Class Specific Threads

If you have an idea post it here
Cheese
Title: Meh.

Class Specific Threads

Post by Cheese »

Why don't we have actual class specific forum groups?

That way people can post questions/dicussions based on a class that don't fit into the existing threads groups(ie, topics that don't neccessarly apply to nl, nork, or cob, but just a generalization type of thing)

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'Class Specific Threads'

Post by Dragonslayer »

Not enough 'man power' on here to support that many sub-forums, and sub-forums can kill a forum when overused. Use the tavern for on-scenario specific comments.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

At one time, we planned on allowing each guild to have their own forum area. But we found that as we started adding them the forums started screwing up, so yea, what we have is it. We really can't add a bunch of new areas. Is a good thought though

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

I think this would be really nice to have. Maybe some forums that haven't been used lately could be removed to make way for the 7 new sections (Don't give merchants one and make pallys and fighters share).

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

There aren't any sections that are unused. Best solution I can offer at this time is to continue to post under Tavern, Ideas, ect

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I'd be very strongly against more subforums; spreading a forum's already low activity very thin makes it look even more dead, wich scares of some posters.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

Hope it scares you off <g>

Nemesis

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

I personally think it would be nice for people to talk within their own class about changes they would like made to it without facing the wrath of other people who feel said class is too powerful or that another class needs to be looked into first because this can become discouraging.

Cheese
Title: Meh.

Post by Cheese »

you think a sub cat would stop mockery/hatred/flaming? it wouldn't, but as mars said, it's not doable, so let it be.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by PieterPost

Hope it scares you off <g>

Nemesis
And i love you to ;)

and you'd still be able to post in all sub forums, so i doubt what you said would hold much truth, anarion. Not to mention that a countervoice is often helpfull to come up with balanced idea's.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

If you really want a class specific thread, start one thread in the the scenario of your choice, and all can read them there. As you or others grow, they can add to it there. But remember some read certain areas, and class specifics might be passed over by those with a secondary who may have great ideas for you, if it had its own sub heading.

Kiya/Kiri:p