new season of drak

If you have an idea post it here
sk8erFiziks

new season of drak

Post by sk8erFiziks »

this is just an idea and i dont really care if i get flamed for it. but i think itd be a good idea to have a completely separate alt of drak where everyone had to start with a completely new account. for any diablo 2 players out there whove played with ladder chars, you already know what im talking about. it used to be a reggie was respected gear for someone to have, now everyone has one. kinda miss back when people had to actually work together in nork without having 2-3 uber crits able to kill any lair.

Freddie

Replying to Topic 'new season of drak'

Post by Freddie »

Web drakkar was its own area in the old days. It was where the free players got a feel for the game and such until they got a pay acct and moved on. It wasn't the full game and had caps too if I remember correctly. It had enough though for you to figure out if it would be a game you would like to play. It was a blast too figuring out what to do over there and what not to do. I still remember Froz, Mega, and me over there finding stuff out laughing at each other for exploring and losing all our gear to various areas, lairs.

Freddie__JIHAD

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

yes, and nothing is added to drakkar, hence it always gets boring very fast, at least drak has new stuff being added at the high end. When ur 70/34 and u got every piece of gear u can say ur bored, just because reggie isnt uber anymore dont mean game needs to be reset every half yr or so

Freddie

Post by Freddie »

i think itd be a good idea to have a completely separate alt of drak where everyone had to start with a completely new account.
It just hit me the idea that is. I got a way you could get your own fresh start to drakkar. If Say you found 150 people that all agreed to sign up to the game for a one year contract (gold plan min) I think brad would add a new fresh start server for them. That sound fair Brad?

Freddie__JIHAD

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

There is no mandate that says that you can not build a slot in the old fashion way, in todays current Nork alts. If your a player and want to have some fun do it!
There is no rule that states that you must accept lavish gifts. There is no protocol that states that your quest party must contain PW healers, RP Mas and a few Fury barbs. And it is not a requirement that you call for an MT to get to the toilet (or even a lair that you could walk to in only a few minutes)

In the base game you can build such a crit to substantial size, but its gonna take a while:p You won't get special fancy items to show that you could play without todays "perks". What you may get is a bit more game knowledge and bragging rights that will be appreciated by only a few.

The only thing that concerns me is that "the new way" is thrust upon NEW first time players before thay have a chance to decide thier own path. Face it, a simple set of crumy cob leather can geatly skew the whole sub 13 experience for a total novice.

So a new Nork alt? THINKING .... Thinking.... thinking... Um NO!
Todays reward challenge in called NL. Pay Brad his 50 bucks.

Some etiquette tiles in school might be a nice idea; with a test at the end to get your hunting license even for rerolls.

testing...................
You have failed your exam.
You will now be transported to the Mama Dragon tutor! Chomp!!!
Thank-you for comming. Try again
Last edited by Kanak on Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

so why am i going to start a brand new crit while im still working on building my current one? i like hunting aleria for random items, i dont feel like getting big enough so that i can hunt s2 or camp duke again when i can be doin it right now. what your proposing sounds liek something that only people who have a big crit and want to build a new one the old fashioned way
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

I think that this would be a very fun way to play. In this you would get to see people in dungeons near you that you normally would never see anywhere but the sf and the bank. There would have to be some little different items that were given to the crit that got the 1st-5th biggest in each class (maybe a little trophy with the date recieved on it) to give bigger crits incentive to play. These trophies, or w/e it will be, could then be given to your main account/crit (i dunno if one would have an account or just a crit dedicated to this scenario). If big crits like nothing else, it's proff of their hard work that they can show off in the sf. O, and btw im not saying that the trophy should be what you get, prehaps a cool robe with the number you placed on it, lol.

Poldarn

Post by Poldarn »

i personally would love to see something like this. i myself, at 47/29 only learnt to walk nork 1 through 10 unaided like a fortnight ago... and i was shocked to find that im not the only one who doesnt know it, 75% or more of drak dont. it would be nice to see a new fresh start alt... and i think there's enough out there that would like to be a part of it too. just my 2 cents.

peace.
ZuLnOtH, Formerly of Zand.

Memnoch

Post by Memnoch »

Agree'd, many times i've made a crit than had him get his own gear etc, usually if i have a purdy rare i'll give him that to get him started, its fun being a newb again...except when bigger newbs pk you in n1... :(

BUT! the only main problem is, what if somebody in 5 months time returns to drak and is huge and wants to start over because they hate what drak has become, can they join this server? if so... wont everybody be a little bigger, they have the old stratageys that work, so people will advance alot faster and it'll soon turn back into what we have now.
"It is white."
- George W. Bush, when asked what the White house was like by a student in East London

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

i'd play on a new server. however, it would only be the battle of the smalluns for about.. a week.

after a week or so, people will have advanced to lv 20+ at least.

after a month, there will probably be lv 50 chars again, hehe.

and then its just back to same old drak.

its just too easy to grow under the current system, people will get huge in no time. Its not too hard to grow a new crit, un-aided, to lv 50 in 1-2 months. <un-aided as in, no outside help whatsoever, on hunts or anything> Even in ien, my account was locked for 2 weeks, and in that 2 weeks i duplicated the crit i had on my other account <- a few pieces of gear i spose> ended up with a 19/16 pally, with no help. and with the new even faster skill and xp gains, it would be alot easier.

good idea, but it wouldnt do what i think alot of people think it would

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

The thing is that this server will be reset from time to time (im guessing like 2-4 times a year). So yes, if u don't start at the same time as other people you could very well be way behind, but then u can use the time between when u start playing and the next reset to build ur normal game crits (those that don't get reset). And there will always be those people who just play nonstop for a week, so they'll be as big as they can get and it'll mess everything up, but most of the community will be in the same ballpark as each other.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

I am liking this idea less and less ...
UNLESS we were talking about using the Drakkar system on new storylines, maps & crits ...

I make new crits all the time on Drakkar that are unaffected by larger crits ... for me there would not be enough of a difference.

poopdeck101

Post by poopdeck101 »

I think this is a GOOD idea. I mean why not? It would be cool to start over a new leaf in drak w/o having to rr your cirts. Unfortunately, we all know that it will never be instated seeing as none of the suggestions are ever put in place.
Now renegades are the people with their own philosophies
They change the course of history
Everyday people like you and me