020 - All NL ( 11am eastern )

Brad
Admin
Admin

020 - All NL ( 11am eastern )

Post by Brad »

- Resistances have been reduced on most creatures in NL, ( or made more specific in some cases .. no more across the board )
- Castle creatures have been made "evil"
- The healer 89 disc drop is now correct
- Experimental change to thieves - At SL40 you can backstab with a BOW
- "Buff" based HP drains should not cause retargeting
- Ice flows ice damage has been reduced
- Thieves can now "backstab" with bows from range at skill level 40
- For fast scenarios, corpse rot timer has been quadroupled
- NL Castle creatures have had further scaling based on level
- Casters in the castle have been made more diverse in ability
- Ment 86 and 89 discs now drop
- Many healer discs dealing with "burning" have been changed to FIRESTORM damage

Ken

Re: 020 - All NL ( 11am eastern )

Post by Ken »

This post is concerning the new Ment tiers Kelvinic Floor and Kelvinic Ceiling. Overall they are awesome tiers and really help Ments contribute more damage to lairs.

However I feel that their EP costs are slightly out of whack. Both of them cost 1000 EP to cast and have a 1 round cooldown making them very EP hungry tiers. In fact, this is quite disproportionate to the Healer tier mindstorm which has a 2 round cooldown and only costs 600 EP to cast.

Historically, Healer disciplines cost more to cast then ment disciplines an example of this being enmiss costing 5 EP's for the ment and assault costing 10 EP's for the healer. While both classes have to watch out for their EP management, a healer by design should have a tougher time doing this than a mentalist.

So, I propose lowering the costs of these 2 tiers to 400 EP's. I guarantee that this will certainly still make a ment run out of EP fast but it will be at a more reasonable rate rather than running out in just a few rounds.

Thanks a lot for answering our need for direct damage tiers :D

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

400! Hahaha

oh wait.. you were serious.

:)

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Brad wrote:- Resistances have been reduced on most creatures in NL, ( or made more specific in some cases .. no more across the board )
- Castle creatures have been made "evil"
On NL Test, the fire resist seemed to be removed from all of the crits on Castle L4 (Green.)

After the changes to live today, it looks like half of the crits have the resist, and the other half do not. Do you mind taking a look at this?
SIN

Ken

Post by Ken »

Dang it Brad! lmao

It would be a different story if we only relied on these 2 tiers alone to do our damage, but that is not the case. A barb can effortlessly outdamage us without using up a resource like EP's. we'd still be using up 800 EP's (for these 2 tiers alone this does not account for the lesser tiers) per round which is more than a ment can usually regen in a round. As it stands, we will run out of EP casting ONLY ONE of those tiers and its damage while high does not justify it taking all of our EP away by itself.

And I should add, Kelnic ceiling costing 1000 EP does not even do double the damage of Infernic spear which costs 200 EP to cast
Last edited by Ken on Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Yes, fire and ice resist are distributed between different creatures ( its the way test was yesterday ).

None has both, etc.

Teh_Cheat

Post by Teh_Cheat »

Brad wrote:Yes, fire and ice resist are distributed between different creatures ( its the way test was yesterday ).

None has both, etc.
Gotcha! I must have just seen a fair amount of the ice resist ones then. Thanks!
SIN

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

Brad, have you considered expanding the Kelvinic tiers any? Maybe we can get a Kelvinic Wall, maybe a Kelvinic Rug that really ties the whole room together?

So that exp nerf...

Caves looks mostly untouched in terms of exp changes, other than mineguards giving a bit less. My best guess is that you used something in here as the "base" to scale off of. But you've made lot of incorrect information in your further calculations, I think. Here's how things currently stand.

-Caves is probably the best exp in all of Sullen Keep until level based exp reductions kick in.

Why?

Crits die reasonably fast, and give good exp. 20b an hour in alt2 in parties up to 4 people was around average, until level 89 or so, when the level based exp reductions started kicking in.

-Cave crits fight each other. As long as you keep one of each faction alive, they will never fully turn on players. Caves are pretty easy for this reason, but it's an introductory area, so what does it matter?

-The barracks silver armor npcs give about 20m less exp than mine guards, 77m vs 99m, at lvl 86.

Why?

All the focus is on the player here, and they have more hp. Its simply harder as a result. Is it 30% harder than caves and forest? Probably not. But you still have to get level 86 and do two flaggings to get here first. They should give 130m base exp.

-Every floor after, npcs give slightly more exp, but take noticably longer and are harder to kill. Every floor after silver should be another 30% increase in base exp, to match the stated 30% scaling goal, giving the following base values per kill:
Gold floor: 169m
Black floor: 219.7m
Green floor: 285.61m

I don't know if each floor currently has a true 30% increase in difficulty, but let's look at what npcs on the green floor currently do: hit reasonably hard, penetrate damage resistance, have good armor and damage reduction, hide, cast various tiers, use multi round primal stun, have high fire or ice resistance.

Is the green floor much more dangerous to hunt than caves? Easily. Are green npcs individually much more difficult than a mineguard? Without question. So why do they only give 50% more exp than a mineguard?

Now Brad, maybe you're thinking, "Man, I must really need to get sk caves beefed up." No. Stop. They're fine as a starter area. You've missed the point.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Man, those SK caves really need to be beefed up.

:)

But yes, I missed the caves, they still have the old manual numbers. I'll be retooling them, then we can revisit the curve.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

The Healer quirk Spontaneous Combustion no longer gives Healers any effect, with the change to Firestorm damage on their tiers. Can you switch the quirk over to affect firestorm too now?
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Ah Ha!

Good catch