Originally posted by Raki

The VT RD eats?
yes it does like all other rd's except frore ones

Andramelk
Title: Groovy

Replying to Topic ' Drakkar eating problems...'

Post by Andramelk »

fs rd only strips
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

weeeeelllll ... if I had to guess: I'd say the fs rd strips if he kills with fs but eats if kills with claw or bite.
or would that make too much sense?

I have no direct knowledge of death to fsrd ... but I know there are sometimes unexpected NON eats (all you up and coming pallies take note: when your healer is stunned and ghosted in an eater lair YOU kill him ... save him from the eat)

I know the gut wrenching feeling of realizing you've been eaten. Usually on my secondary crits (not always). I don't want to play a castrated version of Drakkar.
Last edited by Ambrose on Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wizdrone

Post by Wizdrone »

There once was a game that had eaters too. When you got ate you were imediately sent to the underworld were you had to quest for your organs to get out. You only had 25 hp and 10 stamina to make it through. However when you were done you recovered all lost skill and exp. Yor gear was at the eaters location though so most people would retrieve it first by using another character they had or have friends get there dpile. If you had karma from killing lawful npc's or were an evil character you had to do the karma quest first in the underworld witch was quite hard. Oh how I loved that game. You could solo all the way to the top. Or you could group as well. Exp was given for each crit you killed no matter what lvl you were. skill was based on swings and for ma's also based on the risk factor. Caster's skilled for every cast of magic. And however much coin you paid for training you got that amount of exp. The game was perfect. Anyways I think eaters are fine as long as there is a method for regaining your losses.

Rygar

Post by Rygar »

I can run past vt rd, on a lvl one crit. I still have a chance of dieing, but it is very low. Someone new to the game, might not know how to run past and die. That is part of learning the game.

I died exploring alot, when I first started playing. I complained about the eats, and moved on. I'm sure i'll get eaten plenty more, but its been atleast a year since i got eaten last. Mostly because I don't play much, and have been lucky on the small lair hunts that I help on. I've yet to see most of the lairs, so there is plenty of eats instore for me. :)

Rygar

sk8erFiziks

Post by sk8erFiziks »

this has already been said, but i enjoy the risk involved when hunting an eater. it isnt as fun when there is no risk and it just feels that much better when you complete a hunt. i remember back a couple years on my first rd solo. brought down to 4 hp before ab kicked in.

good times :)