Summoning Crits to P

If you have an idea post it here
Morgar

Summoning Crits to P

Post by Morgar »

There has been a recent increase in the number of crits being summoned in the steel flower, noteably dragons, usually when no sysop is present. Only this evening dragons killed several players and some gear was lost (an untied uzi being held instead of being worn). The summoner was not identified.

I would strongly suggest that the FF spell me modified to include a statement saying "So and So Summons a Dragon/roc/bear/etc" and that it be visible even if the summoner is not. This way the culprit can be identified and reported to sysops when they do get on the system.

- Morgar
Last edited by Morgar on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Useful Drakkar files for Heros and Cowards: http://www.northernwebs.com/drakkar

Crusher

Replying to Topic 'Summoning Crits to P'

Post by Crusher »

Bleh, why summon easy to kill dragons when you can critcure had to kill ones from the fireplains.
You'll never win... PLEAD INSANITY!

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

can't critcure them for one thing.
<tried>

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Minos from KM? Baskies from N8? Lizards from M3?

Kanak

Post by Kanak »

Wow I saw the topic and thought we had a serious problem. I envisioned unsightly puddles all over town:D

Although there is nothing wrong with an anouncement such as "X summons a thingy", be carfull what you ask for. In the recent past many changes have been made that curb player abilities in an attempt to CODE MORALITY. It takes the edge off the game.

Its not really a code problem but one demonstrating the state of the Drakkaer community. The problem at hand could not have been created by a newbie fresh out of wammyscape. Creating a FF dragon takes some time to learn. SO you are looking at an accident (in which case the perp should have stood-up) OR followers of that old dream arn't playing mentor but instead standing silent while big stuff and skill is being handed out to those that know no better (OK maybe a few "devils spawn").

I'll assume this was an accident in which case it would be nicer to code FF to bring up a second menu to select any crit below your casting ability to summor (like illusion) Remember that the 1 buttom auto returns such as FF and SW can be mistakenly clicked.

Its a shame when the game must be diminished from its roots just to accomodate children (from 5 to 50). Unrestricted strips, loots, pops and exploding chippers were part of ancient time and made Drak different from much of todays kiddy candy smaultch. Lets not over react and make Drakkar just another Me Too game.

Kanak
My fellow Drakkarians
The Demo-Crits have it right

After thought: Why does anyone need to hold an uzi while chatting in SF?
Last edited by Kanak on Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by Kanak

I'll assume this was an accident in which case it would be nicer to code FF to bring up a second menu to select any crit below your casting ability to summor (like illusion) Remember that the 1 buttom auto returns such as FF and SW can be mistakenly clicked.
It could have been an accident. Except that once the first dragon was put down, a second was immediately summoned. And prior to that, a roc. Which suggests a skill 15/16 ment with a chipper doing the summoning since it takes skill 17 to bring in a red.

Why people hold stuff in the steel flower is beyond me.... but they do it anyway. Maybe its because they are just copying all the bigger and NL players that like to show off their gear in the steel flower?

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

As much as I agree with Kanak's "morality coding" opinion, I have say that there is a difference between coding morality and ascribing an action to the guilty party. Since the community is not allowed to police itself, it must rely on coding and Sysops.

As to what they were doing holding an uzi: none of your freaking business ... probably they were locker skilling or holding an item that wouldn't fit in pouch in case of thiefs or PK'rs ... if they were "unattended skilling" they can pay the price when caught ... the suggestion that they might have 'deserved it' offends me ...

of course, I'm easily offended.

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

Only problem is that im not sure if word will get to all the sysops... There was also someone fb/fs last night (don't remember which) and many knew the name of the crit, but i dunno if that person ever got reported to the sysops... They had a kinda hard to remember name, started with mae i believe... If i did in fact get reported to a sysop, plz tell me so i can shorten my post...

Atom
Title: Member Stylish Club

Post by Atom »

Findfriendlys arent really a big problem, just dont attack them. There is already a rule no psi in sf, and the whole gear loss is actually theft.

