Upcoming Test Server

Brad
Admin
Admin

Upcoming Test Server

Post by Brad »

Previously i've been fussed at one way or another about how i pick testers.. so this time, its open.

SK Refuge Requirements.

- PC (of course)
- You will be running a completely different install of the product. (Seperate Lobby and game).. so general understanding of how to copy files is necessary
- There is a new frontend with tons of changes, including a new game mechanic.
- Reasonably equippped 94-95th level character. Your character will be copies of live data. It will not interfere with your real account. I'll also not really RESTRICT the character you can use (for now).. though content may.
- This is actual, real honest to goodness testing (Feedback, difficulty, fun, etc). You need a desire to actually test and participate, and not view this solely as an opportunity to get an advanced look at content.
- There will be a thread in the forums.. *USE THE FORUMS*.. *NOT PRIVATE EMAIL TO ME!* I want discussions here, in public.

- I'll do the system snapshot friday night.. so make sure your characters are ready, accounts subscribed (Platinum will receive first view), etc

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Upcoming Test Server

Post by Brad »

Hey guys! A quick update.

Had a couple of the sysops in today, i need to fix ONE big bug (macros disappear on each save), and then i'll be letting people in!

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Test Server Now Up!

Post by Brad »

The REFUGE test server is now up.

Before you download.. KNOW:

- Everything is throw away. Its all about testing and providing constructive feedback for the betterment of our community
- The installer will create a NEW drakkar install. Keep it absolutely separate from the current game (it does automatically, but dont merge)
- The expansion is really for 95+ but anyone about 90 will get the "Find Refuge" and "Flee Refuge" buttons, so they can participate in some aspects.
- There are LOTS of new mechanics in the game, i'll let you discover them
- There isn't really any item drop based treasure right now, and brewing recipes aren't "dispensed" at the moment.
- Creatures have a number by their name, this is the relative power level.. since this is a dungeon crawl, the farther from the starting point you go, more powerful creatures should show up.
- Scaling is still very, very rough. Some initial feedback has provided some better scaling, but lots of feedback will be needed on this.
- The frontend is kinda flaky right now regarding macro saving. We are looking to pin this down, reproduceable steps are appreciated.
- The EXP gain rate has been increased greatly (around 300x depending on the reset i'm testing)
- Movement will look funky, i have it in debug mode.

- This test stage requires a platinum subscription (data was copied friday, i'll do routine copies of sub data )
- The ACCOUNT button will *NOT* function, please do not press it, it will partially reference your real account.

** IN GENERAL ** reproduceable steps are appreciated when reporting issues.
** ONLY THIS SCENARIO IS UP!!! DO NOT GO TO ANY OTHER SCENARIO!! YOU WILL LOCK UP!! **

Most of all, have fun!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Upcoming Test Server

Post by Brad »

Thoughts about opening refuge up to levels 82 and above?

(You would still have to do the advancement quests, but you could earn experience here with your party, doing some light hunting and healing)