Small Problem with some req's

If you have an idea post it here
Kiya138

Small Problem with some req's

Post by Kiya138 »

I understand the need for some level requirement for gear, but I’m a bit irritated at some of the requirements that look almost like discrimination. There is the old requirement level 17 to trade Uther Bs for Sabre, but Ment\\\'s cannot use chip staff til level 18. A new Pally, or other Long sword user can get and use Griffin sword at level 1, but new MA cannot have Rd gauntlets? Hally users can get +4 Mino hally at any size. Where is the decent weapon for MA before level 10 or 12. Shouldn\'t Ment\'s be able to get the chip at same level as Pally can get a Sabre? Ment\'s remain stuck with fishery staff til level 18? For Ments to wait one more level than Longsword user for best Nork weapon, is a bit off.

Kiri_____STEEL

lalasushi

Replying to Topic 'Small Problem with some req's'

Post by lalasushi »

lvl req for rd should be lvl 5 at max

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

I do have a few Questions and suggestions for some items.

Sorted by level requirment w/ suggested adjustments

Excally - Level 19
Thief/Pally Plate=lvl 19
Reggie - Level 18
Chipper Staff - Level 18 should be 17 same as to trade for sabre or phelm
Mama Scales - Level 17 should be 15 or 16 similar to full plate
Stillo ~ lvl 17
Vamps ~ lvl 16
STR Hally - lvl 16
FG Hally - Level 15 +6 FG hally - lvl 16 which is it? 15 ok
BD Scales - Level 15 should be 13
Slicer LS - Level 15 should be 13
+5 HG hally - lvl 15 should be 13
Untied SD Scales - Level 14 should be 13 (keep these items same as tied)
Tied SD Scales - Level 12 should be 13
Lich Uzi - Lvl 13 rather see it more like 10
ChipperUzi - lvl 14 should be 13 (keep these items same as tied) rather see it more like 10
Erodian Bow - Level 13 should be 15 or 16
Black Ninja Robe - Level 12
RD Scales - Level 12 should be 5 or 6
RD Gaunts - Level 10 should be 5 or 6

Kiri_____STEEL
Last edited by Kiya138 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

Level reqs aren't just here to annoy you, they're to stop newbies being spoilt. A "traditional" requirement has always been that the player to be granted the spoils from lair be able to at least contribute to a hunt. Your level 10 ment enmissing papa lich might contribute 3 or 4 points of damage per round, but let's be realistic, he isn't actually contributing. I doubt a level 13 crit would contribute much to a Slicer hunt either. I think the current level reqs are all pretty good.

Nemesis

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

make level reqs proportianate to what level a person could possibly kill the lair, coupled with people of equal size. Level 12's cannot hunt for n8 gear or n8 mama naga scales. Bump the scales and n8 gnoll dagger up to 18+. Erodian bow, im extremely shocked to see that reqed in the teens, considering i couldnt see erodian untill i was level 30+ or so. Lich uzi, a level 10 cannot see papa lich, i could barely see him 1 hex away when i did my first solo a level 19. By this same token, why is merkon ammulet level 20 reqed? And why is bl level 20 reqed as well? These seem fairly low for such good gear. Str hally, let me know how many level 16's can hunt km5 long enough to get the items they need for it. Level 19 cant see wardens. Paladin plate, at least one version of it, is level 20 reqed as a side note
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

I agree that the level requirements need to stay high. I may not like the fact that I can't use most of the gear in Nork, but if I had it all, I'd get bored with the game. There would be nothing for me to work toward other than skill gain.

I think the biggest problem concerning the level requirements is the difficulty to skill for some classes. Mentalists, for instance, are extremely hard to skill, and items like Uzis and such make it quite a bit easier. Even with those items, however, it still takes a mentalist well over a week, unless he/she is playing nonstop, just to get strong enough to move from n-5 to n-6, let alone to get big enough to use the items which can help them skill.

What I'd suggest to fix that problem is the addition of new areas that don't have such a huge difference in difficulty. Add some new gear in those areas that aren't such a huge boost in power. Allow players to feel like they're advancing, when they're really moving at the same pace. Nobody likes to feel stagnant, and I've seen it turn quite a few players away from this game.

If areas/items like this all ready exist, make them easier to find. Add clues as to their existance. I'm not a veteran of this game, so I might not know about such areas, but I've played drakkar on and off for years.

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

I have leveled a mentalist to 17/14 on two occasions now. I have never had a chipper staff. And players don't need rd scales at lvl 5. There might need to be some changes to some the weapons level requirments, but chipper staff isn't one of them.

There are still some weapons that need to be implemented in nork. Two, one medium and one high lvl shortswords would be nice, ... And I am talking nork lvls, medium being around 13, high around 17 or 18. ;)

Rygar
Last edited by Rygar on Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

i think lvl 5 for rd would be nice, becuase u see all these newbs running around with stupid cob leathers and its worse than someone getting them a sd at lvl 1...
u should make those lvl required brad, they can come to nork

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

sorry folks, then pally doesn't need Sabre til 18, or stil for thieves til 18, or ma, vamps til 18, healer staff 18 etc. if its fair for one, its fair for all.

