Admin
Admin

Sk Direction / Update

Post by Brad »

Hey gang, wanted to give you a bit of a mid term direction for SK

In no particular order ( yet ), here is where we are headed

- Complete Parapet level of castle
- Add some solo play hunting areas
- Cleanup some of the messy discs, that may not have a place ( Sanctuary )
- Add more random loot drop ( super rares, super super rares, etc ). Love the random drop thread.. keep specific details coming
- Do we NEED an end encounter? ( kinda old school )
- Continue to add a few spoilers to castle levels

Also:
- Try to fix frontend graphic issue with the new walls/doors
- Try to fix the lobby disconnect bug

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Sk Direction / Update

Post by Brad »

Update!

Hey guys, i am on track to have the parapet addition right at april first ( seriously, no april fools! )

Haven't forgotten about F/M 89 !

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Suprise Suprise!

Parapet is actually still on target for April 1st!

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Hey guys, sorry for the delay in the final "encounter" for SK.

I decided to go a different route.. and the final "Encounter" is now a much larger experience than anticipated :)

I also found a windows 7 box, so i can compile the client again :) Yay!

I hope to have some screen shots soon :)

BY THE WAY.. keep adding to the "items request" forum, with ideas for slots that haven't gotten upgrades for a while.

Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Hey guys, another update.

Being a one man show takes a bit sometimes, sorry!

The new "thing" is going extremely well, its just quite large and has some fun new tech in it to give the players some different things to do. There is a new "Ability" tree in quirks, and a return to some old game mechanics that haven't been used in a while.

I'm still trying to get some art time from one of the 3d artists I use, keep your fingers crossed.

Rough time frame is end of September at this point, lots and lots of typing to do! All updates will be here!

*BY THE WAY, KEEP THE ITEM IDEAS COMING!*
Brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Wanted to give you another update.

Thinks are going fairly well, i've managed to make some frontend changes so we can have some new gameplay modes. (The big news here i guess is that i'm able to compile the frontend again).

To be honest, its really a whole new area i'm developing, complete with some new play models and new quirks / arcane abilities. It has involved some frontend changes, some backend changes, and revisiting one of the old school trainer types :)

i'm following the successful SK model of mixed creature types, and turning this into what should be a good old fashioned dungeon crawl for very high level players.

(There is also a level cap increase ).

Having to spend a few days creating a new web server dropped me back a bit, but we are back on schedule now.

brad

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Hey Guys!

Another expansion update.

Things are going at a really good pace, there are just a lot of pieces to the puzzle!

The name of the new content is "Invader's Refuge". And it includes both new quirks and a new ability series called "Arcane Abilities", with another experience level expansion. (Keeping skills capped at 42 right now, going to expand in other areas). As you may have heard, i'm able to recompile the client again, so It also includes some new front end technology, and a near DOUBLING of the amount of tiles the game can store. (I can't promise anything yet, but i'm reaching out to some 2d artists now that i have the room)

I'm picking the difficulty level up right at the parapets, (sans the high density), and migrating up from there.

One additional piece that has added to the work load, is that i'm going to have a separate "test" system that is detached from the primary game. (So testers will probably have to have two installs for a bit).

If i have a really good week, we may be doing this next weekend.

Thanks!
Brad