Skill and Loot

If you have an idea post it here
Thundar__RELM

Skill and Loot

Post by Thundar__RELM »

For awhile I noticed skill was going really well and we were doing much better than early DZ. I have found though that skill is not improving towards the rates that were projected and in fact in the last week have drastically dropped. At skill 14 halberd I can not get better than 1% per hour paid ahead solo. I was able to get 2%. To even get the 1% takes boring hunting style and alot of luck to determine the right time to go to an area and not be over crowded. Please look at skill gain. I personally have yet to see anyone say that they are getting the solo skill gain that was poted at the meeting. I know that things are being worked on but this is a frustrating area that people from the smallest to the biggest have asked to be looked at so it is not just a few people having problems. My idea is either move it up on the list in priority or leave it lower on the list but go back to the IEN skill system which was much much faster once you were past skill 10, until it is 1st priority and going to be worked on.

The second thing is could you look at loot. I was finding several pots per week hunting as low as n-7 and equivalent places. Now it seems that only lairs are yeilding pots. I have not found even an agil in several weeks. Also there used to be plenty of loot the lower you went. Now n-7 is almost loot free. Small green gems dropping like crazy etc. Hardly any coin on the crits anymore. In n-6 you fill a sack with diamonds in no time. Used to be able to fill a sack in n-7 without even stepping out of that second room in a few minutes. Not sure if it is intentional change or something happened or maybe I am having the longest run of bad luck in Drak history but could it at least be looked at.

My most important idea is please go back to posting what is going on. Right after the meeting there were posts added that explained things completly, but that has gone away and now there is only a post for something major or for story line. I realize that to preserve game integrity you have to not say things, but a simple post up there once a week like here are the things I am working on would go along way to stop frustrations. You know something simple like hey I still am working on skill so be patient would at least tell us it is not forgotten. Thanks and keep up the good work that you are doing.

Thundar__RELM