Kiri____STEEL
Last edited by Kiya138 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

No arguments there.

SpaceGhost

Post by SpaceGhost »

lvl 10 = 409k exp

for the early nork dungeons its real simple to one shot everything without rd guants, you will run into problems on n4 but if you can even live there you are already lvl 11 (assuming you are not over geared once stunned then you will die) And at that point you can wear rd guants. Most creatures are 1k exp on n4 so that is real simple to aquire that exp.

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

lvl 10 i was skill10 and soloing griffy, with rd gaunts and 3 maeling yellows, because my griffy got popped by a newb ment.

I'll look over the really important ones, this with rd and such won't be changed even if we think its unfair. neither most likely will any of the others.

Kiri_____STEEL

ps Hate keying without my glasses
Last edited by Kiya138 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shortyz

Post by Shortyz »

Kiya, to be honest, the noob MA gaunts are accualy the leather gloves with combat adds u find anywhere (frore exits most times). i agree with that it being with that req, even for sanquin armor (lvl 5 req).

Muh theory is: If u cant solo or even party with ppl your size and get it .. you shouldnt even have it.

Shortyz

Post by Shortyz »

To be honest kiya, noob MA guants are the leather gloves you find anywhere (combat adds found on ones near frore and at exits of city). Im accualy glad with the lvl req on rd gaunts.

Darkevils Theory: If you cant take the mob, ya shouldnt have the item at all.

Shortyz

Post by Shortyz »

To be honest kiya, noob MA guants are the leather gloves you find anywhere (combat adds found on ones near frore and at exits of city). Im accualy glad with the lvl req on rd gaunts.

Darkevils Theory: If you cant take the mob, ya shouldnt have the item at all.

Darge

Post by Darge »

gs weilders cant even get the most usefull party oriented gs in nork till they are lvl 18 (assuming they dont have a larger crit). I managed to wait with my crappy slicer all the way, dont understand why a ment cant do the same. Also kiya, Mama scales block better than full plate, thus higher level req. Vamps are level 16 req because vamps are not nearly as hard as uther or chipper or bresh. If anything a good deal of these reqs should be raised given what a decent sized, both in number and level, party can kill. Dont complain about the whip, he might add spikey barbs too it...
SIN

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

For the MUlti posters<G> this is not a repeat of the first listing. it has been revised.
As MA i did solo Griffy at lvl 10/10, but NOT with leather, not possible. Also Mino's at 10/11, again, with Rd Gaunts. BUT you want to take main weapon from Ment? then no Sabre for pally's at 17, They can wait til 18 also. As can those who want Stiletto, Bresh Shield, Fp wearers, Healers for Fs Draggy, any and all types of pgear to trade or wear. Ment, if staff user, has only one to choose from when and if they get one. and no other class waits til level 18 for that weapon and Scale. And i would be very happy to test my Ments firebreath againts similar size player's in Fp, no other gear at all,anyday. You will take far less damage than i do in scale within my current requirement.

Sorted by level requirment w/ additional suggested adjustments

Excally - Level 19 (possibly higher)
Thief/Pally Plate=lvl 19 (possibly higher)
Reggie - Level 18
Chipper Staff - Level 18 should be 17 equal to trade for sabre or phelm
Sabre - now 17, all pgear same levle req' to use or trade 18
Mama Scales - Level 17 should be 15 to 16 similar to full plate
Stillo - lvl 17 Pgear or part there of, all the same
Vamps - lvl 16 Pgear or part there of, all the same
STR Hally - lvl 16 (?) possibly higher
FG Hally - Level 15 +6 FG hally - lvl 16 which is it? 17 better if Hg is 15
BD Scales - Level 15 should be 13
Slicer LS - Level 15 should be 13
Slicer GS - Level 15 lvl 14 and full max hp
+5 HG hally - lvl 15 should be 13 {if Fg is 15 or 16 and I've seen both quoted}
Untied SD Scales - Level 14 should be 13} (keep these items same)
Tied SD Scales - Level 12 should be 13} (keep these items same)
Lich Uzi - Lvl 13} should be 13 (keep these items same level)
ChipperUzi - lvl 14} should be 13 (keep these items same level)
Erodian Bow - Level 13 should be 15 or 16 or higher(I can't see at 19)
Black Ninja Robe - Level 12 ?same or even 13
RD Scales - Level 12 should be 5 or 6} (keep these items same level)
RD Gaunts - Level 10 should be 5 or 6} (keep these items same level)
DT Gaunts - level 10 should be 5 or 6} (keep these items same level)
ADD
*Griffin LS - level 10 or same as RD gear
*+4 Hally - level 10 or same as RD gear

these last 2 seem only fair if RD iha level requirement are only fair, if no one can have lair gear except from a lair they can stand in, so be it. then NO-ONE under level 10 should have any lair item of gear.

