forum suggestions

If you have an idea post it here
borlaK

forum suggestions

Post by borlaK »

Combine these forums -> getting started, ideas for KoD, Sysops -> into a "General" forum. I'd like to see Nork/aleria/cob combined into just a "segments" forum, but who knows, they may grow individually over time...

Getting started (should) be covered on the main page
ideas is too specific
Sysops can be contacted via email or PM'ed. if they have a special message to get across they can always sticky a message (I'm assuming stickies work here)

---Forum layout
Way too large fonts. I feel as if I'm being attacked when I look at the forum pages.

The "triple spacing" in the topics is overkill. 1 line per topic...

there is a little folder thing representing something, then a blank square, then the topic. axe the blank square :)

In general it takes up too much space - the replies box, the #read, especially the 'last post info'. Smaller fonts, less spacing please...

ahh, I'd tidy this up, but gotta run.. no offense anyone

--comments...
bor :]

Burton

Replying to Topic 'forum suggestions'

Post by Burton »

Thanks for the suggestion Borlak. The reason its setup the way it is was when I started testing it some people were having having a hard time with the smaller font. Everything was closer together and it was hard to read for some.

Solution? I will be adding several templates that people can choose from. Its not going to happen anytime soon, maybe mid month august.

Thanks again.
Burton

purg

Post by purg »

I like the forums just the way they are personally, i mean yea there could be some really small minor tweeks. But nothing is ever perfect. Good job Burton :-)

Emily

Post by Emily »

What about more forum access levels? I would like to see a forum for guilded crits to discuss guild issues and guild relations topics.

As it is now, the access level spread totaly disreguards the effort and devotion of people who have played for over a year or several years if they are not currently of CH size or larger.

I know the mega-crits and CH people see everybody else as newbies, but after a few years it starts to get old being treated like one. :(

Hotice

Post by Hotice »

actually i kind of disagree with you there, there are some ppl in game that have been here for years and know next to nothing about game and then there are some how haven't been here that long and know so much more.

thus time playing doesn't really equal game knowledge, so CH is a good way (imho) to give more access to players that have been around and survived that long to be there.

Emily

Post by Emily »

Ummm, ok... what does that realy have to do with having an area in addition to CH for those in between? Are you saying they shouldn't have other areas for more people? Or are you saying that aside from CH, nobody else deserves anything at all?

Burton

Post by Burton »

Originally posted by Emily

What about more forum access levels? I would like to see a forum for guilded crits to discuss guild issues and guild relations topics.

As it is now, the access level spread totaly disreguards the effort and devotion of people who have played for over a year or several years if they are not currently of CH size or larger.

I know the mega-crits and CH people see everybody else as newbies, but after a few years it starts to get old being treated like one. :(
Em,

I am working on a Guild Forum, I had one up but decided it would be cumbersome on this board. I will have it installed sometime early next month. The CH and CC sections of this forum is something that is earned by getting to those areas. You have been playing for a few years, you should be able to get a hunt up so you can get into CH. Its really not that hard.

Burton

Thundar__RELM

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Actually Burton it is not all that easy. Under the new rules most people will not fight a lair where they are in danger. Before you could get a party of good size crits and take out pretty much any lair if you had one 20+ crit with you. Now only the super crits will fight any lair harder than dragons so you have to get 3 or 4 super crits that kill the crit for you and give you the access. I would say the days of earning access to anything in Drakkar are gone. Basically at this point you get it when someone decides to give it to you. Yeah you can pay and bribe people. Some people have even used the let me be your friend route so I have every piece of gear in game within 6 months of starting to play. Then you have the rest of us. We like to go on the hunts for our gear and do more than stand there. We don't really believe in buying gear so that route is out. We intentionally did not join the huge guilds that give you gear because we want to make a name for ourselves. Then you get the hunts together but you feel like you should help on the hunt before you get the gear for yourself. Then you quickly learn that the people that you risked everything for will not take that same risk for you. For those people a few years will not get you access to CH or anything. I have been here over 3 years and can't even get anyone to go on FG hunt or Slith hunt so no way do I think I could put together the hunts for CH. Not that I really want CH access for forum or in game at this point I want to get a little bigger before I start putting that together, but I think that the super crits forget that the medium crits don't have everything and with the current system requiring thought and danger to lairs no one is willing to risk actually hunting a lair instead of having it stupified the whole hunt with a level 1 being there safely.

