Small Suggestions.

If you have an idea post it here
Vsari

Small Suggestions.

Post by Vsari »

1 ) 1 for 1 - EXP to Coin Ratio when training.

Since we dont have the gambler anymore why not give us the same amount of exp as the number of coin we used to train. If we trained 500k gold then we would recieve 500k exp.

2 ) A bigger UI. My eyesight really isnt that good and I cant play to logn without getting a headache due to the small game screen + the small models.

Is there anyway to somehow give us a choice to use a bigger game screen. I know I can lower the Resolution of my monitor but I would rather see an option in the game to change the resolution of the game itself or just release another client with a bigger game screen.

3 ) Maybe give us an option to allow us to pick a class model. Like a check box or something " use class models ". That way for those who want to stay with the same old boring race models can and those who want to be able to tell who is what can also do that.

The newest change in character art was a waste of time IMO. Could have and should have done more. Heck.. Just give us the trainer models as an option.
Last edited by Vsari on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Migam

Replying to Topic 'Small Suggestions.'

Post by Migam »

With Brad making money on UGH for chit training giving ~ .45exp for every 1 gp, do you really see Brad making a 1:1 outside of GH?

EDIT: Grr typo
Last edited by Migam on Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Vsari

Replying to Topic 'S

Post by Vsari »

Make it UGH only then. I get kinda depressed when I drop 500k gold and only get ~90k exp.

Edit : How about remove the chit training and just have the UGH trainers give the 1 : 1 ratio on training.

The new character art isnt all a waste of time. Most of the mobs look great . Just there should have been class models. I noticed that barbs look like barbs when they zerk ( I thinks thats it anyway ).
Last edited by Vsari on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

They look like barbs when they cast off their cry tiers, and it does it to anyone who gets the buff.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Vsari

Post by Vsari »

They look like barbs when they cast off their cry tiers, and it does it to anyone who gets the buff.
Thats to bad.

Personally I am pretty tired of looking like every other city dweller.

Darge

Post by Darge »

Have some fun with fate cards, then you can look like every other <insert gender and race here>.
SIN

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

Unfortunately, having a lot of variety in graphics doesn't come cheap. It's not a matter of changing just 1 graphic, you actually need to change 8 graphics for every change you want to make (the 4 facings when walking and the 4 facings when "swimming").

Add it up and its a large amount of work for something that people would probably notice for about 5 minutes.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

A 9th for corpses ;)

Vsari

Replying to Topic 'S

Post by Vsari »

Unfortunately, having a lot of variety in graphics doesn't come cheap. It's not a matter of changing just 1 graphic, you actually need to change 8 graphics for every change you want to make (the 4 facings when walking and the 4 facings when "swimming").
I am wondering Stormwind... Have you ever done 2D art? I have a few times and it takes no more than an hour of work to get a good model and then whatever the time is to put it in the game which I dont think takes long either.

If the devs are really this lazy then all they need to do is copy and paste the class trainer models over to the player models. Viola done. Ofcourse the option to use the old would be there.

2D art does come pretty cheap if you find someone that knows what they are doing and wont lolly gag around ( for a game like this anyway ). Kidna funny though.. You mention that graphics dont come cheap.. Drak isnt cheap either. It is the most expensive game I know with the least amount of content.
Last edited by Vsari on Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormwind

Post by Stormwind »

A variation of Darge's earlier response...

You would then just look like every other <insert class model here>.
I think you would shortly have the same issue with the class model graphics.

But hey if you know some folks who do quality 2d art and work cheap, email Brad some references.

-Stormwind
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

Frozboz

Replying to Topic 'S

Post by Frozboz »

Originally posted by Vsari
It is the most expensive game I know with the least amount of content.
People don't pay nearly the highest monthly fees in online gaming to play Drakkar for the stimulating graphics or wealth of content. They certainly don't pay for exciting gameplay, balanced classes, unique ideas, half-way decent customer service or a bug-free environment.

So why do you play? Most would say friends, I guess. Until people start quitting because other games are cheaper and better, look at it through the game administrators eyes: Why improve the product?

