SS in nork

If you have an idea post it here
teknuT

SS in nork

Post by teknuT »

There's a lair for every weapon in Nork Besides a Short Sword.
yet,When you first roll a crit, you start out with skill 3 in it.

Please add a lair, for ShortSword if possible.
its only fair. ^______^
Got Sin ?

Dragonslayer

Replying to Topic 'SS in nork'

Post by Dragonslayer »

On a side note, i think only city dwellers get 3ss skill, the other dwellers get other starting skills.
But yeah, ss, bow and in a lesser way is very underrepresented in nork.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

very unlikely brad will ever add a ss lair =-p

teknuT

Post by teknuT »

there are still NO GOOD ss's in Nork.
they even got good bows (km5/erodian).
only good one is Queen servants... but Nem wont give it up -_-..
Got Sin ?

Migam

Post by Migam »

Lack of a decent SS for my thief has been a sore point for me as well. I use the BLSS or even the +3 untied trash NL SS as the best available (no, I don't even consider the poison SS). Switched to axe as a result (which has no killer version :| ).

I'll recheck damage results but as BLSS has def adds, enchanting will lead to just more defense. And I can't see myself getting that trash NL SS enchanted. I don't see myself going e/e for that certain NL SS that doesn't seem to drop when I've been there.

I always wondered if there was an undiscovered SS lair as every other weap class has a better-than-average weap available. Btw, that KM5 xbow doesn't even come close to champ xbow which may be class-restricted but hits hard and prones like mad.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

there is light ss =-p but good luck finding

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

yes light ss is hard to find, i tested mine when i found, decent dmg, more of a novelty item like most other alerian rares, although im sure the +1 attack is slightly handy for an ma or someone skilling a one handed weapon, like barbs holding grr hally in off hand while skillin ls in cob is, its nothing too great. Def hally def gs and pally gaunts all stack up to their norken counterparts tho, even gaunts hit well, they actually block and do more dmg than improved vamps on my pally with skill 14 ma
as a side note, i was told mega ss hit like merkon ss by someone who possessed it for a bit, of course no e/e restiriction
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Shortyz

'SS in nork'

Post by Shortyz »

Dagger/Throw is best for Thief or do what i do for my thief

MinoGuards Raxe +4, glowing, proning, returning, silver Axe/Throwing

Some theifs i know use that weapon alot and enchant it to +9 plus it is better then KM ne way (Just cause MG raxe is glowing and KM isnt)

KuPo

Post by KuPo »

he doesn't want an ss for his thief ; ]

teknuT

Post by teknuT »

yeah.. thieves dont need ss.. daggers hit harder.
even tho ss's block better... thieves are never seen ( most of the time )
Got Sin ?

Migam

Post by Migam »

If there is no good non-Cob SS, of course dagger hits harder over SS. That's like comparing wardens to BLSS (I'm not saying you are btw). This thief likes SS and I switched from dagger to SS as I've always heard what a hard hitter the improva SS was (didn't know about "blue dagger" then). I will test damage again. I do hit harder with forged SS over forged dagger. And hiding difference between dagger and SS not such an issue for me as I also BS with forged/KM axe and hide well with all 3. I went to axe as my best choice for a hard hitter that doesn't impede my hide as much as the bigger, harder-hitting weap due to lack of decent non-Cob SS. Your choice, my choice. We don't all have the option to carry big blue.. if I had it, I'd stick to dagger as well.

I have wardens, obs, Kaxx+7, n8 gnoll daggers, forged dagger.
I have BLSS, Alerian poison, NL +3 trash, forged SS.
Enough to be able to test if I can find a crit type with big hps and consistent AC, etc . Thumpers aren't it.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
---Pathfinder

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

eh, there is a good nork SS, its just required lv 55.

My thief had 2 light SSes... they barely hit harder than a floor trash SS. It was the difference of 1 notch on a n5 berzerker at skill 11, hehe.

And as far as dagger goes, BAH! to that. SS for the win. +10 agil should more than make up for SS being slightly bigger.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

They could probably use the unused Dop lair for a new SS lair.

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

While it'd be nice if there was a really good SS, or a SS lair, what would be the point, if it hit about as hard a LS (smaller, can't hit as hard), of wielding a SS over a dagger or LS?

LS's and GS's are supposed to be the sword of nobility (IE F/Ms, pallies, barbs), while daggers are the swords of the roguish kind (thieves). Now, correct me if I'm wrong in those, please.

Also: Each race starts out with a different weap skill: Woodland and Forest dwellers have mace, City dwellers have SS, Mountains have bow, Underground have dagger, and Outcasts have staves.

Anywho! SS's would be nice, but I would think it wouldn't be very realistic to have them be more useful than daggers or LS's.

Edit: Oh, and a famous Barb of nobility would be Sigurd, who wielded Gram, a longsword. There're some pretty intersting stories about him, you should look him up.
Last edited by ZhouYu on Sun May 08, 2005 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

in actual life, not drakkar a shortsword gives u the ability to move faster and it doesnt weigh as much as a longsword but still has ability to kill
thats basicly what killer ss does, doesnt hit as hard butgives u the stats

a person being able to skill ss for when they get 55 is really the main point of this post,
going e\e isnt really what most people want to do, and even that they have to wait till lvl 25
people want a shortsword so they can skill with and do decent damage with basicly

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

Originally posted by max|pic

in actual life, not drakkar a shortsword gives u the ability to move faster and it doesnt weigh as much as a longsword but still has ability to kill
True, but how would that be represented? Extra attacks? Well, then you'd have to give dagger users a larger bonus to attacks, since theirs is even lighter. It would turn into a whole big "balancing of the weapons" which would leave everybody miserable.

I propose that shortswords, being swords (thus they are looked upon more kindly by the gods of Drakkar than daggers, which are hidden and what have you) and being smaller than longswords (thus they don't hold as much defect as being as physical as longswords), should have a greater potential to hold psionics. This is not represented by being able to enchant them better or being able to imbue them, but there should be many shortswords with effects, like the lightning hammer or Excally.

Just a thought on how to make SS's useful.
Last edited by ZhouYu on Mon May 09, 2005 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

or brad can just make apower weapon ss and everyone be happy =-p
hit about like a slicer ls

Migam

Post by Migam »

:|

For thieves, the balance in daggers is hiding better for less hitting power. Tha balance in hally is hitting harder with less hide-ability. I'm not not speaking just the high-end, talking the class in general... I'm sure that cool dagger hits super-hard. But I bet there is no low-visibility hally.. and there shouldn't be.

All I ever wanted was for a mid-range non-Cob SS. BLSS is like most of the special found Alerians weaps; def adds. Not looking for high-end to make every thief go SS. Just something practical to help skill up in places other than Cob. With Wardens dagger available to whoever has coin, anyone can go dagger thief and have high-end. I may go hally when skill high enough just for the heck of it. ;)
---Pathfinder

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

BL SS is a cheap piece of crap, use a storebought.