point ... at the risk of being obvious ... is that a better system is in place for the stated purpose. Locker crits/accounts with one person handing the stuff out ... quartmasters need t earn a living too.

Migam

Post by Migam »

<Cough> Could always make GH non-reset, non-janitor ... it IS on a seperate server after all :sarc

Who said that?!
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tee

Post by Tee »

i kinda like both the idea'swith the tieing to the tag thing only problem is if u leave the guild and it was ur item in the first place ,,,, but the guild locker and bank i could get used to :0
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Well if you put the item in the locker, chances are you want someone in guild to have it?

So, basically that means to me, don't put stuff in the locker you don't want someone else to take. With that being said, if this is put in game, don't whine to sysops when "i put that item in locker for <name> and i'm pretty sure <name2> took it instead, but I don't really know forsure, can you look?" If thats the case, you should have *gasp* typed "trade enable" and handed it to them in person.

Want to REALLY spice things up?

Create this special guild locker.. but only allow these "guild tied" items to be placed in it, and likewise, these guild-tied items cannot be placed in any other locker. And also, perhaps you could add an untie-er, the stipulation being that only the person who tied the item could untie it. This way, if the person leaves the guild, he could get back his item, but someone else who leaves could not take the item with them.

Upset about non-nl customers benefitting by the nl gear? Go look at some untied bl rings. I'm sure Brad can put code in (assuming any of this is possible) having it work only for crits who have NL or only for crits who have aleria. Or here, I know. Every scenario has its own locker. (1 NL, 1 Nork, 1 Alera, 1 Cob, 1 MJ [not sure about the MJ one]). Gear cannot be passed from crit to crit, the only way to pass the tied gear is to go to the locker, put it in, and allow someone else to take it out. Place a "marker" on the items only allowing NL gear to be placed in the NL locker, nork in the nork locker, so on and so forth.

See, there is ways to fix some of these problems brought up.. but I still doubt the "guild-tieing" would make it in game. It would be a huge addition that would really take away from Brad's current focus: GDH. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, or that it can't happen, i'm just saying its possible but not probable.

Over 'n out.

*edit: typos*
Last edited by Drewstr on Tue May 09, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

I like the Guild Tie idea. Personally, I'd think there should be no give-backs. If you decide to tie it to the guild, that's it. If you leave the guild later then you'll have to get a new one. If guild jumping is such a problem, you shouldn't be tying items to the guild to begin with.

I'd like to see either Guild Lockers or select tiles in the UGH which are no-decay. Any items, tied or not could be put there. Its up to guild management to keep tabs on whats in it and why. Personally I'd prefer a small group of no-decay squares. Much higher capacity and would allow us to keep such things as roots/zaps/potions/doc items.

I'd like to see an account locker as well. A safe way to transfer gear from character to character, especially if no one is around to safely hold an item for you. There should be 1 in each scenario.

NL-gear for non-nl accounts. There is already a flag in place for nameless access. It gets checked when you first try to enter. Just run a check against that flag any time you try to equip or use an item. If it fails you fumble the item and it gets logged.

As for whining about this or that being taken, simple. Stipulation that with this addition, there is no whining to sysops about player X taking item Y. If your guild member took something, deal with it internally or find a new guild.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Tnem

Post by Tnem »

I like both the guild tie ability (as i suggested it) and the guild locker/no decay area.

Going back to Mars's point
I think it ruins the whole aspect of going on the hunts far too many players today have gear they have no clue on what it really takes to get. Ask any new(er) player how to get to Uther lair without MT or dex, bet majority can't tell you. right now, I don't see anyway possible to put this idea into the game, but it is an interesting one
Yes you are right it could spoil the game, but most guilds are respectable and wouldnt abuse the power. I see the feature as a way for a guild to get an item of gear as a guild then tie it to the guild so it can be used by all, not just a way for some people in a guild to go kill something so they can tie it to the guild for some smaller crit to use. We have "level requirements" in the game to "prevent" this.

This ability built in with a guild locker/no decay area would be a nice bonus to guilds and also if put in UGH/LGH would rake in some more of that cash that brad likes so much.

Tnem__ASH (lord of bad english)
Last edited by Tnem on Wed May 10, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tnem

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop

I think it ruins the whole aspect of going on the hunts

far too many players today have gear they have no clue on what it really takes to get.
Ask any new(er) player how to get to Uther lair without MT or dex, bet majority can't tell you.

right now, I don't see anyway possible to put this idea into the game, but it is an interesting one
I agree. I'd would like to see something other than just a level requirement for items. We do all this factioning. A lot of it seems pointless. Make a point to it. If you like those banditlord rings so much, you better keep the faction required to get it in the first place or you can no longer wear the ring. A perk (imo) is that people would be forced to faction before they can buy/beg gear off others. Then this will allow the guild tie feature to become a real benefit instead of just another way to unbalance things.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Exactly!

Something else to think about: Not so much anymore, but when NL was first released, the "alliance" (in its early stages.. not the later) killed banditlord some. As I recall, each "guild" got a ring and at the time, Flagg_RIP kept the ring for RIP (yes, I was a member then). This was way back when BL rings were untied. Now, it would have been nice to have this feature then (the locker and guild tieing) so that the ring would always remain within the guild and so we could all use it equally. Something else, back then gear was alot more rare.. not everyone had umpteen merkon robes, umpteen ammys, umpteen lich's, torts, lors, mant.. anything. Those who had it were of the largest size (lvl 55) and it was handed out slowly as groups were able to do it. Some guilds had more than 1 person at this 55 mark, and it came down to who was online more got the gear because it was so hard to kill. A feature like this would have made these times alot less "competitive" imo. Sure, the competition was part of the game and it kept us growing and working towards better crits and guilds, but maybe guilds could work together to get gear for everyone to use, as opposed to gearing 1 crit with awesome stuff and then slowly trickling down (like republican's and economics.. *grin*).

I'm sorry, I was tired while writing this, so it may not make much sense.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.