If you have an idea post it here
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Drakkar Conference Log

Post by flisk »

flisk: alright guys; here we go
(Moderator): brad is the new guest speaker.
flisk: Thank you all for turning out tonight!
flisk: If you have specific questions or suggestions please PM them to me instead of using the !my question is command
flisk: thanks! without further wait; brad, it's all yours!
brad: Thanks guys
brad: first of all, welcome, and let me run down the questions that were pre submitted in the forums
brad: this way we can get a lot of the required stuff off the table
brad: astra asks:
brad: How long till Nameless Land will be 'properly' released?
brad: I'm finishing the final encounter, then will be cleaning up some of the broken discs. Then i think i'll tag it for release, not sure what billing options will be available yet, as thats a coding issue
brad: estimated.. 1 or 2 months
brad: Where do you see Drakkar heading after you have finished nameless (new scenario, work on old etc)?
brad: I'd like to clean up some outstanding bugs personally, and have someone working on a new scenario for me
brad: also would like to add some small encounters to some of the early areas, and add some more fun things for people to do character development wise
brad: (I'll answer more specific questions on this as they are asked 'live' )
brad: Astra: Why do you think so many people have left the game recently?
brad: People play where they are having fun. People who dont have fun, leave if there is some place to have fun, to go to. Thats happened alot here ( and other rpgs ).
brad: I had a lot of development problems with NL, which frustrated high end players, and the lower end players got frustrated because I didnt spend any time on their issues.. Then, along comes a couple really fun online games, and bam.
brad: Astra: Are you going to do anything to try and draw them back?
brad: of course, but, when people are having fun somewhere, they tend to stay till they arent having fun anymore, so its a long slow process. We have gone through it 4 times in the 17+ year history of drakkar
brad: we will be looking to expand out character development some ( give more to do but skill and exp ), come up with some novel scenario ideas ( other than killing crits, etc )
brad: I think you may even get to see how evil flisk is, he has offered to expand out aleria some ( which needs to fun stuff put in )
brad: max asks: will you ever makt it where solo skill isnt alot less then group?
brad: wow, this is tough. People who like to solo dont like parties getting more, people who like to party dont like solos getting more
brad: physically, 2 people can kill faster than 1, so somehow gimping party play is just that, a gimp
brad: when drakkar came from iEN, people complained about partying, so i made it so up to 6 fight without penalty, maybe that was too much.. maybe it should be 2 or 3, but we can debate that some tonight ( or in the forums )
brad: ZZap: .. players killing too fast pre 30 in nameless ..
brad: Huge issue, my fault 100%, i made nameless for 30th+ exp gain, but failed to see the impact the party changes would have on pre 30 skill gain. I was going to have a level requirement, but didnt,so it all snowballed
brad: some great suggestions have come across regarding limiting skill gain pre 30, or just not giving the NL bonus, so cobrahn stays the rich character development ground it should be. I kind of like that. THe formulas needed for 30+ skill gain really blow
brad: away pre 30
brad: sharp asks: ( a couple things covered ), and "Why Mouse Pads"
brad: i love them, the are nice to have, fun to give away, and give you something to talk about. I had more fun with my mailing then all the ones ive sold
brad: also got a chance to show of fred rugar's skills as an artist
brad: max asks: ( cobrahn skill ), see above, i like cobrahn as the "character development" scenario where you learn to play your character in the tough encounters
brad: Freddie: Why have the chat pay only
brad: Thanks freddie, for pointing that out, we changed it
brad: beasticles: old FE phased out
brad: dont have any plans to. Honestly, if i could compile it, i'd still keep it updated, but its in watcom C, and i dont have the compiler
brad: I think thats all the presubmits
brad: Ready for your questions, and most importantly your cool ideas
flisk: k, Oldschool has some questions so I will give him the floor:
(Moderator): oldschool now has the floor.
oldschool: Q1 IS the mosoleum quest aka palidans quest active in nork. do you plan on expanding class specific quests as well.?
oldschool: do you want all my questions before answering the,?
brad: i love class specific quests, thats why I want to get more character development options in
flisk: no, give him a chance to answer the first one
brad: What you call the "mosoleum" quest, is a topic of legend, i'm not going to rehash it
brad: i guess i need to type GA
brad: haha
brad: GA
oldschool: q2 - have you thought about implementing a players reward program. monthly or yearly. Could be in the way of a Fate card taht gives a random possitive affect that you get once a month, qtr or year.
brad: thats what the gold hps plan , skill gain, etc. Been around for a while old school. Additional abilities for loyalty? I dunno, maybe for everyone (IE any subscription), but not really more for the other plans
oldschool: Q3- have you considered implimenting a Uber Quest per class to find a unique artifact type weapon that may span over all the modules persay.
brad: its a cool thing, pax did a bit of that, i dont know if id tie it to an item though, since items are grown out of. Something else like an ability, or character change/development may be more long lasting and rewarding
oldschool: q4- anychance that the old artifacts like broom, guardian ring, hole, one ring etc will find there way back into the game
flisk: Let's try to limit it to 2 questions each guys, so others can ask as well.
brad: broom: It crashes the game. haha
brad: ( piles get too big ), maybe though
brad: guardian ring: errrrr doesnt fit with new disc system, probably not
brad: hole: maybe in a diff encarnation, as a true container
flisk: FTL Chester has a question
(Moderator): FTLChester now has the floor.
FTLChester: my question is ... is there a change that Drakkar will ever be in some kinda 3D?
FTLChester: chance*
brad: Well, yes and no. I may license an engine to do it, and have someone do it, but i have an enormous conflict of interest with online gaming in general
brad: it would have to be a small operation like we have now, small tight community, couldnt do anything store shelf or major with it unless some things change
flisk: Wolverine2 has a question
(Moderator): Wolverine2 now has the floor.
Wolverine2: why not have all the classes be one class?
brad: Thats not drakkar, whole game system is based on classes, seperations, people working together. I have no problem with classless systems, or maybe a scenario where you all start as a single class, but the core of drakkar is a class based development syst
brad: i am thinking through a fun land grab/guild war scenario where I may start everyone as a unique class and have them develop as needed, but i dont see that translating into the game
flisk: xkhadafix has a question
(Moderator): xkhadafix now has the floor.
flisk: in case he is AFK he asks: what will be the hightest exp/skill ever?
brad: Probably nothing, as you can probably remember, drakkar never had a level cap till we found out it would break the system to go over about level 34 was it? haha. I like the open ended nature of a growing system. In the future, i'll limit scenarios based
brad: on level more, to prevent some problems i had with NL
flisk: kiri128 has a question
(Moderator): Kiri128 now has the floor.
Kiri128: is there any way to either re-locate peewee for muzi quest, either a portal there, or a new location. small psi users don't have the hp/ep to survive the run thru km2 as it is with no ep regen.since uzi is lvl restricted, it stalls out psi user progressio
brad: Hmm, i'm definetly interested in fixing any shortfall there, but wasnt aware there was a problem with location of the questor. Can we post this and get some player feedback? Thats a randy addition, and ive never seen a lack of muzis
flisk: WabbitMonster has a question
(Moderator): WabbitMonster now has the floor.
WabbitMonster: what about game nodes, i have been getting them quite a bit lately, i have to delete the drakkar.prm file at least 10 times a week, sometimes 4 times within 20 mins time when i switch crits.
brad: wabbit, what do you mean by a node? you get disconnected, or you crash?
WabbitMonster: ok, i am on one crit and change to another crit to pick up a item or pot when i go to the next crit the game closes and it will not start up till i delete that file and then have to reset all my prefrences again.
