Storyline of Drakkar

If you have an idea post it here
LanofICE

Storyline of Drakkar

Post by LanofICE »

I was talking in our chat room tonight about lanapi and the chipuda story line. We were trying to find out what the actual story line which also got me to thinking about the rest of the drakkar story. On the old ien i seem to remember that there was a spot that you could look up this story. I think that it is one of the more interesting parts of Drakkar, that is that all of this has a story to back up why it's here. If there is somewhere that you can find the whole storyline please post it here so others can find it. If not, would it be possible to maybe put it somewhere on the KoD website so everyone could find it and new people could get excitted about the world of Drakkar. I just thought that if we were interested about it, others would be too.

Lan___ICE
"Dance with me death, I am ready!"
-Lan of ICE

Mihey

Replying to Topic 'Storyline of Drakkar'

Post by Mihey »

There are some stories at WILD website, Emily's masterpiece ;)

http://wild.has.it

Here is the thread about drakkar stories...

http://kingdomofdrakkar.com/newforums/v ... .php?t=603
Last edited by Mihey on Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mihey__PHNX

flisk
Admin
Admin
Title: King of Drakkar

Replying to Topic 'Storyline of Drakkar'

Post by flisk »

Originally posted by LanofICE

I was talking in our chat room tonight about lanapi and the chipuda story line. We were trying to find out what the actual story line which also got me to thinking about the rest of the drakkar story. On the old ien i seem to remember that there was a spot that you could look up this story. I think that it is one of the more interesting parts of Drakkar, that is that all of this has a story to back up why it's here. If there is somewhere that you can find the whole storyline please post it here so others can find it. If not, would it be possible to maybe put it somewhere on the KoD website so everyone could find it and new people could get excitted about the world of Drakkar. I just thought that if we were interested about it, others would be too.

Lan___ICE
All of the Official Drakkar Story Line information is on the Kingdom of Drakkar website and has been on there since day 1. It can be found thruout the website, mainly located at the Nork, Aleria, and Cobrahn Segment. The Sea Hag has her storyline, and Graine's is in development (although his part of the website is a little difficult to find, but trust me; it's there).
There are endless tomes of knowledge that have yet to be revealed about a lot of different aspects, however.
Stay tuned to the website as they will be revealed in time...

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Re: Storyline of Drakkar

Post by Athena »

You know, this evening some new players were asking about the story line of Drakkar..and one of them said that there really wasn't one! What?! I know that there is a rich and interesting story line and it used to exist on the main web page. I have scoured the main web site and don't see it there anymore. I searched and found this thread...the two links posted in it are dead now. Flisk mentions the story line is on the main page...which brings me back to square one, lol! Does someone have the original story line preserved somewhere and wouldn't mind posting it? I think adding it to the main web page under "story" wouldn't be a half bad idea either...great for new players who like the role playing aspect of the game. :)
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Mordo
Title: Master

Post by Mordo »

Careful with these links.The page tried to read my clipboard.If you prefer,I'll cut and paste.

http://users.telenet.be/paul.van.der.cruyssen/

The History of the Kingdom of Drakkar

Welcome, bold adventurer, to the Kingdom of Drakkar! The Kingdom teems with treasure-hoarding creatures who attack sometimes with tooth and fang, others with exotic weapons. Beware, still others can unleash the power of the mind with devastating effect.

Fractured into different islands after the last Empress of Drakkar released Evil into the kingdom centuries ago, the remnants of this once united and prosperous land are lonely outcroppings of civilization and the magic portals that connect them. The men and women who live on these islands lead isolated lives, protecting their homes with whatever means they can. Ice fields, deserts, volcanoes, and treacherous oceans keep them from venturing too far. Those who wander, soon discover lands and beasts formerly existing only in the baroque nightmares of Salvador Dali disciples.

Town of Nork---------------------------------------------------

Nork is the most hospitable town. The weather is warm and sunny, and the citizens are usually friendly. Visitors can find food, reasonable lodging, and shops. Lucky people have found fortune within Nork itself. Keep in mind though, Nork and it's Dungeons comprise only a small portion of the land of Drakkar.

Nork is not without its dangers, however. Centuries ago, the people of Nork formed an Elite Guard to protect them from the Evil the Empress had loosed. The Guard was housed in dungeons dating back to an even more ancient time, which formed an almost impenetrable Gordian knot beneath the town. The Guard kept a constant watch, ready to defend the town and pursue attackers at a moment's notice. A strong and fierce crew, the Guard consisted of the most highly-skilled warriors ever assembled.

