Event thoughts

If you have an idea post it here
Mars
Admin
Admin

Event thoughts

Post by Mars »

OK,

I've seen a few comments in lobby chat about the current event. Which gives me a nice feeling that I tried to use areas that are not visited much by the avg player anymore. I also tried to incorporate "rewards" that are also outside the usual.

I'd like to continue this way and would like a couple of thoughts/ideas from some of you as to what you think I can do/use for future events.

Please keep in mind the following:

1. can not be class specific
2. Has to be able to be completed by a large # of players in a short amount of time. So basically it can't be something overpowering ect. It has to fit the work that is involved, since these "quests" are short duration, not a lot of player work to do (just fun). Things like stat increase is good (which one(s) don't we do yet?).

Post here or email Mars@drakkarzone.com

I'm not saying any will be used, but they will get me thinking along the lines of what you all want to see.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'Event thoughts'

Post by Darge »

Skill gain and int increase were great. Will is a universally beneficial stat currently not boosted outside of halloween.

One thing that might be neat to toy around is a portion where you have to guide an npc from boathouse to the nork blackmarket, to get his wares, and then across the ocean to the grassy patch in maeling caves, so he can set up shop. (the npc cant be killed, but unless there are no monsters on screen it wont move.)
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Skill gain is awsome. Possible events to involve paid skill in your highest skill. Enough skill points for 1% of skill 30+. Eventually, Quirks too.

4th of July event with fireworks and firecrackers. Possibly have a permanent parade with dressed up townies pathing around Nork. Have a questor with a "4th of July Disaster" scenario. Have Townies around certain walkways to show that something's going on. Have discounted Stans and beers that give random stats after the first few. Either that or mini-quests on the side of the main quest, that "trades" Stans that give random benefits, ranging from quirk points, stats, hp, ep, skill, paid skill, exp.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

Having items drop anywhere on a dungeon level was a major improvement! Good show!

Rather than repeat the quest twice for two different rewards, perhaps add more quest NPCs in sequence (must finish previous to move to next) that take you to deeper and deeper levels with a commensurate award.

I would also locate each NPC on the level the item is found to cut down on people farming areas for their alts.

Having the items bind on pickup is a good deal. I know I was hogging an area just to get items to hand out to other players.

Any +Stat reward that goes beyond 19 is cool. I prefer not to have an NPC give out a random reward.

Permanent +WIL and +CHA would be high on my list.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

This something about current event. Please don't take it as a rant, i am cool and events in all their incarnations are really cool.

Consider there are 2 types of players, one is the type that is never ahead with his trainer on the skill and there is another that coins and buys skill way ahead, chits availability in upper GH also gives ppl extra bonus of better exp gain for training, so some are always ahead on skill and some are not.

Just because there are ppl that are ahead on skill out there this event should have given +10% in skills AS WELL as +10% payment on all skills, just to reward people that actually pay their skills.

So far it looks like every one did get skill ++ but ppl that were ahead on their skills also payed coin for that.
Last edited by Longbeard on Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TangoDown

Post by TangoDown »

Since the new Quirk system is out, how about having events that give Qurik points as rewards? just a thought

-ElTango

Tee

Post by Tee »

you could do more quest with + skill gain and for stats to increase + 1 for any lvl thats stat is for example the halloween candy only goes to 19 most people with cob now . have more then 19 in all stats
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!