Thief Armor

If you have an idea post it here
Shadon

Thief Armor

Post by Shadon »

Why is it that thieves have no leather type armor available? How many thieves can actually sneak around in full plate or restricting metal type armors???? Their needs to be armor made for thieves leather type stuff Elfin chainmail, something that is considered light and non restricting.... It just doesn't seem very thief like to be able to sneak around in my plate....

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Replying to Topic 'Thief Armor'

Post by Atom »

There is the theif hag armor,
"You are looking at a suit of dark leather armor fashioned into the likeness of a bat."

Shadon

Post by Shadon »

I've asked about that armor whether it was plate or leather and was told it encumbers you so you cannot use MA skill and it was plate... Besides what level do you have to be to get that armor? Not anything I can get anytime soon....

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

It doesnt seem very thief like to use ma skill.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

it doesnt encumber your thief ability. Which do you want to be, a thief or an MA?

and level 19 requirement is hardly able to be considered too large of a req.

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Migam

Post by Migam »

Try to get your agi to 18 and then hunt for BNR or camos when bigger. A thief hides/hunts and when caught, relies on the agility to get missed by weaps for the most part til they can re-hide (well, I do). You may feel using a fp is not In-character; then hunt without one. There can be arguments for and against MAs who use shields, Pallies who steal, Ments and Healers who solo... you just fight the style you feel comfortable with. My thief is in Cob and still has no Thief hag and does fine in all lands.
Last edited by Migam on Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Tobranna

Post by Tobranna »

I have a thief that wears FP and hides just fine though it is overgeared with 2 camos and beanie. I'll try another combo with the FP and see if it has an effect, but I've never noticed much difference regardless of what she's wearing. I'd also increase your agility if it's not 18. Agility pots are very easy to come by.

Edit: By FP I mean the stuff you get from killing Levi (level 15 to trade) not thief hag (level 19 to trade).

Tobranna
Pally forever in Training
Last edited by Tobranna on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.