Kiri_____STEEL

ps: level reqe's all gear that might come back to nork from cob to at least lvl 18 also. This is the edit, I forgot to add.
Last edited by Kiya138 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

ok kira, no offense to u standing up for all these newbies and wanting them to have great oppertunities, but you need to reread and get afew things u have said straight.

like for instance
lvl 14 is lich uzi, i went and killed one 5minutes ago to to check. Its lvl 20 that waswhat u needed for pally plate last i knew(but its been awhile, still doubt brad has changed).
sorry folks, then pally doesn't need Sabre til 18, or stil for thieves til 18, or ma, vamps til 18, healer staff 18 etc. if its fair for one, its fair for all.
and since when is saber pally weapon and stiletto thief? any class can use these, including non ma's vamp gaunts.
ive used saber on my ment, ive used stilletto on a barb when hunting fo rbnrs, ive used vamp gaunts on every single one of my crits at one point in time.
chipper is only one of these weapons that are class only.

afew other things are tied sd scales are lvl 13, went and uberized one just to check.
:D
now what i hate is since these newbs cant have mama rds atlvl 5 they have cob leathers at lvl 5, which i think if brad wants them to be allowed in nork and how they have become quite popular since the lvl requirement change he should give htem at least a lvl 15 requirement.

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

Kiya, to be honest, the noob MA gaunts are accualy the leather gloves with combat adds u find anywhere (frore exits most times). i agree with that it being with that req, even for sanquin armor (lvl 5 req).
Sorry Shotyz but get a clue.
1. Most leather GAUNTLETS have no combat adds, and Frore is not a place for newb crits to run to try and get the few in the Nork segment that there might be.
2. Those GAUNTLETS you think are so good, cannot touch at least 3 types of crits before N-4. The -3 Mummy King, the 3.5 Ghost, and the Skeltons with the 3.5 Mummy. OOPS, thats 4 kinds. All of these crits are parts of Drakkar story line and a few quests. Also am not sure, but i don't think they touch the 3.5 Mino, and gosh thats 5! That means that without Glowing, Silver weapons, new Ma's cannot complete the RB Sash Quest, The Mummy King Quest, or if they locate the 3.5 Mummy and his Skeletons, they have to run!! they cannot hit them, even if they are Skill 10. And since we're taking from Newb's lets add one or two more.

No Griffin sword before level 10 and no +4 Mino Hally til lvl 12 or can stand in the lair with a Mino, while it dies.

Kiri_____STEEL (this is my nick)
Last edited by Kiya138 on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

:zzz :sarc :hoho :D :) :( ;) :p
Last edited by max|pic on Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

. stupid drakkar wasnt working earlier andcouldnt post, guess all the posts got eventually posted..
Last edited by max|pic on Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

Sorry, Max,
Should have been Ls users, Stil users, etc. And should include and exclude all classes from pgear and weapons under level 18 if you are going to take from one class their class specific weapon.
now what i hate is since these newbs cant have mama rds atlvl 5 they have cob leathers at lvl 5, which i think if brad wants them to be allowed in nork and how they have become quite popular since the lvl requirement change he should give htem at least a lvl 15 requirement.
This i am in agreement with, Cob gear should have not level 15 req's but level 18, because thats what is required to get it is at least a Level 18 to get it. And I don't think a Level 5 anything needs Mama.

Kiri_____STEEL

Darge

Post by Darge »

Originally posted by Kiya138

BUT you want to take main weapon from Ment?
Kiri_____STEEL
So brad level reqed ment disks recently? or did you mistakenly think ments were a melee class? OR, is the +2 psi skill and disk cost reduction that insanely vital that you cant bear to wait one level more?

Originally posted by Kiya138

2. Those GAUNTLETS you think are so good, cannot touch at least 3 types of crits before N-4. The -3 Mummy King, the 3.5 Ghost, and the Skeltons with the 3.5 Mummy. OOPS, thats 4 kinds. All of these crits are parts of Drakkar story line and a few quests. Also am not sure, but i don't think they touch the 3.5 Mino, and gosh thats 5! That means that without Glowing, Silver weapons, new Ma's cannot complete the RB Sash Quest, The Mummy King Quest, or if they locate the 3.5 Mummy and his Skeletons, they have to run!! they cannot hit them, even if they are Skill 10. And since we're taking from Newb's lets add one or two more.

Kiri_____STEEL (this is my nick)
complain because you dont get it before level 16, gosh when did my gs pally first become able to kill crits that require silver? oh it was level 18. So what did i do when i needed something killed that required silver? why i skilled ma skill up and beat things to death that way
Last edited by Darge on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIN

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

Kiri, I don't care that you have a cool tag, you're acting spoilt now :sarc Leif for president!

Nemesis

Kiya138

Post by Kiya138 »

I don't think it's spoiled to take all lair items from all new crits, if they are being taken forom one or two classes. Also, if Ls users and Stil Users can still get these pgear weapons at level 17, then ment should also be able to have theirs at level 17. Point being, if one has to wait for an item, then all should wait, or none should.

Contributing to the hunt can also be helping a main healer, or casting IV on all players as ment.

Kiri_____STEEL

ps; also as MA types need either silver or glowing to hit certain small, under N-4 dungeon crits at all, including th e RB Ghost, RB Mummy, RB Skeletons, and glowing at least for the RB Mino, then no weapon user should have silver glowing anything before level 10.
Last edited by Kiya138 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.