Petition for 8 bit

If you have an idea post it here
TangoDown

Petition for 8 bit

Post by TangoDown »

Since brad has been adding so many new features to 24 bit and leaving 8 bit behind , its "forcing" people to use 24 bit because with out it you cant use quirks, i know many people who prefer 8 bit over 24 immensely because to me 24 bit is just in lack of a better word, undrakkarish, so out of my boredom i wanted to see how many people would agree on me for this to ask brad to enable 8 bit to see NL gear and be able to work with quirks since it seems it wouldnt be to hard to do because the NL items dont have to have new Skins just probaly cut on the animations. So if you would like to see 24 bit features added into the 8 bit style just sign up or if you think this is a dumb idea flame away :p
-ElTango
Last edited by TangoDown on Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tirith
Title: The Raging Darge

Replying to Topic 'Petition for 8 bit'

Post by Tirith »

put me down for a flame

Hawk409

Post by Hawk409 »

naa, if people want to see the new nl gear ect, let them get the 24bit version, thats the way it is. brad has more important things to do then convert 24bit stuff to 8bit lol..
No one lives forever, Infact we all die

-Hawk_____STORM

Hawk409

Post by Hawk409 »

I used to feel the same about only using the 8bit version, then i left drak for personal reasons for about 8 months, when i came back, i desided to try the 24bit, and well, now thats all i use, i like it much better. if you have not tried the 24bit version, ya should give it a try.

-Hawk_____STORM

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

I think u guys should make 8-bit images of all the items that don't have 8-bit images, and then suggest the idea. Then Brad wouldn't have to waste time that could be put towards other things.
FLAMED!!!
Last edited by Anarion on Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Art=expensive, I don't think brad would like having to buy himself 8bit versions of nl stuff.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

SpaceGhost

Post by SpaceGhost »

Originally posted by TangoDown

Since brad has been adding so many new features to 24 bit and leaving 8 bit behind , its "forcing" people to use 24 bit because with out it you cant use quirks, i know many people who prefer 8 bit over 24 immensely because to me 24 bit is just in lack of a better word, undrakkarish, so out of my boredom i wanted to see how many people would agree on me for this to ask brad to enable 8 bit to see NL gear and be able to work with quirks since it seems it wouldnt be to hard to do because the NL items dont have to have new Skins just probaly cut on the animations. So if you would like to see 24 bit features added into the 8 bit style just sign up or if you think this is a dumb idea flame away :p
-ElTango
Do you really think brad wanted to use a NEW fe? Maybe it was the only way for him to do what he wanted with NL, and future changes to the game. Im sure if he could have just used the old fe he would have.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Exactly

None of the recent changes/additions would be possible with the 8bit version. it's just too old, no room for growth

RyKnow

Post by RyKnow »

Killing 8-bit version of drakkar would be wrong. DON'T do it. 1.) i like the style of 8-bit better 2.) i dont recconize most of the things on 24-bit because its such a change and 3.) i Cannot use 24-bit version, my computer wont let me.

Brad, if you want to kill your income for Drak, then kill 8-bit... simple as that. But if you do kill it, im done. :hoho

Hawk409

Post by Hawk409 »

hes not killing it lol, just not gonna add new art, quirk menus ect into it

-Hawk_____STORM

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

I'll add a for 8 bit enabling for quirks. 24 bit penalizes those with older systems who may not be able to afford to upgrade

Kiri:p

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by Kiya138

I'll add a for 8 bit enabling for quirks. 24 bit penalizes those with older systems who may not be able to afford to upgrade

Not to sound crude, but can anyone say stone age? Getting a dumped pc from your local school should be enough to run the new fe.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

For some, its as simple as support a family on under 700 per month

Kiya/Kiri

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I guess you have a point, but it is suprisingly easy to get some second hand hardware for free or under 25 euro's. Especially when you only need a new box, no monitor and the like.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

8Bit Front End MUST have default icon for all new NL gear collectively.

Ever shopped for books online or anything else for that matter?

There is often image seen that say: "No Picture available"

It is a matter of respect, and yes a little bit for waste of time to come up with something like:

[N]

New front end needs buttons moved around to such degree that people could play it on somewhat "regular" size monitor in 800x600 mode where everything is bigger. (Currently you don't get any macro buttons, but game screen looks A LOT better if you do it)

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

Originally posted by Dragonslayer

Originally posted by Kiya138

Not to sound crude, but can anyone say stone age? Getting a dumped pc from your local school should be enough to run the new fe.

As noted in another spot, any expense may be more than a limited income can afford

Kiya/Kiri:D

PS: not really needing to add Nl, keep 8 bit for nork, aleria, cob etc. as was posted, FAR too much coding for NL to work in 8 bit, but quirks should not be that big a deal.
Last edited by Kiya138 on Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.