No one knows why the Guard turned against Nork, but soon after the establishment of the Officers' barracks (where rumor claimed the treasure of the Guard was hidden), the Guard launched a ruthless attack from deep within the labyrinth, slashing their way toward the surface, leaving only destruction in their wake.

Confused and terrified by this unexpected turn of events, the people of Nork called upon all the resources of the Land. The most powerful Mentalists, esteemed Healers, and famous Paladins of the land were called into service. Not forgotten either were the skills of the wily and devious Thieves, or the strength of the untamed Barbarian. Just within the reach of victory, the Guard contingents were forced to retreat to the dark shadows of their tunnels, there to remain a menacing, silent threat.

Fearing another assault, the loyal Norken forces called upon the great Mentalists of the land, led by the mighty Dwarkeneth, skilled in psionic power, to create an unbreakable seal around the Officers barracks and prevent the rebel forces from returning to the surface.

Through the years, the dungeons beneath Nork became home to the myriad evils released by the mighty yet twisted Empress. Orcs, Trolls, Lizardmen and worse, far worse, claim the tunnels of the dungeons as their own, fighting fiercely against any brave enough to venture beneath Nork in search of fame and treasure.

Intrepid adventurers below Nork have recounted tales of strange noises rising up from the sealed barracks, and some claim to have witnessed ghostly apparitions. Many have never returned.

Province of Maeling----------------------------------------------

Burning with the ambition of youth, seven Martial Artists left Nork long ago seeking adventure. They traveled for many years facing fierce and exotic creatures before finally coming upon a gentle and prosperous valley. There, they built Maeling in honor of their Dojo in Nork.

Inside the fortified walls of the city, the streets are dark but full of small shops and secret gardens. The walled pathway, etched with griffons and brightly colored dragons, follows the edge of the buildings, adding protection against the untamed creatures that roam outside.

After many years the travelers longed for a glimpse of the city of their youth. They called upon the strongest Mentalist in the land to teleport them home to Nork. Wisely, they also requested a way to return home to Maeling. The Mentalist constructed in Nork a Portal so they could return home. Unfortunately, the Portal was flawed and could only be used one way.

Maeling is an exotic city and the shops sell unusual wares. Outside the fortified wall of the city, a forest leans back against mountains, honeycombed with caves. Strange beasts inhabit the Maeling wilderness, where only the very brave and skillful survive.

Volcano Town--------------------------------------------------

Far to the East of Nork, only Volcano Town remains of a once proud and peaceful land. Now its dark spires tower above a hot and sulfurous sea. Volcano Town is numbingly hot and dry, and adventurers, disoriented from the heat, often fall from the cliffs in into the sea. A large well in the center of town emits noxious fumes, and the constant threat of volcanic eruption has deterred many merchants from opening shops.

Such an inhospitable town has few residents and even fewer visitors, but for the bold and the brave the rewards can be great. Typically though, the inhospitable Volcano Town is favored by Thieves.

City-State of Frore----------------------------------------------

Far to the south, as the windswept plains turn into fields of ice, is found a forbidding place, the land of Frore.

Long ago, four mighty warriors took it upon themselves to rid the southernmost lands of all danger and established the City-State of Frore. They destroyed all beasts who threatening their new city, save one. The giant Snow Beast.

The fearsome cry of this monster sliced the air on many a frigid evening. The sound terrified the townspeople into fortifying their city-state with double walls and Golden Dragons. Fear of the Snow Beast made the citizens prisoners within their own homes.

These citizens pleaded with the four warriors who had brought them into this possessed land. The Four, as they had come to be known, agreed. Each sought a way to destroy the vile Snow Beast. One sought the seclusion of the Northern Caves. Another built a fortress west of the city. A third excavated a complex to the south. The last built a castle directly above the city proper.

The Four became fanatical in their quests, slipping deeper and deeper into madness and despair. One strayed too close to the forces of Evil and became a mere shadow of his former humanity. Another made a fearsome pact with the Queen of Wyrms. The third designed a weapon of such evil that it drove him from the forces of Light. The last went insane.

Now the lands of Frore exist as a shattered kingdom. Its citizens live in fear of the Snow Beast and of the Four who were meant to save them.

Between these vestiges of a once great civilization are vast and dangerous lands inhabited by Griffons, Dragons, Vampires and more. These guard their captured treasurers covetously.

Hope that helps.Long time no see. :)

Athena
Title: Goddess aka ROADKILL

Post by Athena »

Thanks Mordo! 8) Maybe at some point this will make it back to the main page.

~Athy
I am the Goddess of wisdom, the breath of life...
Protectress of Heroes brave and valorous.

Mars
Admin
Admin

Post by Mars »

all that and more is in the help file <G>