New Class?

If you have an idea post it here
TinyMan

New Class?

Post by TinyMan »

Hello Everyone.. Its me TinyMan.. This night whilts playing a bit of Diablo2 i thort about the charactors that they had and if you could addapt one or more of them to drakkar? like a Druid? Be able to summon up elements and us
e them on there enemy?
Anyway thanks for reading this.. sorry if someone had already thort about this.. anyway...

Yours Sincerly TinyMan!
Last edited by TinyMan on Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny :P

makoosh2

Replying to Topic 'New Class?'

Post by makoosh2 »

....? This is drakkar not diablo... If you like the classes in diablo... play diablo not drakkar.. drakkar is diffrent like any other game..... enough said I think...
Makooooooooooshie

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

Find Friendly sort of is like summoning crits :)
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

TinyMan

Replying to Topic 'N

Post by TinyMan »

Makoosh i dont aprichate u say that! my place is at drakkar not diablo 2.. and there would be no harm in having another class.. i think i speek for everyone that it would be nice to see a new class.
Last edited by TinyMan on Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

You dont speek for me.

TinyMan

Post by TinyMan »

ok then i dont speek for you.. but im sure allot of people would like a new class? right?

Astra

Post by Astra »

i happy with classes atm, would rather spells like stonetoflesh were reworked so did more then in 1 lair in the game :sarc

(and even then its not that useful)

Astra_RIP
Last edited by Astra on Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Originally posted by TinyMan

ok then i dont speek for you.. but im sure allot of people would like a new class? right?
Ummmmmm.... NO:sarc

Drakkar is really two games, NL and Basic. Just balancing the classes we have and trying to keep them unique is a big job. I for one would rather keep Brad busy extending the game and keeping a sparkle on older lands rather than having him a nervous wreck trying to add and balance new classes.

Ofcourse more classes would provide for more amusment on the BB. Mountain Barbs are better than my Fairy Druid. Fix my class!

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

LOL, yeah that's the biggest problem w/ introducing new classes, brad has done his best at keeping the classes equal. I wouldn't really mind seeing a new class, but it would take a lot of work to get it equal to other classes, and of course we'd have to have a forum discussion about it for like 8 months to try to narrow it down to the classes we may like and then we'd need to have a poll to see which one we really will get. Despite this, lol, im all for a new class, but im not too interested in the summoning idea personally, but that's just me.

TinyMan

Post by TinyMan »

ok then Anario what r u intrested in :)

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

I'm not him, but i'd raher see old 'small' things fixxed, Like the font wich makes 1/2 characters drop out of the crit box on long, tagged names. Or the woodland/forest dweller op-ups, wich have the wrong head.
Sf thief trainer who keeps taking money without training.
Add as you see fit :P
Dragonslayer of PHNX

TinyMan

Post by TinyMan »

Yea i would like to see solo skill gain also increased.. like spending hours and hours on end skilling and only getting like 5%? bit mad? you be there all year lol

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Drakkar changes & therefore endures. A new class seems very unlikely to me ... an incredible amount of work would have to go into inserting a class into a working game ... and if Brad has spent any time reading other threads that bemoan the inequities of the classes, I know he'd wake up sweating in the night at the prospect of a new class.

I say will confidence that Drakkar has a niche and will endure ... so if you want to be a druid or an illusionist or a bard ... find a game that already has them.

makoosh2

Post by makoosh2 »

Thats what i tried to say in my first post .... but ambrose said it a little nicer.... diablo will never be the same as drakkar... drakkar stands out.... for a reason... and maybe the reason is that its not diablo =-)
Makooooooooooshie

TinyMan

Post by TinyMan »

ok. it was only a thort tho about a new class. dident really expect it to become real. but it would have been nice if it did :)

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

drakkar does not need any new classes and prolly will never need them, as much as it'd be cool to have the ninja class back (or the saddle item for that matter). One neat thing would be more work on the merchant class, dont know if brad had done anything with it as of yet, but it would be neat for this to actually be a class that could have its own unique abilities and those of other classes. Something like having appraise,their own lockers for storage of wares, a different set of coin tables and possibly item tables if the class is in the area, things that actually make them real merchants
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Rasker

Post by Rasker »

I wouldnt mind allowing crits to acquire skills of classes not their own, but with appropriate additional costs. After all, the use of imbued bracers allows every other class access to nominally ment or psi-only disciplines. It might be interesting to see what combinations people come up with using this option, and this ability to blend classes and abilities is an important feature of the Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale line of games (controlling a party of six crits at a time in a turnbased game is another, probably less adaptable feature).

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Darge
drakkar does not need any new classes and prolly will never need them, as much as it'd be cool to have the ninja class back (or the saddle item for that matter). One neat thing would be more work on the merchant class, dont know if brad had done anything with it as of yet, but it would be neat for this to actually be a class that could have its own unique abilities and those of other classes. Something like having appraise,their own lockers for storage of wares, a different set of coin tables and possibly item tables if the class is in the area, things that actually make them real merchants
thieves are better merchants then merchants :)
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Darge

Post by Darge »

yeh lookin back on that i realize that most of those reqs are things theives have, time for theives to lose some things <g>
*waits to be attacked by all the theives* :D
SIN

Roland

Post by Roland »

If Brad was to make the merchant a viable class, some things that would be kewl would be to have them able to tan things, and some lairs in game where only merchants of at least a certain exp/skill lvl could tan the corpse of certain lair beasts. Or, depending on the exp/skill lvl of the merchant doing the tanning, certain attributes would come out on gear. For example, suppose a 50/30 merchant tans a Chimera, the cloak would be 5/5, psi-cutter, and 100pts damage absorbtion, but if a say 22/20 merchant tans it..then the cloak would be 3/3 and only 40 pts of damage absorbtion.

Another ability to give merchants could be padding gear. And yet another thing would be encrusting gear, such that you could add certain attributes to things by encrusting with certain things. For example, if a merchant of sufficient lvl encrusted the essence of an agility pot onto an amulet, the amulet would also give +1 agility, along with its previous preset attributes.

Imho, those would be appropriate abilities for the merchant class. As merchants should be the class that would be the ultimate in 'sellable' abilities to other players. And those abilities would create alot of diversity in people's gear setups. Also, wouldn't be a re-hash of the abilities that other classes already have. As for killing, they should be the hardest to grow in that aspect, since their specialty wouldn't be in killing stuffs, would be in the acquisition of wealth.
SirRoland,
Follower of The Old Code
"Call what you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service are yours !"

Merlin

Post by Merlin »

lol, thats funny

well done roland ;) - you make me laugh

*Merlz*
Elessar: karbeck is a sweety

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

is this a merchant/trader or a damn tanning encrusting guy ? :/
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Darge

Post by Darge »

give em access to their own area where they can buy one of a kind items for tons of coin, some class specific, maybe even those guild emblems i keep wishing for ;)
SIN

Braindead

Post by Braindead »

I think that merchants as they grow should be able to sell things for insane amounts of coin, gaining more and more for items each level. For example, a level 50 merchant could sell gems for like 10 times their value. To keep from others using friends merchants, would need to have all items picked by merchants to tie. And then special checks. So not really a workable idea unless they wanted just one shared big merchant. And this is just kinda ramblings as there is enough work being done on class balance that there does not need to be any classes added. It would be a nightmare for Brad.

Braindead/Hermes

Darge

Replying to Topic 'N

Post by Darge »

ud4 gems for 10 times their value *drool*
20m per sack has a nice ring to it :hoho
Last edited by Darge on Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIN