Divide and Distribute Platinum in a Party

curiousredmonkey

Divide and Distribute Platinum in a Party

Post by curiousredmonkey »

Currently:
In order for platinum coins to be fairly distributed, each party member must take a turn at searching corpses. Barbarians do not get a fair shake. Thieves which can remain hidden can search like a lion.
    Suggestion:
    Any party member that searches a corpse will automatically have the platinum coins be divided and distributed amongst the party.
      How this gets implemented, I don't think matters. It could be done as the party default or by adding a new party ability. For example:
      • Can make it automatically happen when searching and in a party, or
      • Create a new party leader ability (listed in Party Window, placing it under "Instant Mint") that instantly mints enough platinum coins, so that each member gets the same # of coins.
      Optional Messages:
      Add an extra message to "search" that shows that it is in effect, "You distribute platinum to the party".
      And if not too hard then inform each member, "You receive platinum".
        Thoughts?

P.S. The above "Instant Mint" ability can get a little messy, when people can turn it off. For example: 5 coins found by searcher, 3 party member, 10 coins were "minted", so that everyone got 5 coins (unless 1 member turns it off and then only 5 coins were minted). If each member cannot opt out then the problem become much easier. And if it gives out too many coins then the more conservative approach of: The rounding up and divide approach (5 coins, 3 members -> 2 coins for everyone, because 1 coin was "minted"). Note that the "Instant Mint" party leader flag would require an update to the client, as well as server side coding. I like the simpler to code solutions like the first approach of minting, just give everyone the same as the searcher and only allow the party leader to turn it off.

P.S.S. I should mention that the first "default party member search" approach above, which requires no changes to the client, makes it a server side solution that does not allow the party to opt out. But that algorithm is slightly more complicated: It is a remainder problem (5 coins, 3 members -> 3 coins for searcher and only 1 coin for the other two members).

Or a hybrid of the mint and the default approach: Namely, a server only solution, which has no Party Leader opt out ability and will therefore mint duplicate coins for every party member. Example: 5 coins found and given to the searcher and then the same #of coins are minted (5 platinum) for each party member's sack.
        Last edited by curiousredmonkey on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.

seiyria

Re: Divide and Distribute Platinum in a Party

Post by seiyria »

I could be on board with this. I think it should be toggleable, though.

Brad
        Admin
        Admin

Post by Brad »

I'm open to the idea.

curiousredmonkey

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Brad
        Admin
        Admin

Post by Brad »

I *REALLY* like the idea (don't see lack of action as an indication i dont)

I just dont immediately have a solution :)

curiousredmonkey

I've update the original post with a better layout and with actual English, in case my original cryptic post had obscured the solutions.