Level - Requirements

If you have an idea post it here
Dinalap

Level - Requirements

Post by Dinalap »

Im not sure if it has been sugested, but to solve the problem of larger characters wanting to use Level-Requirement gear on there baby characters we could have an NPC in LGH, UGH, CH or CC to Un-Level-Require. Much like we have Pronos to unprone, and of course he would require the item to be tied to prevent players selling Un-Level required untied gear.

What are your thoughts ?

Tnem
Last edited by Dinalap on Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya138

Replying to Topic 'Level - Requirements'

Post by Kiya138 »

This sounds reasonable, but anyway to get it out of gh, ch, and cc? Some can't afford gh and aren't in ch or cc a this time.

Kiri_____STEEL

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

Getting one character to an extremely high level/skill should NOT give a player the ability to overpower his/her other characters.

If you've skilled up a mentalist, you have a powerful mentalist. You shouldn't have a huge advantage over every other healer out there, should you decide to make one. If you want a healer, build one like everybody else.

This is a role-playing game. Each character is separate, and one character's power should not roll over to a new, completely different, identity.

Dinalap

Post by Dinalap »

If each character is seperate, why do items tie to your account and not the character. Its so they can be shared across all slots.

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

There's a difference between giving a character something that any character at that level could get, should it be given to them, and giving a character a huge advantage by outfitting it with gear nobody, without their own high level character, could ever get until they reach such a level.

I apologize for not clarifying that in my first post.

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

It is the have your cake, and eat it too crowd. I started hearing about it on ien, then some after the switch to dz. Once most players were huge, even more started crying.

They don't want new players, decked out in the best gear. I agree with that.
But they want to be able to equip their newly rolled characters, with the best gear. Setting a fine example for the new players. :p

"I was a newb once, no need to struggle with my new characters." "But new players shouldn't be able to beg for gear, and get the best equipment, like I did, when I was a newb."

The above quote taken in context from most of those "criers". All rights reserved. Void in Garland, America.

Rygar

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Post by Andramelk »

Why the hell should larger players not have the option to gear up babys ? they worked hard the first time they should be able to slack off a bit more second time, my lvl 11 thief in lors scales laughs at you :|
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Doro

Post by Doro »

I suggest putting a level requirement on everything of worth.

A broad brush to start with:

All Cob gear - lvl 18 minimum.
All NL gear - lvl 25 minimum.

A finer brush when you have time.

Make your expectations clear for people entering each scenario:

You will be mentally challenged.
OR
You will die a lot.
OR
You will need to party to survive.
OR
etc.

Oh and put a restriction on ALL Nork UZIs (or none of them), missing one out makes a mockery of your intent.
ho

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

"Generous" level requirements should satisfy both crowds: big players who want to gear up their "babies", and players who do not want to see content trivialized because it detracts from the aura of earning and showing-off nice gear.

IMO, some of the level requirements are too large, while others are absurdly low (level 20 to use a BL ring? There must have been a zillion of these dupped and passed out to anyone for the asking.)

It might help Brad for people to post their opinions on major items and what a "generous" level requirement would be for them.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

Pipes87

Post by Pipes87 »

as far as newb gear goes...some of the restrictions are way way to high... i was trying to help my cousin out by getting him some sanquin scales...i killed the sanquin with his crit and used his crit to tan it only to find out he couldn't wear the scales because he was too small. i was just dumbstruck at the fact that sanquin scales were considered too good to allow a lvl 4ish crit to use. This is just one example of something i've found that just doesn't make any sense.
~Idun_____FATE

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

Originally posted by Andramelk

Why the hell should larger players not have the option to gear up babys ? they worked hard the first time they should be able to slack off a bit more second time, my lvl 11 thief in lors scales laughs at you :|

And I worked damn hard at work today. Why should I have to work hard in Drakkar, too?

You know what? I should get +250% skill gain if I pay for gold. I worked hard, and the +10%, among all the other bonuses I get for my hard work, just isn't good enough.

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

When i was around you could do that in a day easy.
You know what? I should get +250% skill gain if I pay for gold. I worked hard, and the +10%, among all the other bonuses I get for my hard work, just isn't good enough.
*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

That was never possible in Drakkar, Merlin.

You don't get +10% skill for purchasing a gold account. You get a 10% skill gain bonus(post-cap).

You might've been able to go up 250% in skill(2.5 levels), but Brad would never be dumb enough to add a 250% skill gain bonus(post-cap).

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

never possible eh? then what do you call paid training? Guess that makes brad dumb by your words... :p
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

You call paid training a post-cap skill gain bonus?

You just made me smile... at work. That's worth something. :)

EDIT: Bonus being something extra, something beyond the normal. Paid training is a normal part of the game for all account types.
Last edited by Balmxmoe on Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

bah misread your post, thought you were implying 250% skill gain, not 2 and a half skills handed to you -.- . But anyway, if people were rewarded in game for how hard they worked in real life then MMORPG's would be filled with maxxed crits who play an hour a day ;) .
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Balmxmoe

Post by Balmxmoe »

The point of the post was the show how rediculous it is to demand benefits in an unrelated character for your work in another area, especially when you all ready get so many bonuses.

If you've got a high level critter, you've got 10x the coining ability, much, much more good gear to slap onto your baby character when he's the right level, and big friends to help you get your DPs, should you die and get stripped. And that's just the beginning. There's no need to remove level restrictions so your baby characters can use your big characters' gear, and there's no need to get a skill gain bonus of 250% when you all ready get the 10% bonus AND all the other benefits that come from purchasing a gold account.

This reminds me of the title of a movie. "The world is not enough."

Vsari

Post by Vsari »

I dont think anything in Nork or Aleria should have a level requirement. Cob gear already had one since you had to be level 18 to even enter and having one for NL at around 25 which was said before. I dont see a problem with anyone getting good gear early in their careers ( lets face.. That is what this game is..a career ).

Besides I think if you worked your butt off to be able to twink your other baby crits.. Then more power to you. Want to help your newb friend out too? Fine by me. Doesnt affect me any and I doubt if it effects anyone else besides damaging their egos.

P.S. Yes I know this is a very old thread.