Drakkar Conference 05/20/05

If you have an idea post it here
flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Drakkar Conference 05/20/05

Post by flisk »

As some of you know there is a Drakkar Conference scheduled for 05/20/05 (friday) at 9:00 PM Eastern.
It will be held in channel 4. (all are invited, but paying customers will receive priority on their questions)

Brad has set it up so that spam will be non-existant.
As a result there will be some formalities if you desire to ask a question.
You are free to attend but in order to place a question into the Queue you need to ask it in this format:

!my question is:

Then I will review the questions and give the person asking the floor for brad to answer.

Basically it will go like this:

Everyone will enter channel 4; Brad will be the Guest Speaker, I (flisk) will be the moderator.

Player A uses the !My question is command.
Player B uses the !My question is command.
Player C uses the !My question is command.

I will then activate my command to allow Player A to have the floor:

Player A now has the floor:

Player A - how many doors are in Nork Proper

Brad - (whatever the answer is)

Once there is a satisfied round of Q & A then I will activate my command to allow Player B to have the floor:

Player B now has the floor:

Player B - are there UFO's in the game anywhere?

Once there is a satisfied round of Q & A then I will activate my command to allow Player C to have the floor:

Player C now has the floor:

Player C - Brad do you wear bunny slippers?

Etc.

You guys are free to ask as many questions as you wish any time you wish, but they will only be recognized and placed into the Queue if you do the:

!My question is

command.

To make this go smoother if you have questions you would like to ask feel free to pre-submit some questions by posting them here and I'll organize them so we can start firing them off to brad from the very beginning.

Also keep in mind that this is also a means for you guys to not only ask questions, but also toss in suggestions for what you would like to see added/changed/etc.

thanks!
Last edited by flisk on Fri May 20, 2005 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astra

Replying to Topic 'Drakkar Conference 05/20/05'

Post by Astra »

Questions for brad

How long till Nameless Land will be 'properly' released?

Where do you see Drakkar heading after you have finished nameless (new scenario, work on old etc)?

Why do you think so many people have left the game recently?

Are you going to do anything to try and draw them back?

Astra__RIP

ps: i shall be waiting for the transcript, depending on what i see depends whether i stay, downgrade my account or cancel it...
Last edited by Astra on Thu May 19, 2005 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

ditto

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

will you ever makt it where solo skill isnt alot less then group?
a person if given right class and right gear can solo exp just as fast as a person in group can exp, so why not make skill so people can solo?

Zzap

Post by Zzap »

Well, when people can get from noob to skill 30 in a few months what is there for the advanced player? Why bother to kill anything whatsoever in Nork or Cob when you can just leech in NL? Brad, you've created a location that doesn't need cash because you don't need to train or collect coin. It doesn't need skill, tactics or knowledge. Now you can move from puddle to puddle and do 10% an hour at high levels without the need to do anything at all; much more skill at lower levels. I hope you've made enough cash from NL to make it worth your while. Just a hint: You have now made all the old players obsolete. What took them years to achieve can be duplicated in months. You've created an environment for leechs and spongers with no talent whatsoever. The days of the players we look up to are over. Everyone is a God!
Last edited by Zzap on Fri May 20, 2005 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boramier

Post by Boramier »

:hoho :zzz

Sharp

Post by Sharp »

I am with Zzap with this question too. Why did you make it so easy for people to make it to 70/30. pre DZ days we had to work to get big. very few were big. I'm sure Blackjack is still around 50/30 and he earned his place there. I've heard that you can make 50/30 in 3 months compared to the players who have played in classic which took them 10+ years to get there.

1. Why did you make it so easy to get big?
2. Why do ments get bigger, faster with regular skill then when they did with psi books/scrolls? Which you said made then more overbalanced then without them.
3. *Just to rant* Why mouse pads?

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

are you ever going to make cob a useful senerio to skill in again?
i remember when people hunted pillars and upper
now u will see afew lvl 18-22 or 23s there
everyone gos and skills in nl and only thing cob is really used for now is to coin, and some people, like myself dont even do that.

Freddie

Post by Freddie »

I have held back posting up till this point but....

How do you expect to find out why all the players have quit recently, or long ago if you exclude them from the conference? Isn't this one of the main reasons that your holding it in the first place?

Maybe I'm wrong and you have no intent to find this out from players who were loyal subscribers to every senario, with multiple accounts to this game for so many years.

Freddie__JIHAD

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

Originally posted by Freddie

I have held back posting up till this point but....

How do you expect to find out why all the players have quit recently, or long ago if you exclude them from the conference? Isn't this one of the main reasons that your holding it in the first place?

Maybe I'm wrong and you have no intent to find this out from players who were loyal subscribers to every senario, with multiple accounts to this game for so many years.

Freddie__JIHAD
As my post stated:
"a seperate conference "may" be scheduled for free players at a later date if such a thing is requested"

Any player is welcome to attend the conference, any player is free to ask a question in this post and have it asked during the conference.

Freddie

Post by Freddie »

Yes I read your post where a free conference "May be scheduled" it MAY not be also.