brad: yeah, thats a crash, you may be a good test case for me to get some info from, some installations have that problem
brad: If your running the latest drakkar.exe ( feb something, i forget ), next time that happens, would you mail me the drakkar.prm please?
brad: id like to find out what is corrupted
flisk: Bruin has a question
WabbitMonster: oh ok, anytime you need me just holler, and thanks this dz is q&a is great.
(Moderator): Bruin now has the floor.
Bruin: Im going to build your business
brad: well thank you
brad: GA ( smile )
Bruin: why land where guilds compete
Bruin: for teritorriy
Bruin: by getting rares
Bruin: what you have is good
flisk: Bruin please PM me with a formed question and we will try to add it in line
flisk: Nouse4aname has a question
(Moderator): nouse4aname now has the floor.
brad: um, okay. Tell ya what, the idea is still infant, i'd like to move it to the forums to discuss
nouse4aname: is there any way that there will be skill requires on weaponds instead of lvl require?
brad: hmm, i dont have a way to do it at the MOMENT, but ya know, i really like the idea nouse
brad: im not sure why it never occurred to me
flisk: A couple of the System questions asked:
flisk: (Zhouyu) Asks !My question is Will hits remain as expensive as before?
brad: Don't see why we would change that, its a definite aspect of the game that has endured for years
(Moderator): Zhouyu now has the floor.
Zhouyu: Will there ever be a PvP area?
brad: If there is enough demand for it, sure
flisk: unicornlady has a question
(Moderator): UnicornLady now has the floor.
flisk: if UL is afk here is the question:
flisk: (UnicornLady) Asks !my question is are you strengthening the creatures in cob and other places or lowering abilities .. seems to me that there are places i could go that now i cannot?
UnicornLady: it seems to me that some of the monsters have gotten stronger.. is this true
brad: havent changed a thing in cobrahn in ages
brad: literally, pax was right in the middle of something when he had to bow out, so not up to where i could change it
brad: ive made some brain fixes to questors, thats about it
UnicornLady: one last question.. why can you take nl into nork and not cob.
UnicornLady: cob into nork...
brad: Good question, Cob is very, very different, i cant even go into how different. Its a scenario from a different age
brad: items were designed on top of spaces used by other items in other scenarios
brad: Its always ( most likely ) going to stay seperated .
flisk: Crusher has a question
(Moderator): Crusher now has the floor.
Crusher: will cob be changed to compensate with nl or nl changed to compesate with cob? you said you might change nl for that
Crusher: Crusher: will it be possible to have a rollback system, where instead of rerolling, you reset your character and have a bonus on somethings
brad: I think the proper thing to do, is fix the problem with skill gain in NL, that applies all the post 30 bonuses across the board
Crusher: ack, sorry, hit enter while revising something
brad: I dont think NL should be used to bypass the learning process of cob, etc. no, i'm entertaining some good ideas there.
brad: Some will seem draconian, but then again, it was all inflated anyway
brad: on the second question.. isnt that what a reroll is?
Crusher: my last question was, will it be possible to have a rollback on level 70's where when you hit levle 70 there's aquest to start your character again but have some benefits
brad: hmm, well, im not sure i follow the whole idea, but if your talking about "uber classes", its a neat idea, and im open to suggestions on it
brad: IE get to 70, then "become" something else and start again, that you could only get at 70
brad: i think opening new abilities may be a better way though, or new lands only accessible to them, or restart in new lands only accessible to them, etc
flisk: Darge has a question
(Moderator): Darge now has the floor.
Darge: My question is are you planning on doing anything with cob to make it so that hardcore gamers find more of a use for it other than dion stats and the ep and hp docs, assuming said players dont go there simply to enjoy cob?
Darge: possibly a lvl req on nameless?
brad: darge, i think adjusting NL for pre 30 gain is the best solution
Darge: well on that same line
brad: cob is fun on its own, its just overshadowed by the easy gain in NL
Darge: what about a larger player who wishes to skill a secondary
brad: thats a good question, something i need ideas on
Darge: alright
Darge: and my 2nd
Darge: 2nd question, there is little in the way of class specific gear in nork, but a good portion more of it in cob, any plans to add more to nork, could help define the look of a class more if anything
Darge: seeing as nork has only 1 or 2 peices of class gear per
brad: hmmm, i dont object to it, it does kind of twist nork's flavor a bit
brad: if some great idea came up, id probably be for it
brad: as long as it didnt overshadow existing items
Darge: alright thx
flisk: fin has a question
(Moderator): Fin now has the floor.
Fin: are you gonna decrease the potency of some of the tiers when nameless goes live to balance the affect on other scenarios?
brad: well, i hate penalizing people for getting big, dont you?
brad: drakkar has always been a game where you can get big and just go wack something that used to kill you when you were small
brad: i prefer rethinking content for low ends so they dont compete with each other
flisk: Sirlancesteel has a question
Fin: Have you considered selling a full color book, like a strategy guide giving info on weaps and items
flisk: (sorry)
Fin: lol
brad: not really in the scale of drakkar fin, we are a small operation, books are for shelf space games
brad: We actually had a manual at one point. haha
brad: and a hint book in the works, but that was when we were part of a large company
Fin: I'll buy it, get on it, thanks
flisk: sirlancesteel has a question
(Moderator): SirlanceSTEEL now has the floor.
SirlanceSTEEL: Q - a Suggestion more then a question. What would the possibility of getting a group rate for Guild hall access be? IE, one crit at the 7.50 for upper, 2 crits at 10.00 for upper, and 15.00 for upper GH for a whole account.
brad: I have never really objected to that, but my billing system is VERY primitive. I'd have to do some combo thing where it was gold+this+that as one plan, remember the billing system was written in 3 weeks, because iEN told me they were shutting
brad: off their servers ( smile )
flisk: whifire has a question
(Moderator): whifire now has the floor.
whifire: are there going to be any megalairs anytime soon, im asking this becuase u said about points to get new discs and such
whifire: and that is the best way to do it i think
brad: megalairs could come at any time, we are due for a good one. I am not sure what the second question means
whifire: was part of the 1st, in ur journal u said osmething about new abilities
whifire: for points or something like that
brad: oooh
brad: oooh okay, yeah. I definetly like a quirk or event based "buy new abilities" type of thing
brad: i had some players email me some great per class stuff, need to dust that off
brad: made some code changes recently that makes that more possible
whifire: and 2nd question - have you ever thought about maybe making it where people can change the color of their like robes or such so not everyone looks the same
whifire: like instead of lich robe being red u can change it to what i would like, black =-p
brad: not really possible in the current graphics engine whifire, we would have to have had "reserved colors" from the start
flisk: whirly has a question
(Moderator): whirly now has the floor.
whirly: I know that you get skill bonuses and that for having ugh do you plan on doing anything else past 12 months gold?
flisk: whirly may be AFK but the question was similar to Whifire's are there future plans for mega lairs?
flisk: bah, you guys keep tricking me haha
whirly: lol
brad: I'm open for ideas, post em! It was just coded to be a reasonable limit
flisk: wynd has a question
(Moderator): Wynd now has the floor.
Wynd: How about replacing Merkon + attack ring, and similar rings in Mormar, with an amulet with same or similar stats, thanks. Also, MA claws dont work in Cob, unless that just my crit, whereas I think other classes are similarly nerfed?
Wynd: arent similarly nerfed in Cob, I meant.
brad: Um, not sure about "replacing items", but more amulets are good, i know its an underutilized slot
Wynd: P.S. Thanks for your time
Wynd: ok, mostly saying that ring isnt useful
brad: NL effects just arent programmed evenly among the non NL servers, i really wont be updating them till NL goes live
Wynd: and if you could change it to an amulet easily, would be useful
brad: its just too much of a pain, nothing is intentional
