Bank intrest

If you have an idea post it here
finalwarrior

Bank intrest

Post by finalwarrior »

Well I wont tell you how I thought of this but real banks do it.... So why can drak's? Plus I really just want to put like a few megs in the bank and watch it grow. I am no programmer but I am sure this would be fairly challenging to make but this is just an idea that I think would be pretty cool. Any idea's?

Crusher

Replying to Topic 'Bank intrest'

Post by Crusher »

I think it would be nice to put 5m in your bank and see 5m a week or 2 later. Be kind of interesting to give some type of extra math for younger kids to figure out. Maybe a bonus with gold and ugh.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Remember this is sposed to be set in the mid-evil period, is it not? Were lucky the King <brad > dont tax us to hold our money! :sarc
Ssusprina_ZAND

"All that will ever matter in this life is the differance you make in a life of a child"

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Originally posted by Crusher

I think it would be nice to put 5m in your bank and see 5m a week or 2 later. Be kind of interesting to give some type of extra math for younger kids to figure out. Maybe a bonus with gold and ugh.

This is soo easy to do
Put 5meg in your bank, don't touch it, I guarantee in a week or 2, 5 meg will still be there <VEG>

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

What was that grin for? You have access to my bank account?! You Haxz0r!

:)

Just noticed I failed my "extra math for younger kids" part... lol

Well, maybe not bank interest, but some type of CD or "Loan". Basically buy a CD for 50m, you can't get the money back until a certain period of time passes. Minimum time, 1 month. Max time, 2 years. 1 month might be only 10-20% increase. 50m would become 55-60m. However, long time players put 500m in the bank for 2 years of paying to get somewhere near 1500m out of it, that's atleast guarenteed 120 bucks for Brad. If they're gold, an increased interest would be nice.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

finalwarrior

Post by finalwarrior »

so seems like some people like and some people don't... how could you not like free money? lol . Ya supposed to be kinda midevil area of time but this game does have banks. well if brad and gang put this in game i wouldn't be mad.

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

BANK INTEREST
Silver Plan members get 1%/wk interest on their bank accounts.
Gold Plan members get 1.25%/wk interest on their bank account.

Result after 1 month:
Silver Plan: ~5% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~6% Extra Cash

Result after 1 year:
Silver Plan: ~70% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~90% Extra Cash

Result after 2 years:
Silver Plan: ~190% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~260% Extra Cash

There would be little short-term reward relative to the amount invested, but their money would increase exponentially, meaning long-term rewards would be great. If the player sticks around for that long, it's a guaranteed $60-$120 income for DrakkarZone. If not, the amount gained(again, relative) is insignificant anyway.

It's not really anything spectacular. If you want to toss in a relatively insignificant change that'll really only impact those who all ready have more money than they'd ever need, add it. Interest would look nice as another bonus to being a paid member, even if it didn't really amount to much.

dhavin

Post by dhavin »

...and while you're at it, make a contraband market where we can sit and daytrade all day long...

Tee

Post by Tee »

:p i wouldnt mind a little extra coin in the bank , but i dont think in mid evil times the did that
Last edited by Tee on Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Money is either a good or bad influence according to the character of the person who posses it.... remember that you character is your destiny!

finalwarrior

Post by finalwarrior »

well like i said drak does have banks.... as for E-Bay they definatly did not have that.

Sisco

Post by Sisco »

I feel intrest would be nice to some but for others the little percentage doesn't matter to what they could make in a single kill. And if they did intrest rates it should only be for paying members.
Why is it nice to have a middle class when everyone can be rich!

Abiien

Post by Abiien »

Originally posted by Balmxmoe

BANK INTEREST
Silver Plan members get 1%/wk interest on their bank accounts.
Gold Plan members get 1.25%/wk interest on their bank account.

Result after 1 month:
Silver Plan: ~5% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~6% Extra Cash

Result after 1 year:
Silver Plan: ~70% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~90% Extra Cash

Result after 2 years:
Silver Plan: ~190% Extra Cash
Gold Plan: ~260% Extra Cash

There would be little short-term reward relative to the amount invested, but their money would increase exponentially, meaning long-term rewards would be great. If the player sticks around for that long, it's a guaranteed $60-$120 income for DrakkarZone. If not, the amount gained(again, relative) is insignificant anyway.

It's not really anything spectacular. If you want to toss in a relatively insignificant change that'll really only impact those who all ready have more money than they'd ever need, add it. Interest would look nice as another bonus to being a paid member, even if it didn't really amount to much.
Hey... Mars. Can i have 50 billion gold in a few days.
oh wait.
or you can do this ...
<VEG>

-----------------------------------

Benn_______MoY
8years and counting...

Longbeard

Post by Longbeard »

I Guess i will repost this from CC forum, because it seems many ppl never go to that forum, if you however want to talk about CC related banking issues and feel it is too much to tell every one about it, go there and post in original thread:
http://kingdomofdrakkar.com/newforums/v ... php?t=5584

What i would like to have is a more fun interface for the banker.

I would also like to have new treasure added and to have new use of some sort for existing treasure.

Banker should have a "vault" it should hold only 3 types of things:

1 precious gems

2 precious matal bars (gold bar as found in random treasure comes to mind)

3 AND checks that are available in CC as of now.

I would like to have a new type of gem to be put into game as random treasure in lairs, it should have value of 1M or more and not less then 1M, should have some new graphic and vary in price, people should feel free to sell it or keep it, eventually largest gem should be known about and stay in the game with some kind of story / and price known. News of it's discovery should be covered in norken times.

-You should be able to sell it to the bank after which you have money transferred into your account or check issued, gem however becomes available for sale, from the bank at a markup of 100,000 to the next interested collector.

Metal bars like Gold bars should be possible to use for something more then just quick cash-in in the store. Make it level and quest restricted item that can be cast at the bank and used as payment for some item in some also restricted by exp level and quest store.
Randomly found gold bars should have quest value as well.

Vault should hold check that we can write at CC nowdays because it should be safer to keep them there

The type of vault and jewelry / gold transaction bank should only be available to some one with high status in the community, say any one after level 20 exp. After they complete a quest to access it and pay a fee of some 1M gold pieces.
There should only be one branch per land, it should be called "Central Bank" and should be independant from bank of the other land, now we have 3 banking systems in existance for example:
Nork Bank
Mj Bank
Cob Bank
that would call for instalation of 3 or only 2 more banking facilities, which can be a 2nd floor in existing banks of Cob and Nork.

Why i posted this in CC forum, well because i do mention check writing available from CC.

I really think there should be more, real high end banking transactions available, there should be some sort of Financial market created by adding this and other things, to effectively add to just selling of your loot to the store kinda thing...

Last request is the most important tho, please consider ability for thieves to rob banks,
-Oh well can install it together with Court system i guess to inflic t fines or something.
Actually robbery idea is not so much of an idea, more of a joke