And as to the whole "art is expensive" argument, sorry, I don't buy it. If Brad is really paying thousands of dollars for improved 2-d art, he's getting ripped off. There are *free* games out there which are driven by 3-d engines with good 3-d graphics and fantastic new ideas in gameplay. I wouldn't have believed it until a friend showed me one this week. All I could say was, "this is free?" The market is ever-expanding.
Last edited by Frozboz on Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vsari

Replying to Topic 'S

Post by Vsari »

I wouldnt care about that. I just dont like looking like a Ment when I am a Paladin. There should be some variances in how we look depending on our class. A Paladin and a Ment should not look alike. Like I said before. Just use the Trainer models and be done with it.
But hey if you know some folks who do quality 2d art and work cheap, email Brad some references.
I could do it but I wouldnt work with Drakkar or Brad.

1. He doesnt care about the game.

2. He doesnt care about its players.

3. He only cares about money. Why else is the game so expensive ( NL and having to pay for GH per character.. WTH is up with that? )?

That much is obvious.
Last edited by Vsari on Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darge

Post by Darge »

I wouldnt care about that. I just dont like looking like a Ment when I am a Paladin. There should be some variances in how we look depending on our class. A Paladin and a Ment should not look alike. Like I said before. Just use the Trainer models and be done with it.
Funny, I'd rather be more distinctive by having my race displayed than being categorized by a much narrower grouping such as class. Whether your crit to you *looks* like a ment or not is not the game developer's problem.
pay for GH per character
But yeah, if I didn't focus all my work on one crit, I might be pretty pissed about this, heh.
SIN

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by Vsari

I could do it but I wouldnt work with Drakkar or Brad.

1. He doesnt care about the game.

2. He doesnt care about its players.

3. He only cares about money. Why else is the game so expensive ( NL and having to pay for GH per character.. WTH is up with that? )?

That much is obvious.
I made the same suggestion years ago... class models instead of race models as I remembered Legends of Kesmai had. However, this is Drakkar and has been like this for a long time. For those focused on graphics, be satisfied with what you've gotten thus far... also note he updated the player race models as well as all the rest. Personally, thinking on it now, I could do without standing in town and being asked again and again for thief reveal, ment burn/powerlevel me and healer prot me from every person who figures that since your class is seen, they can obligate you to help them.

I don't know the going rate for 2d models but at least Drak isn't as poor as some graphics I've seen (yeah, some cheaper games have better, so what?). This isn't about graphics. I've hammered some player who joined then whined that the arms and legs don't move when crit moves. They leave anyway. Money and development time is better spent on anything else right now. I have my own opinions about what Brad thinks of Drak, the players, the gameplay, etc.. I just don't air it out in a public forum.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

BoneCrusher

Post by BoneCrusher »

As usual my post is going to come right out of nowhere since I rarely post. If you all have a problem with anything I have to say, blame Migam...

1. We WOLF's blame him for everything.

2. He directed my attention to this post.

I have to agree with part of what Vsari is saying. I think the new art work was a waste of time. Brad still has a new scenario in beta that is failing miserably. I say save the money instead of having put it into artwork that really wasn't needed, realize the mistakes that were made with NL and scrap it all and try again with a new scenario, put the new graphics there, and sure use the graphics from NL and the good ideas from NL.

Think about the scenario and gaming from the player point of view.
Last edited by BoneCrusher on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!

Vsari

Replying to Topic 'S

Post by Vsari »

I have been playing Drak for 7 years ( not long as some but still.. 7 years playing one game is a very long time ) . I dont want people to think I am some newb trying to change the game to something else. However it is time to start trying to upgrade certain things to bring more life to the game. I myself rarely even look at the game screen as all I do is look at the crit box area for hours on end. I would look at the game area if there was something worth looking at. I dunno.. Maybe if the size of the UI was increased so we could actually see whats going on it wouldnt be as bad.

I thought the move to the 24bit game was going to mean more and better changes to come but it doesnt look that way now. If I didnt have NL I would go straight back to the old version.

So far there has been 2 upgrades... 24 bit and the model makeover ( Most of the crit models are great ) but neither delievered where they should have.
Last edited by Vsari on Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.