Black Captain MA Gloves Suggestion - No Dancing Please

Serefin

Black Captain MA Gloves Suggestion - No Dancing Please

Post by Serefin »

They have dancing built into them... I heard the Gold Captain boots had dancing built into them when they were first introduced, I assume this wasn't addressed before because I don't see many high level MA's. Dancing in higher levels of SK = instant death and will be insta death in the new areas also if they are going to be harder than parapet, because it makes you run away from the group/healer, then you're squashed. It would be nice to see them not dancing similar to how the boots were done if possible. I think most will agree, dancing is something noone likes and is generally detremental in almost every single case. Most everyone didn't even bother putting it on their killers that I knew, in fact it was one of the big warnings to people NOT to put it on them, due to the fact that it would make you run into zoos. When the stuns were first introduced to sk and parapet, I remember getting stunned from the top of green all the way down into the Captain's room lol and died. The boots were easy to work around, we just took them off, MA gloves are a little different, they are their weapon (well the boots were too, but the gloves are specifically THEIR weapon), so hunting without them on is pointless.

Just a suggestion.

I've stripped my MA down to nothing but gloves and drank yps with different gear on to pinpoint what was making him dance when stunned and it was the black captain gloves, I haven't tried the baskies yet.
Last edited by Serefin on Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Migam

Re: Black Captain MA Gloves Suggestion - No Dancing Please

Post by Migam »

Could dancing be changed to just staying in one spot but code in the net effect? Maybe it's riverdancing! :roll: This would keep party from having to chase the ma and zoo each time.
Non-charging melee can't hit someone dancing because they move away so the net effect is complete miss each time
Charging melee can hit if they are within the number of hexes they can move in a charge so they go through the normal routine but hey, maybe boost avoidance some because I'm now a moving target.

You can have it square dance the same 4 hexes or go back and forth on the same 2 hexes. It's a pain when party has to chase ma but better than what we have.

A third option is an NPC that removes it completely. Let us decide if we want it.

I see why dancing is important to an ma who's stunned and vulnerable but I hate it as it is now, dancing out of a room to get shellacked or off a cliff, I won't add it to killers and not gonna brew it into V-day bow. It's annoying when I forget to remove RG boots for any action that reqs being stunned like setting tp (not often) and when I reach 70 pool/shield (a lot).
Starfire: There are two wolves fighting in each man's heart. One is Love, the other is Hate.
Ghost: Which one wins?
Starfire: The one you feed the most.
---Pathfinder

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Migam wrote:Could dancing be changed to just staying in one spot but code in the net effect? Maybe it's riverdancing! :roll: This would keep party from having to chase the ma and zoo each time.
Non-charging melee can't hit someone dancing because they move away so the net effect is complete miss each time
Charging melee can hit if they are within the number of hexes they can move in a charge so they go through the normal routine but hey, maybe boost avoidance some because I'm now a moving target.

You can have it square dance the same 4 hexes or go back and forth on the same 2 hexes. It's a pain when party has to chase ma but better than what we have.

A third option is an NPC that removes it completely. Let us decide if we want it.

I see why dancing is important to an ma who's stunned and vulnerable but I hate it as it is now, dancing out of a room to get shellacked or off a cliff, I won't add it to killers and not gonna brew it into V-day bow. It's annoying when I forget to remove RG boots for any action that reqs being stunned like setting tp (not often) and when I reach 70 pool/shield (a lot).

I agree with Migam, the option to be able to choose to have it would be amazing through an NPC, but with the current difficulties in SK, it's a very bad thing, otherwise I couldn't see why it was removed from the boots, just not sure why it was placed on something else, especially a weapon, I assume it wasn't brought up until now. I've danced into captain door leveling my MA already a few times haha, but well, he isn't as huge of a threat now, it's still the most annoying dangerous thing in the game, especially when you run into a chain stunner or 2 in a zoo.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

I don't have an objection to it.

Let met try to think of a general solution for it.

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Brad wrote:I don't have an objection to it.

Let met try to think of a general solution for it.

General solution would just be to remove it. I don't know anyone who wants dancing. Especially in tight quarters.