Bestest and Greatest

If you have an idea post it here
Vsari

Bestest and Greatest

Post by Vsari »

Change the Nork HP doc to work like Cobs.

Must be items that a level 13 could be in a group and attain ( or solo ). Say like you need certain things from the Griffin ( Shortsword ) , RD ( Gauntlets ) , Roc ( Egg ) and maybe random drop items or quest items ( Like the Pbow ).

I just rolled another crit the other day and soon as I hit 13 I remember how much I hated maxxing HPs. Then I thought... If I hate maxxing HPs this much what would new players or those without access to Cob think or feel like? I guess I can coin enough to max a crit in a few days but I remember when I maxxed my first crit and it took me over a month to do it. If you dont have a higher crit or friend to fund you then it gets boring really fast ( few days.. a week max before you start pulling your hair out ).

I know how Brad likes to give perks to those who pay so this could be in ALT 2 or maybe a new HP Doc in UGH.

This change would also allow players to not be so worked up about Charisma and the other races wouldnt look gimped compared to certain others.
Last edited by Vsari on Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'Bestest and Greatest'

Post by Darge »

This change would also allow players to not be so worked up about Charisma and the other races wouldnt look gimped compared to certain others.
I'm sorry, I thought races having stat and hidden differences was the point. And I don't know about you, but I maxxed my hps to maybe 1/2 what the max was, and kept keeping on just fine. Nobody is forcing you or any player to max, and the doc is fine as is. I'd rather new quests than things so trivial and bland be put in.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Migam

Post by Migam »

VT hpdoc is effort for one slot... once that slot hits Cob, all other slots get an easier ride. Easier to pay gold than to have to quest for every hp in Nork espeicaly if you didn't max out on majors/yellows at 1. In fact, after leveling, I find myself above the Cob hp doc max due to VT doc and leveling.

New players don't know about maxxing hp/ep til someone screams at them that they MUST max hp and ep. New players cry about having to max ep and don't follow the advice of making a coining crit. 500k per FH pot seems expensive for a new player til they hit Cob with 230 ep then throw a fit when trying to grub ep with barely any skill to survive PsiTower.

Imho, I see VT doc as the most convenient. I've payed plenty more per hp elsewhere and Cob hp doc has it's own hassles (rare items, players hogging doc, hpdoc regen). And yeah, I hated maxxing a barb, RR'ing it, then maxxing another barb even with a Cob crit. And I plan to RR that 2nd barb, so much wasted effort and coin. And my pally is 100+ hps under max, building up coin and hasn't been able to get Charisma to 15 to save the most gold. I can keep trying or pay more. I just sucked it up and dealt with it.
Last edited by Migam on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Vsari

Post by Vsari »

You just made my point for me Migam. You shouldnt need Cob for something in Nork to be less boring. Thats the problem here. I think 30 million is alot of coin to be found in Nork ( thats with 18 Char and with a Paladin ).

These quests would liven up the whole " must max HPs " deal.

I'm sorry, I thought races having stat and hidden differences was the point. And I don't know about you, but I maxxed my hps to maybe 1/2 what the max was, and kept keeping on just fine. Nobody is forcing you or any player to max, and the doc is fine as is. I'd rather new quests than things so trivial and bland be put in.
It would be a good point if the races had nice bonuses over others but they dont.

Like I said before. I hate maxxing but it doesnt take me long to do it since I have access to Cob. This change would be for those players who dont ( Why else do you think the Cob HP docs work differently? Its because the Nork HP Doc is stupid ). As far as people not be forced to max... This is where you are wrong. If you dont max HP at 13 then your character is useless. What would a Barb or Pally do when they are level 20 with only 350 - 400 HP? Gimped. Not one person is forcing anyone.. But the game is.

Looking for something new that isnt bland or trivial? My suggestion is to try another game because that will never happen here.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

It would be a good point if the races had nice bonuses over others but they dont.
They do, that would be why I said they were "hidden" attributes. The word "nice" could be held in question though for some of the races I suppose.
What would a Barb or Pally do when they are level 20 with only 350 - 400 HP? Gimped. Not one person is forcing anyone.. But the game is.
I was once level 22 with 148 hp (LONG story). Anyway, I did the cob hp docs and walla, I was fine and not "gimped." I've been through it, I guess you haven't.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Pepma

Post by Pepma »

Originally posted by Darge
I was fine and not "gimped."

I beg to differ :sarc

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Maxxing is not a requirement. It may make certain hunts a bit easier overall, but it is nothing which cannot be overcome with strong teamwork or good player skills in general.

Some people choose to max, others could care less. Plenty of very large players out there who are pretty far under their max HP/EP.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Replying to Topic 'B

Post by Atom »

Originally posted by Vsari

Change the Nork HP doc to work like Cobs.

This whole thread is dumb, ASSUMING you mean the doomdown hp doc and not the one in treetown which is the same as nork hp doc, COB hp max is greater than NORK hp max, why not skip nork hp doc if u hate it and just get to cob and max in doomdown.
Originally posted by Vsari

If you dont max HP at 13 then your character is useless. What would a Barb or Pally do when they are level 20 with only 350 - 400 HP? Gimped. Not one person is forcing anyone.. But the game is.
Anyone who didnt max at lvl 13 could do so at lvl 20 and be above 350-400 hps since lvl 13 max is 480.
Last edited by Atom on Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.