March MA Update Test info

Nevyn

March MA Update Test info

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, some feed back on the update to MA's that went live last week.

MA- skill 42 top gear available in SK. Tested Vrs Black Captain and other black/silver armor NPCs in NL1 5:30 CST MA name Hades______ASH

Zen Of attack Update - The buff is functioning well and helps to solve a lot of the MA accuracy issues however see below
[*] the down time is to long. Without the buff the MA could not well at all even with aid and full party buffs
[*] buff does strange things over writing with healer buffs but will stack if healer buffs are cast after

Claw Tier Damage Line Accuracy seems better however see below
[*] the damage on these is insanely low, all together they literally do less than 1 weapon hit from a non MA. These tiers are hitting for damage in the hundreds if you are lucky

MA damage still hit like a level 85 with a Killer weapon (85s used broom and Spear hitting twice as hard as a killer weapon), the above helps a lot with accuracy to help make them effective but the class damage is spread out over so many hits that it is more adversely affected by increased NPC mitigation. even if my MA gets lucky and lands every hit for 5k on his RP (damage range from about 2300 - 6200 normally) even if he hits with every attack he is doing around 35k damage a round (normally hits with less than half). Looking at Barbs can do in excess of 120k a around and pallys can do 45k (some evening with haste) an MA is supposed to be a damage dealer. the class is simply trash as it stands now.

Please let me know if you would like to do some testing to help save this class with amazing potential.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: March MA Update Test info

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, the damage mitigation against multi hits is something i will continue to look at.

I *GREATLY* appreciate the clarity of your feedback, don't EVER feel the need to lessen enthusiasm for one fix because there is a problem in another area. One of the challenges is the address core issues, and recognize the elements of the puzzle that needs to be fixed.

I was not aware that the MA buff messed with the healer channels, i have them completely separated, they shouldnt overwrite at all.. i'll have to get some more feedback on this.

From feedback, my next experiment will probably be adding a mitigation penetrator the MA buff line.

Brad

Nevyn

Re: March MA Update Test info

Post by Nevyn »

The quick and dirty fix would be to up the damage on the talon talon line that gives additional damage per hit make it self only, and make it bypass mitigation (it may already).In addition, make the zen of attack have 100% uptime and the class may be viable again. Perhaps a lower version or two of zen to smooth progression.

There are some major issues with some of the other abilities that did not scale right, but that may make it playable.

* Zen of attack needs 100% uptime to address accuracy
* increase damage on talon line and make self only, damage would need to be boost to about 5k- 7k per hit. This would also set up MA with the nitch of being able to fight through mitigation.

That would be a start to test and would up MA damage potential to 75- 95k per round pre haste, which maybe about right based on putting them right between barbs and pallys and above Barb w haste. I would suggest making the claw lines bypass armor as well and making the talon line only boost 5k.

Could also just double the damage on MA guantlets and change zen to 100% uptime. However, I love the idea of a class unique ability like pally w armor break and MA with mitigation bypass.