Barb Weapon Drops

Charger

Barb Weapon Drops

Post by Charger »

Brad - over a week ago you posted a comment in the DZ that "big" barbarians would not be getting weapon drops in Sullen Keep. Not sure if you were joking or not, but since then my barb has killed hundreds (perhaps a thousand) crits in the castle in different parties, without one weapon drop. Can you please confirm whether you are preventing barbs from getting weapon drops, or should I just mark it up to bad timing? If its the former, I'm hoping other barbs will speak up on the matter.

Nevyn

Re: Barb Weapon Drops

Post by Nevyn »

Charger, weapons are not currently only dropping in the level 86+ part of sk and you have to search the corpse for them to drop, which can be hard for a barb due to fast rot times.

I can verify they were still dropping as of Tuesday.

Charger

Post by Charger »

Nevyn - thank you for your input; I am aware of the fast rot times, and learned quickly how to kill/search/go back to killing before a corpse rotted, and then go back after all dead to search through the piles. If Brad will confirm there is no such ban on barbs getting weapon drops, I'll accept that and mark it off to bad fortune...and keep on working at it!

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Post by Darge »

You realize Brad probably meant that they wouldn't be getting weapons itemized for them, right?

The only existing mechanic for restricting drops based on the person killing that has been used is whether or not they have a particular flagging (nl duke quests).
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Charger

Post by Charger »

Darge - thanks for your input; i'm just a player - not a programmer - so when you start talking codespeak this barb is lost. But as far as what Brad probably meant, I still hope he will advise if what he said was in jest, or explain it so this Barb can go back to productive hunting.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Drops Is Drops Regarding The Cave weapons. No class checks