List of ideas

If you have an idea post it here
Enigma

List of ideas

Post by Enigma »

1. You should get better skill for fighting a place for so long like a barb fighting in cob who is about 18/15 can only get about 8% skill after 6 hours.

2. The races should have more differentiation because mostly only one race is used.(city dweller) although it is based on a persons own decision. there really shouldn't be such a god character. also like they should have there own abilites like shouldn't a mountain dweller be able not knock down walls? or a cave dweller be able use a secret path because he knows the caves so well?

3.There should be more classes. there is only 5 main classes paladin and fighter ment are really just upgrades. But just for the sake of it we will say there is 7 classes.

4.Get more sound effects. although you can zone it out by muting the sounds for it you might be trying to listen for a special thing. like if an ally of yours dies.

5. A map.. on the screen that is like in the corner or something.

6. Give the guilds more powers like the power to start a guild war because most of the things a guild can do so can a group of friends without tags can do i mean to have a guild you must pay now...

7. Mentalist and other spell casters get too old too quick using good spells which doesn't make sense cuz you can be a barb for 3 years and be extremly young while being a ment for a year and you can be ancient

8.Change attack icons. if your fist they should show a fist not a dagger of some sort.

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Replying to Topic 'List of ideas'

Post by Andramelk »

heh, people get ancient in hours, no need for a map, people have made those
theres enough spells my guess is you just havnt experienced all of them
pking in drakkar has unfair advantages, and is pointless, so a guild war would suck
skilling is easy at the moment, it shouldnt be any easier, maybe put some effort into the game ?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

art1

Post by art1 »

Donate Brad 1 million dollars(US only), and most of those on that list will get implemented one way or another.
http://www.geocities.com/zandofkod
Link got removed from mainpage due to complaints. Check it out!

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

1) not a terrible idea, however not really necessary, skilling is already easy enough

2) city dweller isnt by any means a "god" character, its not even a "good" character. Only reason people use it is they are too lazy to max another characters stats. Infact only noobs generally use them, more experienced characters fate to a different race or roll different races.

3) theres ONLY 7 classes, and you ONLY have 4 character slots, so you can only make just over half the possible character types on one account. Why would we need more classes. It is hard enough to balance the classes that there are.

4) more sound effects actually could be cool, but i think 95% of the veteran players play with all the sound turned off anyhow.

5) Why? Its not hard to memorize the run to places you need to go, and there are already a plethora of pre-made maps available. The map is not really expansive enough to require a map to show you how many leagues you are away from your destination, pretty much everywhere in the game is within 500 paces of anywhere else you are.

6) pking is retarded, and your right guilds really cant do anything extra, but you also dont have to pay anything extra to be in a guild. Guilds are about friendship and pride and accomplishment and whatnot, they arent about organized pissing contests <most of the time>

7) age is there for a reason, and it is easily enough remedied. Once you get access to certain lower-mid leveled areas of the game, you can easily go back to young. And as far as barbs aging, i have to disagree, my barb has gone from young - ancient in a few hours before. Dying is stressful. <that first sas dp recovery was no fun at all, no fun no fun no fun. ok actually it was pretty fun...>

8) you can change your icons to be whatever you want pretty much, just go to set macro group, and change away.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

About suggestion #3, people, no doubt would enjoy more classes, but there is a serious issue with ballance, and how much people complain about the slightest lack of balance. The only way to make new classes would be to make classes that are bad, tell everyone they are lousy classes, and then make them have some cool aspect that'll make people interested in playing them. This would make sure all the people with bigger crits wouldn't be missing out on anything great that they should have had the chance to get, and people playing the crit couldn't complain because they were forewarned.

Acaciam

Replying to Topic 'L

Post by Acaciam »

I'm going to do as yeti and break these down by number...

1) Have ya played drak before dz came along, skilling took about 100 times longer than it does now, and although there might be a cap, its not so bad, just time consuming.
TIP: find where you can 1-shot things that give the most skill, killing things in yeti+1 that give .02 skill/kill that you can 1-shot is way more producting than things in say aleria that give max .03 skill/kill but takes you 4 shots to kill.

2) A lot of races do have 'special abilities' although they might not be as in depth as walking through walls as an underground dweller, outcasts get a special repair bonus, some say undergrounds can hide better, and forest dwellers age less, mountain dwellers get proned less.... whether these be true or not, they are not well known so its not obvious, most people go city dweller cuz they roll the best stats, so i guess you are giving up the special abilities to have better starting stats. Most things great about drak is not knowing, so taking a gamble on something and testing it for while is most of the fun.

3) You aren't going to see any other classes pop up in drak, i'd be willing to bet on it.

4) This can be done i'd assume, maybe a different 'ugh' sound for feeble and mediocre hits, i don't know how many different ones you want, but i'm sure brad's puter has the windows sound recorder and he can give us something......

5) This ain't gonna happen the whole frontend of the game doesn't support it. Just like ya won't see 3d anytime in the near future, this takes a whole lot of re-coding the old stuff and i think things are more along the lines of new content now, instead of going back and changing what is already there. Plus there is tons of dungeons and floor areas, so it'd be tedious.

6) pk'ing is against the CoC, this is pretty redundant.

7) a lot of other classes, as in pretty much all of them get foci, chi's, or other stuff that makes then age just as fast, or faster than using powerful ment abilities.

8) if you are talking about the icons, do what yeti said, if you are talking about the animation when you attack, again thats totally recoding old stuff that is there already, not likely to happen.

don't get upset if i seem brash, but when these things don't happen, here's some basic reasons why they might not have, although they are all great ideas, ya gotta look a drak and how its run, some things just wont be changed.

edit: format.
Last edited by Acaciam on Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Communication End.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

my forest dweller pally ages very little unless he is hasting/maxstriking, im glad now that i traded crappy starting stats (my char still makes me cringe,because despite what some say forest dwellers cannot get 19 char, max is 16 it seems)
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Post by Andramelk »

heres one of my ideas, why dont people stop useing hider accounts :sarc
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Enigma

Post by Enigma »

well first off i'm not hiding my crit name is gust and to answer some of someones question eariler i am from Ien and about number 8. i meant if you attack with your fist it shows a small dagger attacking the enemy

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

You won't see that animation if you minimize the critboxxes anyway :P
I always saw that as just a little visual aid, and i'd think that changing it would be way more troubles then it's worth.
Dragonslayer of PHNX