brad: okay wynd, i'll take a look at that, its similar to other suggestions
flisk: Necron99 is afk but asks: Lately there has been a lot of discussion concerning lack of community. Have you considered "live" conferences where the players could gather and celebrate (for instance) new scenario releases etc?..
(Moderator): Necron99 now has the floor.
brad: if by live you mean in person? I'm not sure the community is large enough for that yet. We used to have them at mpgn, and would get a max of 10 or 20 people out of several thousand active players
flisk: (Digitor) Asks !my question is How about a Portal Thing. Everyone time 1 person Goes into a Lair or Area, It is created so that its Only there for THEM, Depending on there level the diffucultie is changed, IF in a party You Would make it a average.
brad: drakkar really doesnt have a concept of "instancing", there is nothing programmed for it. I've mulled it over a bit recently though, thanks
flisk: Pieterpost has a question
(Moderator): PieterPost now has the floor.
PieterPost: I'd like to know how it's possible that some major and long since known issues with NL, especially in reference to the huge skill and xp gains, have taken so long to acknowledge, let alone fix
brad: um, "how is it possible", well, i guess cause im human and make mistakes? haha.
PieterPost: secondly, I'd like to know what you see happening to more or less obsolete discs, such as elance, cure disease and stone to flesh
brad: Well, dont plan on doing anything with old versions of discs, thats just part of the leveling process ( who uses MEND after all ), but cure disease and stone to flesh can always be used for new scenarios
brad: we havent done a lot of stoning and diseasing however, for no other reason than it didnt brim up as an idea
flisk: atrimble2001 has a question
(Moderator): atrimble2001 now has the floor.
atrimble2001: Will Drakkar ever go 32 bit? Seeing as how the jump to 24 bit was made and most people use it. I think there would definitly be a demand for it.
brad: nah, it doesnt buy you much visually, i'm hardly taking advantage of the 24 bit palette anyway
atrimble2001: 2nd question: Will voice support ever be added to the lobby?
brad: there are too many public domain ( good ones ) voice servers to put that in. There are some REAL nice ones out there with free hosting
flisk: cyclone has a question
atrimble2001: Thank you for your time.
(Moderator): cyclone now has the floor.
flisk: RSKER has a question
cyclone: my question is atm when someone recieves/removes a guild tag they either have to rename the file or reset the macro is there a way to prevent this from happening other than not gettint the tag
brad: not currently, no cyclone, its an old system of file naming i havent revisited.
(Moderator): RSKER now has the floor.
RSKER: How about powerwording more discs for healers at high skill levels, prots would be especially handy
brad: well, wouldnt really be powerwording, but group or "all friendly" versions are neat. I dont object to those, will definetly see more of them
RSKER: Following up on your response to Crushers idea, perhaps allow post 70 char's mix and match IE healer can learn ment or pally discs etc
brad: okay
RSKER: Following up on your response to Crushers idea, perhaps allow post 70 char's mix and match IE healer can learn ment or pally discs etc
brad: 10 goto 10
brad: ( smile ) sorry
brad: most likely need to open a chat topic on that, tough to hash out here
flisk: papabear has a question
(Moderator): Papabear now has the floor.
Papabear: was it you on soyer last week and why were you pking and do i get a prize for stopping you <EG>
brad: no but mama and baby bear wanna know where their soup is
brad: ( smile )
flisk: bullhead71ss has a question
(Moderator): bullhead71ss now has the floor.
bullhead71ss: 1st question is have you ever thought about bring alt3 back and if so what are those thoughts?
brad: no need for it, not enough demand in alt2
bullhead71ss: 2nd question is drak now fully sp2 compatible? or are there still problems?
brad: i run sp2 on everything, havent had any problems
brad: i know sp2 is firewall tricky, just make sure you dont tell it to keep blocking the first time the box pops up
bullhead71ss: ok cause i remember when it first came out there were problems
bullhead71ss: ty
flisk: stormie has a question
(Moderator): Stormie now has the floor.
Stormie: will there ever be a time that you will split an account for like husbands and wives that share the account
brad: split how?
brad: husbands and wives can actually share accounts now
Stormie: like transfer one crit to another account
brad: there may be such a day, but its not trivial, drakkar is old school, embeds a lot of account information into the actual character
brad: not really something i can do right now
flisk: pepma has a question
(Moderator): pepma now has the floor.
pepma: As it currently is NL lich (the grey one), is currentlye easier then merkon, and drops better robes, Will the risk versus reward ever ben fixed or adjusted on the robes?
brad: hmm
brad: let me think about that
pepma: Also, Will Majorpool ever be adjusted so that post 50 hits are used by it?
flisk: tirith has a question
flisk: tricked me again
brad: all the old focus, chi, etc, are like old discipliens of mentalist and healers, they taper off with effectiveness, replaced by better things and concepts. So no
(Moderator): tirith now has the floor.
tirith: An idea brought up in forums before, have HP regen amulets, similar to uzi for ep regen so sticks have an amulet worth wearing, your thoughts?
brad: ya know, i asked people about that, and they didnt think HP regen would be worth it
brad: i'd like to come up with some good amulets though for tanks
flisk: stench has a question
(Moderator): stench now has the floor.
stench: i have a question (have you ever thought of making persay places to gamble for coin without persay the effects of fate kinda an alternate to coining all the time or perhalps games within the game like spear toss for specials item, or skill games such as s
stench: word arena with just basic weapons
brad: if i got the impression there was a good demand for it, but we had it in briefly in the past, and it wasnt real popular
brad: ( the gambling aspect )
brad: im all for additional ways to improve the character other than skilling/exping though
flisk: slannesh has a question
(Moderator): Slannesh now has the floor.
Slannesh: my question is more of an idea... Once you do the Majorin quest, there is no need to ever return there. Seems like unused space. What if you implemented a monthly change to the reward, either stat pat, or a special one time gear item.
Slannesh: Gives players a questable area outside lvl/skilling with something worthi it in the end.
brad: okay, thanks
flisk: Digitor has a question
(Moderator): Digitor now has the floor.
Digitor: Brad, When will Cob start to being Fixed , Eg Adding new items. Ect, To make it better than it is. NL people can come wack it down. but whats the point.
Digitor: I play This game For Fun, But Hardly anymore is it fun.. new things need to be put in..when can we exepect them
Digitor: Besides NL
brad: im not sure anything is "broken" about cobrahn, its a 10 + year old scenario that people have advanced through, and has had a lot of areas added to it, if you have specific ideas of what youd like to see there,
brad: post them.
flisk: a couple of generic questions:
Digitor: Fixed as in
Digitor: make it better
flisk: !my question is are you planning on fixxing the PM to not pop-up as the active screen? There has been many of times when I want to get pm's but don't like the pop-up.
(Moderator): now has the floor.
brad: i didnt write the chat room, so i cant say that would be something i could do quickly, but i have the same problem ( smile )
brad: i think if i get some time on it, sure
flisk: !my question is Will there ever be any kind of PVP in the game. Maybe a whole senario people could goto to fight each other?
brad: as i said earlier, if there is demand for it, sure. Its a resource issue. I think there are better areas to put development time into
flisk: Q - a Suggestion more then a question. What would the possibility of getting a group rate for Guild hall access be? IE, one crit at the 7.50 for upper, 2 crits at 10.00 for upper, and 15.00 for upper GH for a whole account.
brad: we answered that
brad: whose questions are these ( smile )
flisk: !My question is Will there ever be shirts, underwear, posters, or whatever for Drak classes? What about F/M mousepads?
flisk: sorry, i'm not having much of a time to look at the questions themselves; just dodging PMs heh
brad: if we can justify the expense, sure. F/M mousepads, probably not in the near future, the artwork is expensive
flisk: !my q is will the cob pass seller ever be fixed
brad: Can i get more detail on what is meant by that?
flisk: not at this time, PM whoever asked that, we will squeeze you in
flisk: xkungfumasterx has a question
(Moderator): xkungfumasterx now has the floor.
xkungfumasterx: ! my question is : hey brad have u tohught about moveing nl portal to cob an have it lvl req?
brad: yeah, i may do that for NEW subscribers, dont want to do it for old ones
brad: people who paid already, thats not fair
flisk: jimbob has a question
(Moderator): Jimbob now has the floor.
Jimbob: Is it at all possible that we might see a more user friendly Fe with possible brightness settings?
brad: always looking to improve the FE, so will always be improvements there. Not sure what you mean by brightness, thats on the monitor
flisk: blondie79 has a question
Jimbob: well
(Moderator): blondie79 now has the floor.
blondie79: a question/suggestion: Would it be possible to implement something/someplace where we could test out damage rather than it being on other players ?
brad: no way! Come on guys! haha the mystery and experimentation is drakkar!
brad: armor value, weapon damage, where is the fun in some statistical read out ( smile )
flisk: gah
blondie79: Will there ever be better places in NL to coin so high end players dont have to rush to cob to coin?
brad: definetly blondie
flisk: guys, PM me your questions again, my power flickered and I got disconnected
blondie79: ty
cyclone: in response to teh cob pass seller
cyclone: when someoen hits 18 they get cob but cant buy the pass to cob
cyclone: !my question is cob pass seller if a lvl 18 gets to cob and gets eaten dropping him/her to lvl 17 they cant buy a pass to get back to cob but you cant buy a pass once you hit 18
cyclone: will that be fixed
brad: sec, the pass seller IN cobrahn?
cyclone: yup<NOTE:Text above this was truncated to conserve memory>
mile )
flisk: Bruin please PM me with a formed question and we will try to add it in line
brad: um, okay. Tell ya what, the idea is still infant, i'd like to move it to the forums to discuss
nouse4aname: is there any way that there will be skill requires on weaponds instead of lvl require?
brad: hmm, i dont have a way to do it at the MOMENT, but ya know, i really like the idea nouse
brad: Don't see why we would change that, its a definite aspect of the game that has endured for years
flisk: (UnicornLady) Asks !my question is are you strengthening the creatures in cob and other places or lowering abilities .. seems to me that there are places i could go that now i cannot?
UnicornLady: it seems to me that some of the monsters have gotten stronger.. is this true
brad: literally, pax was right in the middle of something when he had to bow out, so not up to where i could change it
brad: Good question, Cob is very, very different, i cant even go into how different. Its a scenario from a different age
brad: items were designed on top of spaces used by other items in other scenarios
Crusher: will cob be changed to compensate with nl or nl changed to compesate with cob? you said you might change nl for that
Crusher: Crusher: will it be possible to have a rollback system, where instead of rerolling, you reset your character and have a bonus on somethings
brad: I think the proper thing to do, is fix the problem with skill gain in NL, that applies all the post 30 bonuses across the board
brad: I dont think NL should be used to bypass the learning process of cob, etc. no, i'm entertaining some good ideas there.
Crusher: my last question was, will it be possible to have a rollback on level 70's where when you hit levle 70 there's aquest to start your character again but have some benefits
brad: hmm, well, im not sure i follow the whole idea, but if your talking about "uber classes", its a neat idea, and im open to suggestions on it
brad: IE get to 70, then "become" something else and start again, that you could only get at 70
brad: i think opening new abilities may be a better way though, or new lands only accessible to them, or restart in new lands only accessible to them, etc
Darge: My question is are you planning on doing anything with cob to make it so that hardcore gamers find more of a use for it other than dion stats and the ep and hp docs, assuming said players dont go there simply to enjoy cob?
Darge: 2nd question, there is little in the way of class specific gear in nork, but a good portion more of it in cob, any plans to add more to nork, could help define the look of a class more if anything
Fin: are you gonna decrease the potency of some of the tiers when nameless goes live to balance the affect on other scenarios?
brad: drakkar has always been a game where you can get big and just go wack something that used to kill you when you were small
brad: i prefer rethinking content for low ends so they dont compete with each other
Fin: Have you considered selling a full color book, like a strategy guide giving info on weaps and items
brad: not really in the scale of drakkar fin, we are a small operation, books are for shelf space games
brad: and a hint book in the works, but that was when we were part of a large company
SirlanceSTEEL: Q - a Suggestion more then a question. What would the possibility of getting a group rate for Guild hall access be? IE, one crit at the 7.50 for upper, 2 crits at 10.00 for upper, and 15.00 for upper GH for a whole account.
brad: I have never really objected to that, but my billing system is VERY primitive. I'd have to do some combo thing where it was gold+this+that as one plan, remember the billing system was written in 3 weeks, because iEN told me they were shutting
whifire: are there going to be any megalairs anytime soon, im asking this becuase u said about points to get new discs and such
brad: megalairs could come at any time, we are due for a good one. I am not sure what the second question means
whifire: was part of the 1st, in ur journal u said osmething about new abilities
whifire: for points or something like that
brad: oooh
brad: oooh okay, yeah. I definetly like a quirk or event based "buy new abilities" type of thing
brad: i had some players email me some great per class stuff, need to dust that off
brad: made some code changes recently that makes that more possible
whifire: and 2nd question - have you ever thought about maybe making it where people can change the color of their like robes or such so not everyone looks the same
whifire: like instead of lich robe being red u can change it to what i would like, black =-p
brad: not really possible in the current graphics engine whifire, we would have to have had "reserved colors" from the start
whirly: I know that you get skill bonuses and that for having ugh do you plan on doing anything else past 12 months gold?
flisk: whirly may be AFK but the question was similar to Whifire's are there future plans for mega lairs?
flisk: bah, you guys keep tricking me haha
whirly: lol
brad: I'm open for ideas, post em! It was just coded to be a reasonable limit
flisk: wynd has a question
(Moderator): Wynd now has the floor.
Wynd: How about replacing Merkon + attack ring, and similar rings in Mormar, with an amulet with same or similar stats, thanks. Also, MA claws dont work in Cob, unless that just my crit, whereas I think other classes are similarly nerfed?
Wynd: arent similarly nerfed in Cob, I meant.
brad: Um, not sure about "replacing items", but more amulets are good, i know its an underutilized slot
Wynd: P.S. Thanks for your time
Wynd: ok, mostly saying that ring isnt useful
brad: NL effects just arent programmed evenly among the non NL servers, i really wont be updating them till NL goes live
Wynd: and if you could change it to an amulet easily, would be useful
brad: its just too much of a pain, nothing is intentional
brad: okay wynd, i'll take a look at that, its similar to other suggestions
flisk: Necron99 is afk but asks: Lately there has been a lot of discussion concerning lack of community. Have you considered "live" conferences where the players could gather and celebrate (for instance) new scenario releases etc?..
(Moderator): Necron99 now has the floor.
brad: if by live you mean in person? I'm not sure the community is large enough for that yet. We used to have them at mpgn, and would get a max of 10 or 20 people out of several thousand active players
flisk: (Digitor) Asks !my question is How about a Portal Thing. Everyone time 1 person Goes into a Lair or Area, It is created so that its Only there for THEM, Depending on there level the diffucultie is changed, IF in a party You Would make it a average.
brad: drakkar really doesnt have a concept of "instancing", there is nothing programmed for it. I've mulled it over a bit recently though, thanks
flisk: Pieterpost has a question
(Moderator): PieterPost now has the floor.
PieterPost: I'd like to know how it's possible that some major and long since known issues with NL, especially in reference to the huge skill and xp gains, have taken so long to acknowledge, let alone fix
