An idea about 1 person being every class

If you have an idea post it here
Wolverine2

An idea about 1 person being every class

Post by Wolverine2 »

Dear everyone,
Why not have all the classes be 1 huge gigantic class?it would decrease the stress of picking what you want,i have played RS and it has all the classes linked,why not have KOD like that so everyone can be 1 huge thing and then the only difference would be armor hp lvl and skill,it would be fun to try it,plz brad if alot of people say yes can you look into it in your spare time?:sarc

Mars
Admin
Admin

Replying to Topic 'An idea about 1 person being every class'

Post by Mars »

Personally, I can not see the point of combining classes any more than is already done. Part of the playing is picking a class which you can excel with

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

Besides, then you'd have people deflecting and using focii and chis, then zerking up and all that kind of stuff.

It really just wouldn't work. Besides, like Mars said, that's Drakkar. You really can't play Drakkar and have what you say, because it wouldn't be Drakkar anymore.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

and the fact brad will never do it becuase of having to throw all the old coding out hte window and redo everything

oh yea, and a lvl doesnt matter with pally disc, ment discs, fm discs, barb discs, healer discs, ma discs, thief discs.

umm, can someone say ownage =-p
Last edited by max|pic on Sun May 15, 2005 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

go back to rune scape then
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Gasthrax

Post by Gasthrax »

Yeah, thats one of the things i that made runescape "suck" imo. Theres almost no difference between the thousands of players, in drakkar you get to be certain classes.. same with many other good games.. i think its runescape that needs the change, not drakkar.:p
<-Blackhawk->

Migam

Post by Migam »

Posted by Darge
go back to rune scape then
Couldn't agree more.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

To my experience, single classes are much better than multi-classes. Because a player will get bored when he gets done with multi-class; a single-class player will also want to try other classes, doubling, tripling, multipling the time he stays.

As long as each class is unique in itself...

Mentalist, healer, paladin, barbarian, thief - they all seem unique, but at the higher end you do not really depend on other classes; and they do not differ that much, either.

Target, kill, target, kill. Or use area attack enough times, then pick off. The playing style is mostly the same, even thief's style does not differ much.

It all ends up in the routine. So... how about rebalancing all classes, so that each would be really unique in its playing style?
Mihey__PHNX

Wolverine2

Re: An idea about 1 person being every class

Post by Wolverine2 »

Everyone denied me on this a few years ago. Now look at what WoW did. It created 1 class to combine 3 different styles of fighting. It transformed the game and still millions of dollars are just being handed to them... Someone say psychic on my part: )

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

and the answer doesn't change

Wolverine2

Post by Wolverine2 »

IK just stating why I said it. Lol I never expected it for Drakkar after so many years.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Wolverine2 wrote:Everyone denied me on this a few years ago. Now look at what WoW did. It created 1 class to combine 3 different styles of fighting. It transformed the game and still millions of dollars are just being handed to them... Someone say psychic on my part: )
The idea isn't unique and your statement wasn't prophetic; just general. I can predict this world will end some day... I See All !!

Others before in Drakkar have asked for a super multi-class player that could do it all, did you think no one else suggested this in any other game? How much brain power does it take to desire that one player could do it all? MT, pick locks, hide, block/attack like a ghod, heal, blah blah blah. You'd only need 1 slot per account then and only need others for larger lairs. A Guild of Superpersons.

Maybe WoW just caves to player demands more cause they're more spineless and greedy.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder