New Alerian Portal

If you have an idea post it here
Chimera
Title: MoY Leader

New Alerian Portal

Post by Chimera »

I think that we should change the portal to Aleria to a portal spot in the Portal room. They have been sitting alone and everyone knows how to get to aleria only thing that will be missing is the 1k of coins that goes when you buy a pass. Also you can get passed him without a Mayors sash so there is no reason exept the coin which you might have to hold in your hand to pass and maybe the portal can only be used in alt 2. Maybe not have to pay at all but it would save loads of time. Also maybe move the Cob portal to the portal room too because it may be hard to get there to test players going to cob to see if they are ready but also it takes a bit to get to. If you run fast enough you can easily get past the NPCs and draggie and Slicer without damage exept from psi. It would save a lot of people time
Chimera____MoY

Roland

Replying to Topic 'New Alerian Portal'

Post by Roland »

You get both in Upper Guildhall :)
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Post by Andramelk »

heh, if they cant make it to cob through n7 they dont belong there
aleria is positioned fine as it is, people are just lazy :sarc
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

takes maybe a minute to run from portal room to aleria portal or cob portal, so why waste time moving them?

if you need them to be more conveniently placed, get UGH

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

djcruella

Post by djcruella »

Not sure if we need the pimping for UGH - but actually a portal FROM Aleria back to Nork would be a welcome sight. Something that wouldn't erase all your Aleria teleport spots and mass teleport spots???;)

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Yep, it's called a succor twig <G>

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by Mars_Sysop

Yep, it's called a succor twig <G>
Fine Mars, then make it so the lair crits in aleria don't strip you of your twigs. I never went to aleria all that much before I got teleport. After then I had a bunch of alerian teleports set. Lost them all when I died and got stripped. Now I have 2 alerian teleports, and no inclination to go back there and set anymore. Its a shame, in many ways aleria is a fine scenario, but the cost of a possible eat makes it unattractive.

- Morgar

ps. I think the cob and alerian teleports should remain where they are. If you can't survive the run to the cob teleport you don't belong in cob, same goes for aleria.

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Chimera

Post by Chimera »

I cannot have UGH because my parents wont get for me. If i could i would get a job to pay my account but i am too young. It just saves time really. On that note what about the restoring to that open field in aleria can that be fixed. Only happens to me when i dont have a twig out. Well back to the point i dont see reason in not using those portals for something and it does take about a minute to get there but also it is way easier just to portal. It isnt laziness its a waste of time everyone knows how to do it but i dont see why it is still there maybe just because you can get to aleria with it?
Chimera____MoY

Braindead

Post by Braindead »

Originally posted by Chimera

It isnt laziness its a waste of time everyone knows how to do it but i dont see why it is still there maybe just because you can get to aleria with it?

If you are complaining about something that takes a minute, it really is laziness...and what about future Drakkar generations who don't know how to do it? Want them to have everything simple? Not like this game isn't easy enough already?

Braindead/Hermes

PieterPost

Post by PieterPost »

Yeah, game is raped. Everything is too easy really; skilling, exping, maxxing. One of the reasons I don't play much anymore. No sense of accomplishment.

Nemesis

Northview

Post by Northview »

Originally posted by Morgar
Its a shame, in many ways aleria is a fine scenario, but the cost of a possible eat makes it unattractive.

- Morgar
maybe i missed the new addition...but what lair in aleria eats?

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by Northview

Originally posted by Morgar
Its a shame, in many ways aleria is a fine scenario, but the cost of a possible eat makes it unattractive.

- Morgar
maybe i missed the new addition...but what lair in aleria eats?
Time to change your tune northie... its getting boring. :zzz

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

takes all of what.. 15 minutes to re-set a full set of alerian tps?

run to gl, run to tree, run to s2, run to mujaba, kill mujaba, trade for tarak bottle, run to tarak... voila all your tps are back.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Kind of beats the point of teleporting though :)
not to mention you'd have to be enchanted for tarak too ;)
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Chimera

Post by Chimera »

How is this laziness when its just saving time really. Its much easier than having to go through that whole maze and then portal. Also if the game is too easy then a whole lot more people would be done with this game. It would get boring really there is still lots of hard things. Also there the fast that you say that future people wont know how to get there all they have to do is ask in chat and they will get told its not that hard to figure out i mean when i got my account paid the fist thing i did was ask where is the alerian portal and then someone said where it was so i tried it and couldnt go through because of no sash. It took me like 10 minutes to get there so theres no hiding where it is or no little quest that is involved. You dont even need the sash most of the time i go through there most of the time without it. Ive not been playing long about 2 years and there has been many things that i dont get why they havent changed many of them were because of the time it would take but some i could find no reason to not fixing. Maybe perhaps the fact that the Alerian twigs poof on your way back. Also NOrthview ive been stripped by Bl, GK, and Barney.
Chimera____MoY

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Post by Andramelk »

northview said what alerian lairs eat, not strip
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Braindead

Post by Braindead »

Uh, Chimera, drop down to n4, up stairs, run for about 20 seconds and you're at the Alerian portal -_- There is really NO need to change it. And yeah, the game is very easy. All lairs should eat -_-

Braindead/Hermes

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Oh, it is lazyness to get a portal in portal room, get gh if you really want it.
It never takes me long to get to aleria.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

Yeah, i just jump down the hole to n-5, up the steps ne of that to n-3.5, follow a path rapping around to a portal that brings u close to Urmak

Chimera

Post by Chimera »

it was an idea just easier i dont get why people got to take it as laziness. And DragonSlayer as i said i cannot get UGH or gh the things i get flow through my parents and thats it i cannot convince them other wise:D
Chimera____MoY