Frontend Discussion

Post by Brad »

Discussions of Frontend Issues Here

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Frontend Discussion

Post by Brad »

The frontend is packed full of new features.

- Activatable items and game elements.. mouse over to see highlight
- Sack to Ground and Ground to sack no longer require hands to be empty
- New quirk types, and a completely new experience system ( arcane ), with new abilities
- Lots of new animations for torches, etc.
- Lots of new sounds available (only sending a few right now)
- Maximum # of icons (items, tiles, etc) has been almost doubled
- There is a new coin type in your sack. It is currently self only

There will be FREQUENT updates.

Installed: https://www.drakkarzone.com/downloads/D ... erTest.exe

Ken

Post by Ken »

You cannot throw a succor twig from your sack to the ground (even if your hands are not full)
You have to first put the twig into your hand and then throw it onto the ground.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Footprint movements do not work going in a westward direction. (They do work in the regular game)

Ken

Post by Ken »

if you utilize footprint movements to walk through a door to the east of you and then try to immediately close it behind using the double left click right click shortcut it won't work anymore. Likewise you cannot immediately use foot print movements and close a door with the new single left click shortcut in 1 round.

The only way that works at this time is to type "e e and close w"

I for one like to use the footprint method to pass through a door and immediately close it. The inability to use it in a specific direction is going to make it harder to quickly escape danger.

Ken

Post by Ken »

If you are walking in a N-S Hallway (and maybe W-E hallways but I'm not certain of those) and start running multiple hexes at a time you automatically open doors that are on either side of you in the hallway. I don't know if it is avid explorer/difficult terrain causing this to happen or if it is just a bug with the new frontend concerning the new door opening mechanic. Regardless of what the issue is it can cause a door to be unintentionally opened resulting in needless deaths.

The N-S Hallway at location (93,169,4) is one such example of where this happened to me.

Edit: I should add that this type of movement in such a hallway can also activate traps.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

You know what i think it is... its the system avoiding the "deep carpet" hexes.

Rathe

Post by Rathe »

Issues from fresh 12/26 Install on Windows 7 SP1 :

I Get "Host Lookup Failed" when Login button pressed. Does the old version need to be uninstalled before this works?

DrakkarZoneTest will not uninstall. When control panel uninstall/change is chosen, the Drakkar login box starts up and the system never starts the uninstall.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Sorry Rathe there was a messup last night.

if you can manually uninstall, then reinstall the DrakkarLobbyInstallerTest.exe, it uses the right registry entries now.

Rathe

Post by Rathe »

Re-install fixed lobby and FE. Thanks

I went ahead and tested uninstall. Still doing the weird startup of the lobby when I try.

Btw, do you have a FE suggestions post somewhere? Since your in the guts of the code thought I'd suggest some things ;)

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yeah, sorry I wasn't clear.

I was saying manually delete the registry entries.

*OR* install the DrakkarLobbyInstaller.exe, then download and install drakkarlobbyinstallertest.exe

(Just need to get rid of the old entries sitting around)

Also make sure you DONT install into program files (leave the defaults alone)

seiyria

Post by seiyria »

Seems like if you queue a lot of actions, you'll notice tiny bits of lag here and there. For example, lots of move actions (especially in IR, with the very low move rate) will make the game stutter really badly.