More shields

If you have an idea post it here
Gasthrax

More shields

Post by Gasthrax »

Was thinking we could use more shields. As far a Low-Med. level shields (1-20) is covered with duke and bresh, but after lvl 20, there are no improvements. I was thinking there should be 1 or 2 more shields added to the game. Right now its like sticking a pally with a slicer the entire game and it needs additions. Dunno if you are are already working on this, but i figured this post could post. Throw in your ideas if ya want.
<-Blackhawk->

Spiderbyte

Replying to Topic 'More shields'

Post by Spiderbyte »

I would like to see a damage shield component added to higher end shields (or new shields).

Like an electric shock when it blocks or +hp to defender when it blocks.
Last edited by Spiderbyte on Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

Gasthrax how can u forget good ol' Koss's shield, it blocks like a champ and looks like something you would find in a dumpster. But for high end shields i have to agree with spyder, something special added to a shield would be pretty cool.

Gasthrax

Post by Gasthrax »

Well using the same shield i got at lvl 21 solo isnt cool. id prefer at least 1 step in the upward direction. When you start you get a green shield, then baskie, then bresh or duke. Thats all for the entire game. Some people go Longsword on a pally when they are small because they can hold a shield. Later in the game (in nork/nl anyways), they still use the same shield they had several lvls ago. The entire point in using ls from the beggining is pretty much killed. After pallys get an excally, they probably block more than an LS + Shield user. That isnt right. :-|
Last edited by Gasthrax on Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<-Blackhawk->

Spiderbyte

Post by Spiderbyte »

I agree :D
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

Have you tested the double baskie shield? It would have been nice if it had a different graphic. I look like such a noob when I wield it.

Shields test against the skill of the attacker. Since Nork monsters are, more or less, skill capped, a better blocking shield might not be appropriate.

Something with little tweaks, like you mentioned, might be cool! Koss is an exciting hunt for players in their 20s and it would be great if his shield did not look like a k-mart reject while blocking as well as a Duke or Bresh.

Nameless Lands could use a shield or two.

Cob has a variety of excellent shields available.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html