The point I was trying to make is by having the conference Friday only for the pay players will exclude the voices that he is most likely trying to get his answers from. I know it's not the only point of having the conference, but this was announced in light of all the "I quit." posts.

Posting questions here Isn't the same as being at the conference. It's hard to watch what other players are asking during it, seeing the reply from Brad and coming up with questions off that if you aren't allowed to be there.

Either way good luck with it. I just think you will miss alot of the input he is seeking by excluding the masses that are gone now and not allowed to attend.

Freddie__JIHAD

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

Fred and Zzap for joint presidentship.

Nemesis

Esper

Post by Esper »

I agree with Freddie.

What is the point of making it so that only pay players may attend the conference? There are non-pay people who may have more knowledge of the game than paying players.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I had it on channel 10 to avoid spammers, but since we have the formal conference
commands in now, it doesnt matter.

I've moved it to channel 4, everyone is welcome to attend.

I'll have a brief section at the first where i fire off answers to questions and ideas that have been posted, so we can get more questions in than usual. Also we will have flisk alternate between questions and posting of user ideas for comment.

Brad

Tigger

Post by Tigger »

My question is....will Flisk call on me so I c an ask questions <EG>?

Beasticles

Post by Beasticles »

Well as most know I am not one to use or post to the board alot, however in this case I thought I might interject a thought or two. Realizing I represent a minority in that I dont happen to have NL access and do not prefer a party over solo play, most of the issues raised have little concern for me. Not having Nl I have nevered switched to the new FE and I am wondering if there we become a time when it is phased out completely? Some of us with old eyes still have issues with the current contrast levels present in the graphics of the new FE. In reply to the Nl growth and size questions posted I am left to ponder since when did "size matter" so much that it has become everyones focus. I personally am here because I enjoy the game and the people I meet here, maybe I am spoiled cause I dont party as much as others, and can still remember that patience is a virtue

LordChaos

Post by LordChaos »

I cannot see what all the fuss is about, with all the peeps who go from lvl 0-30 in no time. If you open your eyes and look...it is the bigger guys that are making it possible. They are the ones who thought it was a good idea to start process of leeching by allowing lower guild members do it with them who in turn did it with their friends, etc... Now that they started the process, they are angry at which direction it has taken. Well, I for one, cannot feel sorry or angry for anybody in the game. People have made choices and mistakes. Now we feel the results. I am one player who spends most of my time hunting alone, but I do occasionally ask if I may leech exp in Dornar when friends of mine are burning. I will not lie. I will tell you this. The lvl 0-30 players did not make it over night without doing the same and the ones who are complaining are the ones to blame. "Nuff Said"

Zzap

Post by Zzap »

Ahh LordChaos, nobody is having a go at the players who use the system to get big quickly. You are missing both the point and the direction of the posts. I fully intend to make use of the system to get my crits up too. Getting to level 30 isn't the problem.

When I first did Papa Lich it took 6 of us and we had a death. I can now do him solo in 30 seconds. People aren't learning or experiencing Nork and Cob because there is no need. Get big and walk in to Nork and just stomp any crit you want. So what then? It is impossible for Brad to arrange a new scenareo every 6 months because people are bored with slaughtering both alts of Nork in an hour, when they have every single bit of gear they desire. How do you keep a community going if they're all bored to Hell?

The posts are directed at the person who made it possible to get to the top of this game in 6 months. Once you have everything and have done everything what is left? You're right. Get all your slots up to max. 18 months - 4 slots are top rate. Ahhhh Brad hasn't got another land ready. Now what?

It isn't the players who are the problem here. If it isn't a bug use it!!! I can't see any bugs but I can see a disaster looming.

Stretch78

Post by Stretch78 »

Like Beasticals, I have older eyes. The new FE is too dark for me also. For me, it's quite difficult to even see some items right there in front of you. The treehouse's ladder in Aleria is next to impossible for me to see it. Doors in dingy dungeon walls are as if they were invisable. I have attempted to adjust my monitor and video cards color and contrast to lighten it up. It didn't work. So far that's the only complaint I have thus far.

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

What would it take for you to pull the plug on drak? Financial situation where drak loses you money? Less than 50 people in game at any time? Just wondering.

Nemesis

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

What an incredibly morbid question. haha

LordChaos

Post by LordChaos »

I love playing Drak and will continue to play as long as I can. If there is only 50 or less at any given time, I will still be playing until I no longer have an interest in the game. I am sure that those who have left over this last year came to this point and decided to go in search of something new and/or different. The purpose of games like Drak is to bring people together not only to enjoy the game, but to provide a place for people to get to know each other and for friendships to grow. I sit and read the chats that are going on in channel 0 sometimes more than I play, even if I don't interact in those chats. I don't think there is any imminent danger of Drak going offline any time soon. I think people should just kick back and enjoy the game and each other's company. Afterall, that is the reason we all began playing online games. It would be great if we could make this our focus rather than raising question or pointing fingers. Drak is great and most of the people I have met or known are as well.

Maybe I am just rambling or maybe I am going out on a limb. Please humor me or ignore me. Afterall, I am just an old man....(thinks he will go play now.)