Thundar__RELM

Tigger

Post by Tigger »

Could you clarify for me , Thundar, what you mean by under the new rules?

Tig

Thundar__RELM

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Yeah I should so it does not sound like a complaint since I personally like the new rules better. All I mean is that now lair crits can not be stupified by super players. So there is a danger to all lairs if you are not a super player. No one will go in lairs anymore because they may lose a couple of overmax hp. Personally I think when you pay money to play a game you should play it so if you have overmax hp but don't use them you are wasting your money. That is me though and the way I like to play. I would like to see a way to recover lost hp so that people that don't like to play the game with risks would be willing to play again. However I don't think that the crits should be made stupid again. I think the current system that still makes them doable by a smart party is perfect. Should not take away those abilities or add any other things and the current lairs are very nicely set up. They may still be suicide but that is better than feeling like you might as well be in n-1 as easy as it is.

Thundar__RELM

buho

Post by buho »

Some things I have heard about the DZ rules as opposite to IEN rules:

- You loss HPs in any (or nearly any) lair death.
- You cant have the crit stunned all rounds
- Crits are eating to much more and too much harder.

If all of the above is true, lair hunting is way dangerous than in IEN.

buho.

Thundar__RELM

Post by Thundar__RELM »

Actually the hp loss to all lair crits started up about 2-3 months before the move from IEN. I think that was just a mistake that somehow got fixed because Brad said that we should have been losing hp to lairs everytime we die. Was not that way for several years apparantly but it should have been. No things can't be chain stunned, but that really makes a lair boring if you do that. Just have to know how to fight them now. Yes more people are getting eaten now because lairs aren't as simple as they used to be, but with the exception of a few places that I will not go to check solo lairs are not any harder now than on IEN. I think the psi-type lair crits may be but I can't and won't verify that other than hearing people talk about 4k+ hits from some lairs. No need for me to even go there and see. Other than that the lairs seem to be the same just get no skill for them now like you used to and will lose hp if you die. Requires you to be a smarter player which is a good thing.

Thundar__RELM

buho

Post by buho »

Originally posted by Thundar__RELM

Actually [...].

Thundar__RELM

Very well said, Thundar. I agree with any and all of your words.

buho (for some reasons buo_RELM) :)

PS: I care little about restricted access fora, Im not supporting it but I dont care so much.

buho

Post by buho »

Originally posted by Thundar__RELM

[...] Requires you to be a smarter player which is a good thing.

Thundar__RELM
Agreed too.

buho.

Dragonslayer

Post by Dragonslayer »

my suggestion for the forum is a "non-drakkar" forum, so people can just chat about everything with the forum.

and i also think there should be a way to reget those lost HP's, maybe make regenerate work in nork, or give nork a steve clone, but not a steve amulet.
Dragonslayer of PHNX

Emily

Post by Emily »

Is there a forum available for shameless (Drak related) plugs?
A place to post things like advertising Drak websites, Guild recruiting, new guild site features, etc..

If not, then perhaps there could be... It would provide another resource for new players to find info, guild prospects to find guilds or who knows what else..

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

Originally posted by Emily

Is there a forum available for shameless (Drak related) plugs?
A place to post things like advertising Drak websites, Guild recruiting, new guild site features, etc..

If not, then perhaps there could be... It would provide another resource for new players to find info, guild prospects to find guilds or who knows what else..
Emily:

I would use the General Section Nork forum for these matters.

Dragonslayer:

I do not see the need for a Non-Drakkar forum. This area is set up for Kingdom of Drakkar. There are plenty of places elsewhere on the web for anything else.

V/R

Mars

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Post by flisk »

Originally posted by Dragonslayer

my suggestion for the forum is a "non-drakkar" forum, so people can just chat about everything with the forum.

You are of course all welcome to click over to http://www.gamemasters.com and use my forums for any non-drak related issue.

:D