Giving healer's sense disc

If you have an idea post it here
mageofwisdom

Giving healer's sense disc

Post by mageofwisdom »

I think healer's should have the sense disc as it fits in with the range of existing discs we have. Also, since we rely on making twigs for transportation, being able to identify these twigs (with level 14+ sense) would be invaluable. Ments have the ability to label their teleports, so at least give us a way to see our twigs.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'Giving healer's sense disc'

Post by Mars »

Most classes rely on making twigs for transportation, so by your reasoning every class should have sense.

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense.

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

I seem to recall talk of taking twigs out of the game too <g>

Would have to really remember direction towards east or west!
Last edited by Longbeard on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vsari

Post by Vsari »

It seems that things that dont make sense make it into the game and the things that do dont..

Stormwind

Replying to Topic 'G

Post by Stormwind »

Yes every class uses twigs, but healers are the ones who can actually make them.

Personally I always thought it odd that a mentalist (or anyone with effective skill 14+ sense such as a skill 28+ thief or someone using a cob sense ring) could view where a twig went, yet a healer could not do so innately. It seems reasonable that a healer should be able to view a twigs location in a way other than going to that spot. The sense discipline is not the proper solution, but it may be the easiest overall.

-Stormwind
Last edited by Stormwind on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you."

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

Sorry Mars, you're right, that didn't make much sense (ha, no pun intended). I was all but asleep when i wrote it. It's more like Storm said, healers can make them inately, and the only other class who can inately make transportation items, mentalists, have an option of labeling their teleports so they know where they are going. If healer's can't get the sense disc then maybe modify the succor disc so that we can label our twigs when we make them. A healer only version of course.

But honestly, if healer's are supposed to be so in touch with the world and in most RPG's linked to some fundamental source then why wouldn't they naturally be able to sense items?

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

cuz the twigs are not sick and in need of thier services? <G>

Migam

Post by Migam »

Just a suggestion... devising a twig system. I'll tell you how I do, you can chuck it , consider something similiar, either way, I will attempt this while balancing a bowling ball on my head and try to make this post without a typo.

Belt: Items here do not shift or change position. I put Nork home twig as #1, leave #2 for weap or succor scroll), #3 Aleria home, #4 and #5 for whatever. I use succor scrolls to pad positions I want to skip over so that I put the twig where I want it.

Pouch: Cob twigs. Here, items shift so I have to either remember the order or just buy succor scrolls and check em by twigging. Hint: set twig nowhere you cannot survive naked or in Nork gear. My pally keeps one Cob twig here ... home. My thief keeps Tree, Doom and door before locked door under Roc lair for those in need.

Sack, NL twigs, some safe Cob non-home spots. Thief keeps some Dormar ones but with liminv, no risk. I also choose spots in ud such as area near entrance portals to ud1, 2, 4 normally safe. I tend to push NL twigs to the bottom of sack by removing/sacking items then keep those Cob twigs on top.

Yeah, maybe tedious? Try it, it becomes 2nd nature even when switching slots. You can have all slots use the same Nork and Aleria home spots so that's 2 spots fixed.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

mageofwisdom

Post by mageofwisdom »

yea, thats not bad mig, but lets say u take a week off from the game, and try to come back and dont remember which twig gets u to the safety of timmy or launches u in the middle of ud2...what do u do? Or you forget if u belted cob, sacked NL or pouched the Nork twigs...it can all get confusing. Is it really that hard to change the twig system for healers even a little? I mean I always hear sysops asking how to make the game better but then when people (not even myself) actually pitch something, there's always some reason why it shouldnt be done.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Originally posted by mageofwisdom

yea, thats not bad mig, but lets say u take a week off from the game, and try to come back and dont remember which twig gets u to the safety of timmy or launches u in the middle of ud2...what do u do? Or you forget if u belted cob, sacked NL or pouched the Nork twigs...it can all get confusing. Is it really that hard to change the twig system for healers even a little? I mean I always hear sysops asking how to make the game better but then when people (not even myself) actually pitch something, there's always some reason why it shouldnt be done.
:) I just don't forget. Nork twigs never hit my sack.. NL and Cob never hit my belt... I just stay consistant even across slots except for thief Cob and Dornar twigs. If my non-thief has no GH, belt #5 is my Frore home spot. If I set a twig somewhere I'm looting, on the last trip, I don't set the twig. No surprises. Have used the same belt slots like this again and again. Even dp'ing, I just make new ones and put where they belong. If I have a twig that I can't figure due to being away, I sell it at shop since if I set this twig spot once, I should be able to again.

You can even make a computer file, number the slots and keep track. I keep notes about gains, etc on a small pad by my comp. Not easy but it works.

Mind you, I've said nothing about my views on healers getting sense disc; just offering an alternative as I have found that I need to invent when the game doesn't offer. ;)
Last edited by Migam on Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

one twig on belt to a safe spot in cob, other than that, everything is disposable. only times i make twigs other than the one to cob are situational, for a hunt, dex, coin hauling, soon as i'm done with what ever i'm doing, i break spare twigs.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

The whole issue is trivial though, since you can have some skill 15 sense bracers made and sense twigs just fine.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Sigh, it's a lost cause...everyone knows healers don't have any sense! :p
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

Or if you REALLY need sense for your senseless healer, fate cards. just remember, sex, race, age, alighnment changes are part of the deal<G>

Kiya :hoho

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

People still make healers?

Tooey

Post by Tooey »

I dont know wether im right on this but healers dont have the sense disapline cause it doesn't fit there class's general purpose.

Sample:
Healers = Heal, Main Prots, Main Repiars, Limited Offense
Ments = Offense, Prots, Items(Sense Imbue Enchant)

Thefore why should have things related to items when nothing else in there class does ?

btw. May be wrong kinda sleepy when writing this

Tooey of ASH

Mistic

Post by Mistic »

Most of you know my healer is my main...and I have on occasion twigged into ancients in nork gear. Bad move! I agree that we should be able to label twigs or sense them somehow. If anything we should have the ability because we are a psi-user. However, since the game will never change this, the solution I came up with is simple. I keep 2 twigs that go to the safest place in Cob on my belt. I keep a twig to Acrona in my pouch, cuz I'm to lazy to make that long run through GH to frore. When going on hunts, etc. I will make twigs for my sack that can later be broken. Of course the occasional stripping always takes care of that for me.

Bottom line the least amount of twigs one carries, the better.
:D

Mistic_____ASH

Migam

Post by Migam »

Having said all the above, maybe a good compromise between those saying healers should and shouldn't sense twigs... a double-click that includes what server the twig is set to go to. Sure, it won't show where in that server that twigs is set but even a ment can't sense that unless in the same server anyway. It's still important to make certain you set spots you can be sure you're safe and destroy temporary twigs after looting. Brad shouldn't have to code for every single player convenience :) .

Brad is busy with GDH but afterwards, not such a stretch of coding as the game itself checks for this anyway when you twig. It can even abbreviate the server so the new description length doesn't exceed the character limits as encrusting sometimes did.
---Pathfinder