age verification

If you have an idea post it here
Incognito

age verification

Post by Incognito »

Ever considered actually confirming a person's age to play this game ?:sarc

It says you need to be 18 to play but from the posts I have read so far you definately have underaged players or just a very immature minded player base.:sarc
"Only the Shadow knows" ;P

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Replying to Topic 'age verification'

Post by Darge »

last i checked this was a family oriented game, why family? well because all you really need is parental consent, end of story :zzz
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Originally posted by Darge
all you really need is parental consent

Now, let me prove my point.

The following points can be found at this link: http://www.kingdomofdrakkar.com/download.htm
1. You ("Subscriber") represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this agreement.

You further agree that you will be the sole operator of your online personas, present at the computer at all times, and that you will not use automated scripting tools to control them.

8. Subscriber's right to access the service cannot be assigned, transferred or sublicensed.
According to the TOS parental consent is not at all required due to the fact that you are required to be a legal adult to play the game.

Again, age verification ? :sarc

Darge

Post by Darge »

all that is required is for the "Subscriber" to be 18, which can be a parent or guardian, it says nothing about whomever is playing must be 18, in fact i find the that you want a game that is popular among not only younger audiences but older ones to have age verification to even play ridiculous. You dont like the way people talk there's a button called ignore, use it, or better yet go to a different channel
SIN

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Current policy seems to work fine :)

There is a problem with age verification. You can only check when thay were born.

There are 12 year olds, on this game, that act mature and I find a fine addition to the community. There are also folks from 20 to 50 that act like they belong on the Kindergarden Playground and should be deported to wammyscape 3D.:p

Just arm a few deputies with a bar of soap and a paddle.

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

you definately have underaged players or just a very immature minded player base
Using a hider is a pretty childish thing to do also..

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Frozboz
you definately have underaged players or just a very immature minded player base
yeah there's this guy that likes to hide on a crit named "sharedfolder". wouldn't happen to know him would ya froz? ;)
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Originally posted by Darge

all that is required is for the "Subscriber" to be 18, which can be a parent or guardian, it says nothing about whomever is playing must be 18

"8. Subscriber's right to access the service cannot be assigned, transferred or sublicensed."

This means that whoever is playing the account must be the subscriber.

Incognito

Post by Incognito »

Originally posted by Frozboz

Tell you what, pm me with your real name, address and phone number and I'll supply you with mine then we both will not have a hider ( online persona ). :D

Darge

Post by Darge »

is being idealistic to think nobody under 18 plays this game and that nobody gets on anyone elses acct, also if this were an idealistic world we wouldnt have pointless topics on here
SIN

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

Originally posted by Demonaic

yeah there's this guy that likes to hide on a crit named "sharedfolder". wouldn't happen to know him would ya froz? ;)
Is that anything like "Teh Cheat"? Nope, never even heard of it. If you're accusing me of using a hider, I don't. Never have, never will. It's a pet peeve of mine.
Tell you what, pm me with your real name, address and phone number and I'll supply you with mine then we both will not have a hider ( online persona ).
Hiders aren't the same as online personas, nice try though. The only recourse - ONLY lasting recourse Drakkar players have against one another anymore is reputation. It helps keep the player population civil and in-line with the rules, especially since we can't strip/pop anymore, and the sysops are spineless. A player can totally ruin his/her reputation and just start fresh with another one, maybe like you've just done. Not to mention, you're flaunting the fact that you're doing it by being "incognito" and setting your sig as "only the shadow knows". It's harmless until the hiders start in with their agendas, like you've obviously started here. It's a pet peeve, and one thing that makes people shy away from forums since hiders generally never contribute anything positive, have a narrow minded agenda, and again have no recourse since no one knows who they are.

Come back with a stronger argument than "WHO ARE YOU IN RL?!?!" next time.

Doro

Post by Doro »

Hasn't brad already covered this topic in a previous thread?

i.e. One person may pay for the account and another may play it, but the one with the money has the responsibility.

He has made his decision, I don't agree with it, but I accept it.
ho

art1

Post by art1 »

there is a hider account that loves to post every now and then to flame me, kind of like my own personal admirer :) real innovative person.
http://www.geocities.com/zandofkod
Link got removed from mainpage due to complaints. Check it out!

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

Love the sig, art.

StillDaggerX

Post by StillDaggerX »

im one of the young players here im 11 yrs old we have the right to play thoguh we have no parental consent we have free will to do stuff we want as long as its not dangerous we know the consequenses of doing this and we want to be just treated as some people treat the adults so there is no need of age verifcation we dont cause any harm to people we just play like how adults play

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

punctuation... anyone?

seriously, that hurt my head just trying to read that...

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Drewstr

Post by Drewstr »

Actually, according to United States Law, no one under 18 can sign a contract and "legally" be held to it.

So beeing 11 and saying you have free will to do what you please as long as you know the consequences isn't true at all.

And before you say "well i'm from <insert some country>", the game is run in the United States. So our laws apply last I checked.

Whoever pays the account may have the responsibility, but from what I see, i rarely see the account payer held responsible. My parents have never been held accountable for any actions i'v done in this game. (I'd just love to hear someone call my house.. "Your son just did this! omg! I can't believe he took this item!")

And by the way, typing like that just proves you probably don't play like adults do.. <G>

Anyways, I posted my monthly rant or whatever, adios.
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

skain

Post by skain »

I am also under 18, and I will admit, I do have immature moments, but so does everyone. IMO I consider to be pretty mature for my age most of the time (16). If you disagree with this, I'm more than happy to hear why, because I'm always happy to hear others opinions, even if I don't do anything because of them. I do not think age is the problem here. I think the problem is people who don't know how to control themselves and such.