Skill meters

If you have an idea post it here
Shadon

Skill meters

Post by Shadon »

I think a great addition would be skill meters or bars that actually show you your current skill %. This could be something used for gold members. Of course you would still need to go to a trainer to train but not having to go and appraise your skill everytime you want to see your progess, would be nice.

Roland

Replying to Topic 'Skill meters'

Post by Roland »

This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all... perhaps have it shade the meter yellow for how far you are paid ahead in skill traing, then a red bar showing how far along it it, so you could quickly see at a glance when gained paid skill is moving to unpaid skill. Could be useful for post-30 skillin, as well.
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Migam

Post by Migam »

Not bashing your idea, just don't see it being done.

Way back when, I suggested a training dummy that will show damage caused when you attack it. Don't think they'll considered that either and my post got mixed comments.

Imho, they are looking for us to test damage amongst ourselves and take notes. And more likely, test skill gain in various areas ourselves having to go back again and again to trainer for the results. Otherwise, it would be too easy to kill a crit, check meter, kill another, recheck and have this info nailed down too easily. And having to go to trainer after each kill is too inconvenient for many of us (but some do when experimenting :) )
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

you know at this point i have to just sigh and think nothing new will be added until a year or two from now when everything in nl has been worked out, i think its a great idea but no implementation will occur soon :(
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Originally posted by Migam

Not bashing your idea, just don't see it being done.

Way back when, I suggested a training dummy that will show damage caused when you attack it. Don't think they'll considered that either and my post got mixed comments.

Imho, they are looking for us to test damage amongst ourselves and take notes. And more likely, test skill gain in various areas ourselves having to go back again and again to trainer for the results. Otherwise, it would be too easy to kill a crit, check meter, kill another, recheck and have this info nailed down too easily. And having to go to trainer after each kill is too inconvenient for many of us (but some do when experimenting :) )
Brad had tried your idea, but there was a bug that caused it to crash the server. Heh.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

ZhouYu
Title: Paladin of AWESOME

Post by ZhouYu »

That does seem like a good idea, IMHO.
The music I want to hear is once again, whispered in my ear.