Inspire Hate

If you have an idea post it here
Fin

Inspire Hate

Post by Fin »

I had a thought for a discipline thay may or may not be possible. It is a variation on a spell in the original Legacy of Cain. Inspire hate caused the townspeople to go mad and kill each other leaving corpses readily available for feeding. I have always thought that in a lair hunt or in general skilling parties it would be convenient to cast a spell on your parties "bait" so that the bad guys would be more likely to attack the bait. I know the confusion spell, when it works, causes the bad guys to attack each other. but I don't know of a discipline that causes the bad guys to focus on one person. I suppose it would be difficult to regulate casting it on others that don't want it, but in the sense of lairs or parties having it casted on those that do want to be attacked would be very nice indeed.
What do you guys think?

Fin______STORM

Migam

Replying to Topic 'Inspire Hate'

Post by Migam »

Hehe, I have to admit the title of the post worried me til I opened it lol.

This would be cool and more balanced if say, the crits got a bonus to hit the bait more often and harder so that it's not a simple matter of bait sitting and yawning while the weaker party members are untouched.. maybe make em % hitters suddenly?
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Fin

Post by Fin »

I think I had in mind more towards higher levels of not only the caster but the target as well. Maybe have this spell available at about the same time as corspray or around there about. We won't get into how worthless corspray is, thats a completely different thread.
Also, I don't think that this should be an overwhelming increase for the targeting of the bad guys. I remember quite a few lair hunts where the bait went in first and it wasn't very long til the bait wasn't the bait anymore and the lair critter retargeted. This spell would be more towards the idea that the bait stays the bait.
I have been trying to come up with ways to make lair hunts more three dimensional. For instance, you have your barbs and pallys on hex hacking away at the lair critter with healers and ments a couple hexes away. Even though the barbs and pallys have the critter engaged at any given time it can retarget, jump to one of the healers hexes, and splat you got a dead healer and the potential for the hunt to go south really quick. If the baiter is more likely to hold the attention of the lair critter, it kinda has the feeling of the barbs and pallys standing in the way and the lair critter can't get to the healers and ments. If this spell can be implemented in this manner I think it definately adds to the lair experience.

Fin______STORM

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

imo that would take away the "challenge" of the lair, no member of the party should be "immune" from attack, in any fight any attacker can decide to jump through the battle lines and attack those hiding in rear

but is a nice idea

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

Try using Psi mirror and get the bait to attack with psi :)

that generally works.

Used to use psi mirror/poison hally on wardens

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

barbs attacking reggie with stil...
same concept

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Agro control works well enough at this time. Admittedly NL only, and not even all of NL, but hey, it is in the game. Of course it's not perfect and multi attack lairs may still switch it up and attack a person who agro's less than the main bait, but at least it works fairly well.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl