reintroduction of skill books in DL

If you have an idea post it here
art1

reintroduction of skill books in DL

Post by art1 »

Skill books for each skill randomly dropping in forged/DL. the trader will be located in deep mormar. pays up training for a very small amount. if all the bugs with skill books can be removed, it would be a good addition to random drops in dl, and hunting(grunting) would be more enjoyable. only post primal paid skill training useing the books can be achieved. just an idea..
Last edited by art1 on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.geocities.com/zandofkod
Link got removed from mainpage due to complaints. Check it out!

Poldarn

Replying to Topic 'reintroduction of skill books in DL'

Post by Poldarn »

Great idea!
ZuLnOtH, Formerly of Zand.

Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

Good Idea

Aurelius

art1

Post by art1 »

kick ass idea art!! brad listen to him for a change

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

Yeah but - Let's not forget why skill scrolls/books were removed in the first place.

Aurelius

Post by Aurelius »

yea..taken out cause some abused them

thats long ago..and im sure Brad can fix this from happening again.

Aurelius

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I like something in this form, for trained skill.

I must admit, however, that people are crusing pretty fast through the levels anyway

Ztinktoof

Post by Ztinktoof »

For sticks, traditional weapon skill post 31 is almost trivial to gain, even unpaid. No argument here if you want to drop books that pay up my training so I gain even faster. >smile<

For advanced abilities, recall that some are static effects and do not appear to be improved by "skilling". Its the old class balance issue. Shouldn't there be books that improve existing Shield and Barrier abilities?

Probably best to approach with caution. Add some bait and a healer to a party of ments, and both xp and skill advancement exceeds anything you could have ever gotten in Cob at any level.
Ztinktoof
Drakkars Moral Standard
Avatar (C) WIlliam Li: http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/w/i/william/
KaM Guild Website: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ctanzio/kam.html

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Why? Whats the point? At least for a Healer skill post 30 means absolutely squat. Maybe if Brad would reply on that subject I'd feel like he is at least looking into it or working on some kind of a fix towards class balance. But no, silence as usual. Thanks Brad.
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Athena, there was a whole thread on healer issues recently, where the topic was discussed pretty thoroughly ( healers in general ).
Last edited by Brad on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Yep, I know about that thread. I posted in it as well. Sorry if I'm a bit disgusted with the outcome and lack of feedback regarding it. Then, just recently, a post by Flisk saying for us to tell Brad how to make the game more fun and to give ideas....didnt we say please fix class balance? Didnt we list many ideas? Feel like I'm beating my head against a wall here.

Let me clarify why I stated that and comment on this thread while I'm here, so no one complains I didnt stick to topic.

Skill books to further skill that already is going quite fast unpaid and lightening fast paid seems silly to me. Furthermore, to introduce something "new" when there is quite obviously a large amount of things that need "fixing" seems even more silly.
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

Originally posted by Athena

Why? Whats the point? At least for a Healer skill post 30 means absolutely squat. Maybe if Brad would reply on that subject I'd feel like he is at least looking into it or working on some kind of a fix towards class balance. But no, silence as usual. Thanks Brad.
Brad has mentioned that skill-based disciplines will be added sometime in the future. Just because skill's not worth working now doesn't mean it won't be in the future. Welcome to life ahead of the curve.

art1

Post by art1 »

Originally posted by Athena

Skill books to further skill that already is going quite fast unpaid and lightening fast paid seems silly to me. Furthermore, to introduce something "new" when there is quite obviously a large amount of things that need "fixing" seems even more silly.

skill gains goes lightening fast paid, and about the same as gaining in cob unpaid. the idea is to make something new added to the tressure tables especially in forged, so if we find books we can exchange with one another and adds another dimension to the game. people will even use those books for tradeing purposes in "Buying and Selling".
Since we only got 2 area's to grunt in DL(forged+mormar), another item added to the tressure table would only make things more interesting.

it's an idea, thats why it's posted in Ideas for KoD thread. if we say Brad has enough in his plate to work on anything else, then not much point posting anything in this thread cuz it would end up being silly.

Mihey

Post by Mihey »

Originally posted by Brad

I like something in this form, for trained skill.

I must admit, however, that people are crusing pretty fast through the levels anyway
Brad has a point there. Where will you all be, when you reach the max (artifical or hard), what will you do?

Rapid growth is not always a good thing... And skill books would boost that up...
Mihey__PHNX

Paragon

Post by Paragon »

:-)