brad: um, "how is it possible", well, i guess cause im human and make mistakes? haha.
PieterPost: secondly, I'd like to know what you see happening to more or less obsolete discs, such as elance, cure disease and stone to flesh
brad: Well, dont plan on doing anything with old versions of discs, thats just part of the leveling process ( who uses MEND after all ), but cure disease and stone to flesh can always be used for new scenarios
brad: we havent done a lot of stoning and diseasing however, for no other reason than it didnt brim up as an idea
flisk: atrimble2001 has a question
(Moderator): atrimble2001 now has the floor.
atrimble2001: Will Drakkar ever go 32 bit? Seeing as how the jump to 24 bit was made and most people use it. I think there would definitly be a demand for it.
brad: nah, it doesnt buy you much visually, i'm hardly taking advantage of the 24 bit palette anyway
atrimble2001: 2nd question: Will voice support ever be added to the lobby?
brad: there are too many public domain ( good ones ) voice servers to put that in. There are some REAL nice ones out there with free hosting
atrimble2001: Thank you for your time.
cyclone: my question is atm when someone recieves/removes a guild tag they either have to rename the file or reset the macro is there a way to prevent this from happening other than not gettint the tag
brad: not currently, no cyclone, its an old system of file naming i havent revisited.
(Moderator): RSKER now has the floor.
RSKER: How about powerwording more discs for healers at high skill levels, prots would be especially handy
brad: well, wouldnt really be powerwording, but group or "all friendly" versions are neat. I dont object to those, will definetly see more of them
brad: okay
brad: 10 goto 10
brad: ( smile ) sorry
brad: most likely need to open a chat topic on that, tough to hash out here
flisk: papabear has a question
(Moderator): Papabear now has the floor.
Papabear: was it you on soyer last week and why were you pking and do i get a prize for stopping you <EG>
brad: no but mama and baby bear wanna know where their soup is
brad: ( smile )
flisk: bullhead71ss has a question
(Moderator): bullhead71ss now has the floor.
bullhead71ss: 1st question is have you ever thought about bring alt3 back and if so what are those thoughts?
brad: no need for it, not enough demand in alt2
bullhead71ss: 2nd question is drak now fully sp2 compatible? or are there still problems?
brad: i run sp2 on everything, havent had any problems
brad: i know sp2 is firewall tricky, just make sure you dont tell it to keep blocking the first time the box pops up
bullhead71ss: ok cause i remember when it first came out there were problems
bullhead71ss: ty
flisk: stormie has a question
(Moderator): Stormie now has the floor.
Stormie: will there ever be a time that you will split an account for like husbands and wives that share the account
brad: split how?
brad: husbands and wives can actually share accounts now
Stormie: like transfer one crit to another account
brad: there may be such a day, but its not trivial, drakkar is old school, embeds a lot of account information into the actual character
brad: not really something i can do right now
flisk: pepma has a question
(Moderator): pepma now has the floor.
pepma: As it currently is NL lich (the grey one), is currentlye easier then merkon, and drops better robes, Will the risk versus reward ever ben fixed or adjusted on the robes?
brad: let me think about that
pepma: Also, Will Majorpool ever be adjusted so that post 50 hits are used by it?
flisk: tricked me again
brad: all the old focus, chi, etc, are like old discipliens of mentalist and healers, they taper off with effectiveness, replaced by better things and concepts. So no
(Moderator): tirith now has the floor.
tirith: An idea brought up in forums before, have HP regen amulets, similar to uzi for ep regen so sticks have an amulet worth wearing, your thoughts?
brad: ya know, i asked people about that, and they didnt think HP regen would be worth it
brad: i'd like to come up with some good amulets though for tanks
flisk: stench has a question
(Moderator): stench now has the floor.
stench: i have a question (have you ever thought of making persay places to gamble for coin without persay the effects of fate kinda an alternate to coining all the time or perhalps games within the game like spear toss for specials item, or skill games such as s
stench: word arena with just basic weapons
brad: if i got the impression there was a good demand for it, but we had it in briefly in the past, and it wasnt real popular
brad: ( the gambling aspect )
brad: im all for additional ways to improve the character other than skilling/exping though
Slannesh: my question is more of an idea... Once you do the Majorin quest, there is no need to ever return there. Seems like unused space. What if you implemented a monthly change to the reward, either stat pat, or a special one time gear item.
Slannesh: Gives players a questable area outside lvl/skilling with something worthi it in the end.
brad: okay, thanks
flisk: Digitor has a question
(Moderator): Digitor now has the floor.
Digitor: Brad, When will Cob start to being Fixed , Eg Adding new items. Ect, To make it better than it is. NL people can come wack it down. but whats the point.
Digitor: I play This game For Fun, But Hardly anymore is it fun.. new things need to be put in..when can we exepect them
Digitor: Besides NL
brad: im not sure anything is "broken" about cobrahn, its a 10 + year old scenario that people have advanced through, and has had a lot of areas added to it, if you have specific ideas of what youd like to see there,
brad: post them.
flisk: a couple of generic questions:
Digitor: Fixed as in
Digitor: make it better
flisk: !my question is are you planning on fixxing the PM to not pop-up as the active screen? There has been many of times when I want to get pm's but don't like the pop-up.
brad: i didnt write the chat room, so i cant say that would be something i could do quickly, but i have the same problem ( smile )
brad: i think if i get some time on it, sure
flisk: !my question is Will there ever be any kind of PVP in the game. Maybe a whole senario people could goto to fight each other?
brad: as i said earlier, if there is demand for it, sure. Its a resource issue. I think there are better areas to put development time into
flisk: Q - a Suggestion more then a question. What would the possibility of getting a group rate for Guild hall access be? IE, one crit at the 7.50 for upper, 2 crits at 10.00 for upper, and 15.00 for upper GH for a whole account.
brad: we answered that
brad: whose questions are these ( smile )
flisk: !My question is Will there ever be shirts, underwear, posters, or whatever for Drak classes? What about F/M mousepads?
flisk: sorry, i'm not having much of a time to look at the questions themselves; just dodging PMs heh
brad: if we can justify the expense, sure. F/M mousepads, probably not in the near future, the artwork is expensive
flisk: !my q is will the cob pass seller ever be fixed
brad: Can i get more detail on what is meant by that?
flisk: not at this time, PM whoever asked that, we will squeeze you in
flisk: xkungfumasterx has a question
(Moderator): xkungfumasterx now has the floor.
xkungfumasterx: ! my question is : hey brad have u tohught about moveing nl portal to cob an have it lvl req?
brad: yeah, i may do that for NEW subscribers, dont want to do it for old ones
brad: people who paid already, thats not fair
flisk: jimbob has a question
(Moderator): Jimbob now has the floor.
Jimbob: Is it at all possible that we might see a more user friendly Fe with possible brightness settings?
brad: always looking to improve the FE, so will always be improvements there. Not sure what you mean by brightness, thats on the monitor
flisk: blondie79 has a question
Jimbob: well
(Moderator): blondie79 now has the floor.
blondie79: a question/suggestion: Would it be possible to implement something/someplace where we could test out damage rather than it being on other players ?
brad: no way! Come on guys! haha the mystery and experimentation is drakkar!
brad: armor value, weapon damage, where is the fun in some statistical read out ( smile )
flisk: gah
blondie79: Will there ever be better places in NL to coin so high end players dont have to rush to cob to coin?
brad: definetly blondie
flisk: guys, PM me your questions again, my power flickered and I got disconnected
blondie79: ty
cyclone: in response to teh cob pass seller
cyclone: when someoen hits 18 they get cob but cant buy the pass to cob
cyclone: !my question is cob pass seller if a lvl 18 gets to cob and gets eaten dropping him/her to lvl 17 they cant buy a pass to get back to cob but you cant buy a pass once you hit 18
cyclone: will that be fixed
brad: sec, the pass seller IN cobrahn?
cyclone: yup
