Blind help

If you have an idea post it here
Acaciam

Blind help

Post by Acaciam »

This would be very easy to do and no reason not to, how about...

When a player or non player is blinded, its heart will turn blue so let other players know that crit is blind.. ie healer can cast vision.. because the only way for someone to know if someone else is blind is for them to say it.

I think it would be really easy because this already happens when someone is poisoned, the only thing that will need to be changed is where it turns green, make it turn blue :)
Communication End.

Ibis

Replying to Topic 'Blind help'

Post by Ibis »

Thats a very good suggestion. i think it will help many healers and other players know that someone is blind here.:sarc

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

it would also be nice if vision disc and potions made it so you couldn't be blinded for another 3 rounds(if it was cured, since everything chain blinds)

Rasker

Post by Rasker »

might also change hostile crits icon to let us know if it's been successfully blinded (as a stunned crit will have greenish haze around its heart)

lalasushi

Post by lalasushi »

very good idea

Tranquil

Post by Tranquil »

props to aca. awesome idea..

Calonderial

Post by Calonderial »

what if the crit is poisoned and blind ? :/ what colour than ?? red ? <g>

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Posted by Drdrunk: it would also be nice if vision disc and potions made it so you couldn't be blinded for another 3 rounds(if it was cured, since everything chain blinds)
How about since we healers can no longer chain blind, we make it fair and limit npcs ability to chain blind also?
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Drdrunk

Post by Drdrunk »

healer nazi: fair? no blind for you! :sarc

Birdman

Post by Birdman »

on reply to the post bout bein blind and poison at same time: make heart turn purple, or yellow, or orange, or black, or something like that. lots of colors to chose from. btw, i think changing heart color when blind is excellent idea!

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

bump for an old post but a good idea...

Poison: Green heart
Blind: Blue heart
Poison & Blind: Yellow Heart

Stunned: Yellow ring of stars
Charmed: Blue ring of stars
etc..
Communication End.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I actually like the idea, it got floated around a long time ago but we are missing a piece thats necessary in the FE to do it. I'll see what we can do though

Acaciam

Post by Acaciam »

Awesome, thanks Brad. :)
Communication End.

Ambrose
Title: Always Right

Post by Ambrose »

Well I am late to the party again ...

I don't see why a player being blind should be immediately apparent to those around him ... what next? A color for a player whose IV has run out in darkness? ... They shout out "HEY! I can't see!" just as it should be.

Acaciam

Re: Blind help

Post by Acaciam »

bump.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

I like this.

joebone

Post by joebone »

OP:
Acaciam Post subject: Blind help Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:38 am

Rep:
Brad Post subject: Replying to Topic 'Blind help' Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:55 am

I actually like the idea, it got floated around a long time ago but we are missing a piece thats necessary in the FE to do it. I'll see what we can do though

bump:
Acaciam Post subject: Re: Blind help Posted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 am

bump.

Theres necroposting and necroposting, but responses taking over a year is still a new one on me. Still - I agree with the idea from 6 years ago, surely someone can just copy paste the heart and colourwash it? :p A few more states/visibility certainly couldn't hurt.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Bug Brad.

Blind
Poison and Blind
Stun and Blind
Stun, Poison and Blind
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

It's more than just colorwashing an icon. It has to be coded into the programming to recognize when to use the new icon.

I will make sure Brad sees this to find out if it's possible.

Migam

Post by Migam »

Even the current green heart is an issue when it's last notch or ghosted, hard to see poisoned state... stunned is easier to see no matter the health. I poison crits that take long to kill as a marker to warn off anyone walking in and not seeing (I hope!) my thief and taking the kill. Common sense would dictate that ghosted means someone beating up on it but this is Drakkar.

I know, any healer worth his salt should already be healing someone at so low a notch anyway. But a change should also pertain to NPCs, good, bad or ugly. I'd like to see if my target is affected as well besides trying to watch a fast-scrolling text box to see if it resisted the attempt.

The states normally experienced are poisoned, charmed, blind, stunned, scared and stoned. Stoned is fairly easy to see (no critbox and a statue on ground) and stunned is as well. One way to show the other 4 states is to take the heart, draw in 2 diagonals to split the area outside the heart and use color in each quadrant for each state. I did this using Paint but it looked too Dick Tracy since I'm not good at blending in hues and shades. Another way is a series of concentric heart outlines thick enough to see state. That, I'm not attempting to create lol.

To the right of the off hand is that empty spot that can be a Christmas tree light type of display but of course, it's not visible unless you are using the 10-crit view.
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

I always thought the party window would be cooler as a healer helper window, similar to those in other games. Dunno about the other folks who play healers but those hearts are sometimes hard to see, especially if your running Drak on a teenie-tiny screen. But anyway, not to derail the post as I do like the idea of different colored hearts to mean different things. ;-)
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

GenRalph

Post by GenRalph »

ooooohh, excellent idea Athena. I watch the party window very closely on hunts to monitor % of hp and ep in my team mates. Just not accurate enough for me to watch a little heart on several peeps when their crit flag keeps changing possition. It might also be easier to code and more fleible for future needs if the party window contained these crit status indicators.
Don't blame the darkness, its only following its nature... instead ask why your light isn't brighter

Glorifel
Connan
Silhouette
Perseus