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

Kick your own ff red dragon, it'll fb u... and therefore fb all of sf. That way everyone is red to it. This leads to the problem.

Morgar

Post by Morgar »

Originally posted by Anarion

Only problem is that im not sure if word will get to all the sysops... There was also someone fb/fs last night (don't remember which) and many knew the name of the crit, but i dunno if that person ever got reported to the sysops... They had a kinda hard to remember name, started with mae i believe... If i did in fact get reported to a sysop, plz tell me so i can shorten my post...
The name you're looking for is Braelvenae. A known pker thats has fireballed the steel flower on several occasions. However this person is not capable of summoning dragons let alone rocs. And by the time the dragons were summoned, Braelvenae who also uses that name in DZ Chat, was gone from the system.

- Morgar

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

Just to make it clear, i wasn't saying that Braelvenae summoned the FFs, I was just wondering if these non-Sysop hours PKers were being reported, and giving an example of one that some ppl did catch the name of....

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

according to brad, if u are attacked by an area attack, and dont attack a creature first, u remain good to that creature until u attack it, hence people attacked the dragons that killed them, was their own fault

Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Still doesn't prevent being killed by the dragon.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Originally posted by lalasushi

according to brad, if u are attacked by an area attack, and dont attack a creature first, u remain good to that creature until u attack it, hence people attacked the dragons that killed them, was their own fault
Didn't that stop working with the new alignment sytem?
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Anarion

Post by Anarion »

He turned red to me and i didn't attack him at all before or after it turned red to me, so either Brad just fixed the alignment system in one case or everyone who got hit by the dragon's fire turned red to the dragon.

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

you get hit by something white to you, and it turns red to you and you turn red to it. It applies to players and it applies to npcs

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Demonaic

Post by Demonaic »

Originally posted by Yeti
you get hit by something white to you, and it turns red to you and you turn red to it. It applies to players and it applies to npcs
-Yeti
almost true... evil players don't go red to anyone when hit, nor do 2 evil players ever get red to eachother. cmon, surely your evil barb was picked on more then a few times ;)
-------------------------------------
LadyTrash
aka Frodo
ICQ - 112870456
DZ - ThatCorpse999

Yeti

Post by Yeti »

nah, players dont turn red to evil players if they hit em, however if an evil player hits a non-evil player they turn red to em. Figure out that logic <G>

-Yeti
If Practice makes perfect, and nobody's perfect, then why practice?
If ignorance is bliss, why aren’t more people happy?
What are those little things on the end of your shoelaces called?
and finally...

If money is the root of all evil then how come churches ask for it?

Eons

Post by Eons »

Yeti i agree a msg stating the name of the ment casting the find friendly is a great idea
and i dont see how this would infringe on anything. It is just a tool allowing sysops to better police brad's no-pvp rule for drak.

art1

Post by art1 »

what could i do to make this thread locked?
http://www.geocities.com/zandofkod
Link got removed from mainpage due to complaints. Check it out!

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

Just checked, a ff will indeed not attack you unless you attack him first, firebreath or not.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Frozboz

Post by Frozboz »

That's not the issue.

Step 1. Create a FF in SF with a ton of newbies around.
Step 2. Anger the FF (Steal from it, kick it, whatever)
Step 3. The FF will firebreath/lightning you, and all around you.
Step 4. Profit!

err.. yeah, paying $1 to get this thread locked.

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

not true, we have tested this with bl, he area attacked a healer, we all left lair and healer showed bl as red yet it didnt attack healer hence brads system is correct, even if the lair appears red to u, or creature, if u dont attack it, it wont see U as red, hence THEY attacked the rd, out of not knowing they werent red, or died to the fires breath.....

LadyKris

Post by LadyKris »

I believe the concern is for the small and new players that do actually die from the firebreath or lightening that the FF's cast. Personally I never cast FF in SF or anywhere near town because of that possiblity. And I do kill any FF's that are called into SF while I'm there one shot and taking alignment loss to prevent small player injuries.I think a message indicating who is calling a FF would not harm anything and be very helpuful in tracking and solving this problem.
Lost again , oh well MT back to the beginning.