brad: i'll have to think up something on that, its a good issue though, thanks
cyclone: i mean the guy doesnt make sense
cyclone: have to be 18 to get to cob but hes located in cob
Slannesh: My question is, you can sit down in timmy for a few hours and get a dozen str rocks, but can spend weeks in desert and never see a brass ring...is the lack of brass rings intentional? I hear alot of people complain about this
brad: I can't speak to "intentional", but i know some pieces were designed to be rarer than others ( i actually didnt work on that quest ). Its a domino effect any changes you make there. Rarety versus availability.
flisk: (PENGUINSareNEAT) Asks !my question is, y is it sometimes when i log into the game if i dont move my crit right away it kicks me off back into the lobby
brad: will need to get more feedback there, i dont experience it, can they email help with machine details?
flisk: (crazymonkeyman2) Asks !is there any way that there will be a new area for new players
brad: um, everything is a new area for new players
flisk: wabbitmonster has a question
brad: if youare asking if there will be new areas, sure yes there wil be
(Moderator): WabbitMonster now has the floor.
WabbitMonster: i have another question. about maybe having a .bmp file that can be downloaded to fit as wallpaper like the artwork on the mousepads but would like to have a wallpaper that is sized correctly to fit the size i use for the game.
brad: im not really talented in that area, but if someone wants to volunteer to submit something, im all for it
flisk: jimbo33 has a question
(Moderator): Jimbo33 now has the floor.
Jimbo33: My question is, by chance are we going to see more power wepons in the future? Mabie a hally for barbs and a staff for healers ect.
Jimbo33: or is there a reason for just 4
brad: not from the original storyline, no. But perhaps the players excursions into the laboratory they were developed in could trigger new weapons
flisk: (crazymonkeyman2) Asks ! ok well is there any chance that there will be a new area that free player can exprience out side of nork with out paying
brad: very little chance, no. I need to concentrate on supporters of the game
flisk: nijal has a question
(Moderator): nijal now has the floor.
nijal: Q- Are limitted wishes still a possibility when fating. if they are not any chance of re emplimenting it?
nijal: Fating being a drastic good or bad change to your char can we open a forum of other possible results when fating?
brad: they have been removed, most likely wont be back in.
brad: if someone has fresh ideas on what to do when fating, post em, i'll look into them
flisk: (bertster) Asks !my question macro icons for chi/foci?
brad: you mean pictures for them? Yeah the old pictures are a very limited subset, i am waiting till i get a real big list to bug my artist about. Hes been busy on another mmrpg so his contract work time is limited
flisk: crazymonkeyman2 has a question
(Moderator): crazymonkeyman2 now has the floor.
crazymonkeyman2: !after being a long time player i have found out to get things you have to be big but why was there such a big urge to get llvl reguirements on things
crazymonkeyman2: ! such as the weapins and gear
brad: for the longest time, the drakkar community cultivated newer players carefully , but young players were coming in, going to places, and never learning the game. THis creates a frustrated high level character with little or no knowledge of how to play
brad: their character.
brad: The level requirements puts everyone back into where they can learn the game AS they are growing
flisk: (shadowspawn) Asks !My question is "brad: havent changed a thing in cobrahn in ages" The Darkness added to the jungle,Upper Keep, SW caves, is all new to me in last 6 months. UD crits are much tuffer. UD 3.5 Zoo has changed. Why was all this done?
brad: im not sure what the "darkness added to the jungle" is, but no, havent changed anything with cobrahn ( as i stated earlier )
brad: if someone wants to email me on that maybe thats a terrain bug
flisk: killbuss has a question
(Moderator): KILLERBUZZ now has the floor.
KILLERBUZZ: ! if your crit sex/race is changed by fating will there be away to change crit back (that
brad: Well, if there was, it couldnt be too easy to do, could it? I think thats a special effect of fating
brad: however if someone were to post something creative, who knows
flisk: bullseye has a question
(Moderator): Bullseye now has the floor.
Bullseye: Question #1
Bullseye: Is it possible any longer, or is there ever going to be a return of the web based "web scry" we used to have that showed players, size, health, score, and world server?
brad: ive gotten really mixed feedback on that bullseye, so i havent pursued it very hard.
brad: I guess if there is truely a unified desire for it, sure
Bullseye: Question #2
Bullseye: Do you still plan to fix the titan bone weapons so they can glow by adding a quest in Mormar ?
brad: thats 2 questions. Yes to the first
brad: not sure i'm going to say how though ( smile )
Bullseye: thank you
flisk: (bertster) Asks !my question tiers get icons at same time as chi/foci? Also, does this require coding changes or could the drak community help with the graphics?
brad: Nah, no code changes that i can think of, yes community could help
brad: i may post the buttons page, and we could make a left to right top to bottom list people could submit
flisk: (SirExellciuse) Asks ! I just have a quick sugestion... we should be able to be in two channels at once... like if you were on your guilds channel you could also be in lobby... but they would be seperated by color or something?
brad: hmmmm
brad: not possible coding wise at the moment, but i dont object to it
flisk: lee has a question
(Moderator): Lee now has the floor.
Lee: would it be possible to have hosted events other than the seasonal ones, perhaps on a monthly basis?
brad: its developmentally a lot of manpower lee, there is actually an event for every month, just not all of them are worth turning on
brad: anymore ( or event work ). Yes, we want more sysop events, and we want more rewards they can give out
brad: ( hence my topic of new character development things )
flisk: darge has a question
Darge: You mentioned earlier that old foci/chi are being phased out
Darge: so
Darge: will new paladin attacks be added other than the currently 1 existing paladin attack teir
Darge: or will sheilds and barriers remain primary?
brad: Did i say phased out? i meant to infer more of "replaced"
brad: and yes, hey, post some ideas on that one
whirly: can there be something impletmented into the game to tell the difference between guildhall zaps and regular zaps you find and also yps so you don't get them confused if you dp
brad: welllll
brad: i dunno, potion management is part of the game
brad: now.. if they are PURCHASED ones, im all for it
brad: but found ones.. thats different
whirly: cause currently they all have the same description when you click on them
flisk: emart71 has a question
(Moderator): emart71 now has the floor.
emart71: back to NL if u all make these changes to NL requirments, will u be rolling back gains we have already gotten if we're under lvl
brad: nope
flisk: lokitakey has a question
(Moderator): Lokitiakey now has the floor.
Lokitiakey: you stated earlier
Lokitiakey: there where no changes to cobrian
Lokitiakey: when in fact darkness was added to skeleton leaders, and ud3.5 outer ring was changed
Lokitiakey: ud5 was over heavily beefed up
Lokitiakey: those are not changes?
brad: lok, unless those changes are an indirect effect of a coding bug fixed, they arent anything intentional, i just dont mess with cobrahn
brad: in the course of writing nameless, ive fixed some bugs which caused things not to get stuff they were supposed to get, so perhaps it affected something over there
brad: but as i said, i havent made any scenario changes
Lokitiakey: then who did it
Lokitiakey: because there are obvious serious changes
brad: any chances you are experiencing are most likely an effect of something that was bugged, and fixed because of a change elsewhere then
flisk: zero has a question
flisk: test
UnicornLady: sorry asked a few dont know what each waas..
UnicornLady: go ahead now.
(Moderator): flisk is now the moderator.
flisk: (nijal) Asks !my question is: is it possible to empliment duel weapon fighting
brad: no comment ( smile )
flisk: (crazymonkeyman2) Asks ! is there really a slith pot that randomly gives a plus 1 tro any stat
brad: If there was, you would need to talk to the community about that, we dont give out game stats like that
brad: thanks guys, we are taking it non formal
brad: its been great
flisk: k, guys, we are about to drop the Formal chat and open it up to total chaos
brad: appreciate your patience, and i hope this format worked for everyone<NOTE:Text above this was truncated to conserve memory>
mile )
b

Crusher

Replying to Topic 'Drakkar Conference Log'

Post by Crusher »

System: To queue a question, start your entry with an ! (single exclamation mark), the moderator will contact you.
(Moderator): Channel is no longer formal.
Crusher: PAx did the cob changes
flisk: and there ya go!
Darge: yeah
UnicornLady: <~ needs more locker space for shoes and i think we need to do this more often....
brad: woo hoo
Lokitiakey: no they wherent changes it was bugged hahahha what a joke
WabbitMonster: how bout once a month dz chat
whifire: brad, will we ever beable to use the websites to look at who is in the alts again
SirExellciuse: back to lobby gonna all still talk here?
Crusher: will there be a locker for all crits on an accnt
UnicornLady: well then... chase that creature down.
Darge: yes definetely need to do this more often brad
pepma: brad said he didn't work on cob, if you paid attention lokitiakey you'd know
Crusher: changes to the ugh need to be done
SirExellciuse: YES
Crusher: selling 25k 3birds
stench: i think you did a fantastic job and are following it well ty for you time
pepma: read the forums sometime, they explain all about the ud3.5 changes, as skeleton leader changes
brad: thanks guys, this really seemed to work more than the chaos
Darge: viva la drakkar
SirExellciuse: we should be able to hit like ctrl _ to change from a hex weapon with range
SiLeNcEdSoUl: im still want to know what GA ment
flisk: from YOUR end brad haha
pepma: go ahead
Crusher: lol
Hommiem: hey, if brad or flisk is on...is their any way to temporaily post these q's and a's on drak website or soemthing?
SirRichard: brad when are you going to take personal checks to pay for accounts
Crusher: flisk got like 90 questions from me
Crusher: :P
WabbitMonster: and i want to thank everyone for their questions they were great too very informative.
UnicornLady: go ahead.. = ga
Brenem: heh
flisk: we will Hom, I need to format them first
wildone6975: GA= Go Again
Bashem: hello all
brad: sirrichard, its tough, costs me $10.00 on a bounced $5.00 check
Crusher: ill post the unedited version
flisk: thanks crusher that will work
SiLeNcEdSoUl: lol that was one of the Queastons i sent to motoertor
WabbitMonster: stop bouncing checks brad.
Hommiem: but your planning to then
Crusher: gonna have my game open till brad leaves
brad: well, if i can find a way where *I* dont get charged for bounced checks, sure
Crusher: and everyone stop talking
whifire: brad, about the seeing who is in what alt?
whifire: will that ever come back
whifire: and seeing what everyones score is
Bashem: i have a question, i was told this is whare you whare you could shoot ideas off to brad is that true?
Brenem: yes
nijal: vericheck brad they debit direvctly from peopels acct
Crusher: yes, started 2 hours ago
Slannesh: brad, about my question/idea about majorin, would it be possible or is it hard coded and not possible?
Crusher: ended 3 mins ago
brad: nijal , for $2.00 a transaction
SirRichard: if they charge you for bounced checks instead of the person who wrote them you need to change banks oh well
brad: slannesh, all nork is hard coded, so thats not an excuse. haha just not easy
WabbitMonster: heck do like i do just go out and get a prepaid creadit card.
brad: sirrichard, banks charge both
nijal: I have a terminal i could make you a great deal on that doesnt charge you *wink
brad: i didn tknow you didnt know that ( smile )
pepma: oh yeah, brad do you just dislike Martial artists?
brandanpad: :::recommends Brad take a one week trip to Hawaii for a much needed vacation ::: :)
Slannesh: maybe make a npc that starts a new quest after original one is complete?
flisk: and take me too?
brad: trashing MAs = randys idea
Tootall78: I think there should be a "Jimney Cricket" quest/enchantment for lets say entry to lair or scenerio...where a large player becomes a transparent helper to a lvl 1-10 player to help them understand the game better or something like that..and use a security
WabbitMonster: cost me 5 bucks to put 100 on a prepay credit card then can just use it for drak till i have to put more money on it.
Darge: randys spirit lives on in brad
pepma: but you still use that idea?
Tootall78: guards punch clock for the timer..
Darge: hey flisk
DameonReaper: how do you know if there are any quests?
DameonReaper: is there a list or something?
DameonReaper: Test?
flisk: Here is a little sneak of what I'm planning for Aleria, I want to put in place some areas where fighting will not be the main goal
Darge: when will we see a new News article
Tootall78: and only the "charge" of mr cricket can punch the time..
DameonReaper: dang computer
brad: brad do you just hate {any_class_not_mine} or what?
freddie: Brad can you somehow punish tigger2 for not being here? I was looking forward to picking on her
UnicornLady: a place to relax without a rd sneeking up on you flisk??
Darge: everyone knows brad hates merchants jeez
pepma: i killed her earlier for you freddie
Tootall78: maybe..help with all the decention going on among guilds and players..??
WabbitMonster: yeah where was tigger?
flisk: instead you will need to interact with the NPCs and have class specific quests; and possibly race specific quests
pepma: i made sure she died
Darge: race specific quests~
Darge: uber
Zhouyu: Ooo! Spiffy!Race specific?
SirRichard: hey i cant pay so give me my dwarven smithmage lol
Crusher: Will there ever be a megalair named after me
stench: sounds great flisk
blondie79: lol
Zhouyu: Now THAT would be awesome. When will we get a dwarven short sword? ;)
Darge: they yell racist remarks at me enough, i might as well get somethin out of me
WabbitMonster: race specific? so you get 3 or 4 crits and the first to complete it wins the race?
Brenem: ohh, and I want more mt locations per server
flisk: for example, for an underground dweller you may have to visit the town deep within the mountain to locate your quest
Zhouyu: Crush, you want people to try and kill you?
Zhouyu: ...OK!
PieterPost: i'd love to see you try zhou
pepma: what if you do your race quest, and fate to a different race?
Darge: youll never touch him zhou
gasthrax: well.. before i go i gotta get my word in (make a pk arena if you cant make an alt 3!)
Darge: so where is this sneak peak flisk?
flisk: i just said it haha
WabbitMonster: he is saying it darge..
Darge: bah
flisk: "sneak read"
UnicornLady: yeah an arena would be nice..
WabbitMonster: flisk: for example, for an underground dweller you may have to visit the town deep within the mountain to locate your quest
Darge: visuals are more helpful
UnicornLady: sneek you peekin?? :O
Darge: i mena, crusher is a barb
Darge: hes illiterate
Crusher: what?
gasthrax: drakkar is about the only online game that doesnt have any pvp allowed in it, would be a nice addition imo
Zhouyu: How about give underground dwellers some lore to go along with their race, and then have the quest based on that
pepma: arena is hard.. because ments would need to be nerfed, or put in some way to resist their tiers
UnicornLady: urm... ive seen plenty of pvp killing where ya been.
flisk: yes, lore to the classes and races I'd love to delve into
Zhouyu: IE "Jurjal's tunic" would be an armor item for UGDs based on some kind of story
gasthrax: dont be seen <G>
Zhouyu: About Jurjal
gasthrax: or kill invis
DameonReaper: yeah people were killing in the casino
WabbitMonster: if they put in a PVP please put it somewhere you have to go into it like a building or something and you know thats what your getting into not just sitting in sf and pow your dead
SiLeNcEdSoUl: Brad wait up
SiLeNcEdSoUl: Will there ever be a channel on here were we can all talk in person or a few?
pepma: i killed a sysop in jail earlier
Zhouyu: Ooo! I forgot to ask if people will get to get exp from casino again...
SiLeNcEdSoUl: like through mikes?
tirith: dont nerf the ments
UnicornLady: lmao pepma
pepma: he said no silenced. there is enough free programs that allow that
UnicornLady: well the healers are nerfed.. why not the ments.
brad: even free servers
SirRichard: here is good quest have to get specific items to combine to create various weapon either new or old so individuals can "create" weapons rather than have to group to get
pepma: not really nerf them, but if you are gonna have a type of PVP, put in a way to resist their tiers
WabbitMonster: just do like i do to use voice go to yahoo and then go into the Kingdom of Drakkar online chat room in the games section
pepma: afterall, attacks can be blocked/absorbed / stuff
WabbitMonster: we use voice in there.
UnicornLady: omg what does a wabbit monsters sound like:O
stench: i personally like surprizes exspesially challenging ones
Darge: heh
WabbitMonster: come listen to me unicorn i am there now with grimone
Darge: if we have pvp, nerf the ma's first
UnicornLady: i dont have yahoo..
gasthrax: well id nothing better accomplished by a pvp arena, you would see less "pk sprees"
crazymonkeyman2: i pile of doggy poo thats wat a wabbitmonster sounds like
gasthrax: if*
WabbitMonster: then download it its free
WabbitMonster: <G>
DameonReaper: I was there....it was quiet
UnicornLady: omg... why MAs?
WabbitMonster: you didnt have ears dameon
pepma: what you mean nerf the MA's
DameonReaper: I did?
brako: who's crit name is ust?
DameonReaper: I have ears or did I just didn't use the voice
Darge: so they dont fricking hit you 12 times -.-
pepma: its only 7...
gasthrax: haste
WabbitMonster: oh well grim and i was talking discussing the stuff being said in the dz
Darge: meh, thinking rb'
pepma: and you can block it... :(
Slannesh: <attack pepma> pepma dodges your attack. repeat this 1000000 times...
Darge: either way, i dont wanna feel your dragon strike pepma
pepma: but i want you too
Darge: lol
WabbitMonster: lol
whirly: I like the thought of maybe a random stat given out every month past 12 months gold
WabbitMonster: yeah that would be kool whirly
stench: well as i said ty for your time gave me some idea of future possabilities and bugs that are to be worked on HH and gl all
WabbitMonster: but i gotta wait another 5 months maybe it will be implimented by then.
gasthrax: drakkar hasnt been known to just "give" anything
UnicornLady: aww noone whats to play with pepma:(....<i will> <veg>
whirly: I'm trying to come up with ideas for things past 12 months gold instead of just having the skill bonus
Darge: id play with you pep
Darge: if i was more sure you couldnt hit through my parry >.>
whirly: Pepma I'll come play with you
WabbitMonster: yeah that would be kool log into your game and poof you now feel pretty is in the scroll, and your chrisma is now a 20
pepma: come to jil darge
Darge: lol, alright, one sec
UnicornLady: are you in jail?
WabbitMonster: but i would see it as only a random stat to 1 slot crit
Darge: lemme put every concievable thing i have that gives me good adds on
pepma: odd, logged in and had a blue fullplate, did i get that when i killed tigger?
Darge: prolly
WabbitMonster: wtg pep.
Kiri128: and ya can't even use it<G>
UnicornLady: naw think you get strips from killing tigger..
flisk: if you want to see a copy of the Conference Chat Log visit:
flisk: http://kingdomofdrakkar.com/newforums/v ... php?t=5260
UnicornLady: stripes...
Darge: omw pep
Gr8Juggalo: Sweet
Gr8Juggalo: I lost me comp for a min and lost allll the chat
schweaty2: Dude!
Gr8Juggalo: ty for copying flisk
Gr8Juggalo: sup schweaty...?
schweaty2: What does my tatoo say?
Gr8Juggalo: sweet
Gr8Juggalo: what does mine say..?
schweaty2: Dude!
DeathSlicer: lol
Gr8Juggalo: No what does mine say....?
schweaty2: *Waits for two people to start the scary move version.*
schweaty2: DUDE!
Gr8Juggalo: LMAO
schweaty2: What does mine say!
Gr8Juggalo: SWEET!
UnicornLady: brad ... still think a unicorn lair.. where you get good things .. not killed would be grand...
Darge: wewt
Darge: armor block
Gr8Juggalo: I knew you wouldn't miss this
schweaty2: Ray....
pepma: lol i woulda had you CC'd :(
Darge: i didnt restore
Darge: im on blackhawks hex
pepma: well where are ya
pepma: did i take you up there?
Darge: put the leif down!
UnicornLady: you dont know?
gasthrax: lol.
Darge: well
Darge: you hit me 3 times
Darge: first hit one shotted :/
pepma: and you died to the first one
Darge: other 2 tenderized me
UnicornLady: brad............. once a month .. is really not too often... .. for a group chat like this.. that is.
Darge: i wonder if i can hit you tho pep
pepma: let me reset defense
UnicornLady: darge bbq this weekend.. tender :D
Darge: :P
Darge: uh oh
Darge: bandit lord in jils hut hehe
UnicornLady: rd bbq.. to be announced soon... arg.. hate rd..
Darge: w00t
Darge: im uber
UnicornLady: :|
pepma: yay
Darge: wow
Darge: i hit you with max
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

May I request a summary?

Thank you.
Mihey__PHNX

Doro

Summary from someone who couldn't attend.

Post by Doro »

NL to be released in 1 or 2 months.
Then bug fixes, new Alerian content.
New scenario.
New content (other than exp and skill) and mid ranged player stuffs.
Folks leaving due to frustrations (that's life, it happens).
Skill gains in NL to change (nerfed).
Brad is still looking for "cool ideas"
Maus quest . . no comment.
Class specific quests
True 3D game? No plans.
Can we move Peewee? No plans.
Skill limit on some items? No plans.
Change cost of hits? No plans.
PvP Drak? No plans. Guild wars of some sort - maybe.
Cob crits changed lately? No.
Cob gear to Nork/NL? No.
Restarting lvl 70 crits with uber benefits? Open to suggestions - No plans.
Secondary skill gains for large players? Open to suggestions - No plans.
Mega lairs to give new abilities - maybe.
3rd alt of Nork? No.
Ammies to be added for sticks.
Damage dummy to be put in? No.
Coining area to be put in place in NL.

Bottom line is that Brad is willing to consider anything (if there is enough demand).

Just how you go about putting your ideas is your choice, how it is judged "high demand" is anyone's guess.
ho

WabbitMonster

Post by WabbitMonster »

Got a couple of Game Suggestions: 1. When doing dions in cob. I see that i get Several "Your pressing your luck" or "Nothing" Happens. Now as i know these are part of the dions but how about adding a couple of more Disc. from ments and healers to the pots. Like temp. lim invis., temp agil, temp ice prot, temp fire prots. things like that to the dions. 2. Suggestion for larger lairs. I know there is some lairs that have a 6 to 8 hour regin. how about taking a lair that has a 8 hour regin and make it random of half. One time its a full 8 hours and next time it maybe 4 hours and it regins. Or 6 Hours. but never less than half of the total length of the regin. But a random so no one actually knows how long before the regin. :D

-edited color, blue on blue too hard to read.