Patch 013 All Areas Testing

max|pic

Patch 013 All Areas Testing

Post by max|pic »

Brad, here is my feedback for current areas and difficulty:
Forest, Area 1, is too difficult for most players. My party of 6 88's had some difficulty in the area, so a level 85 or 86 solo or duo would be murdered constantly. The to hit of the monsters need toned down, the damage was not that bad, but how often they hit was a bit overboard. The need for silver to hit the natives and hunters need taken out if it has not already been taken out (I did not test that).
The potion for access to the cave also needs the drop rate raised. When the area first came out I could find like 3 an hour. Now I am lucky to find 1 an hour at my kill speed. A solo or duo account person at 85 could spend 3 hours or more attempting to find a single potion.

The Caves, 2nd area, still needs to have the stonespirits reduced. Except for the stonespirits, the area is pretty well balanced for a small party. There are times that you will take a large amount of damage if you have other stuff on screen besides stonespirits, but it makes the area difficult while not too difficult for people that do not run 6 accounts. The stonespirits can cause even a party of level 88's to wipe though. 4 or 5 of those on screen can destroy a party. It also seems that drop rate of everything has been lowered in this area as well, which I thought it was fine before. Either that, or I have just been unlucky lately.

Silver Plate area, 86 area, is exactly where it should be. The difficulty is not too hard, and certain areas a solo account can have 1 or 2 at one time while not constantly dying while it has other spots for a party to kill. The only spot I would say needs fixed is the room where it constantly spawns because it can be used to script in. Instead of having them all spawn in the room, put them to spawn outside in the courtyard type area at random locations.

Gold plate area, 87 area. At first I said this area was too easy, I now retract that statement. Due to the number of spawns that that area can produce, it is easy for you to get overwhelmed if you are not careful, and they hit often and damage for a good amount.

Black plate area, 88 area. This area needs a buff to the monsters badly. This is currently the easiest area in sullen keep and it has the highest current level requirement that can be reached. It is easier than the silver plate area due to fewer spawns spread farther out. It also does not hit as hard as the gold plate area. This area is the difficulty that the forest area should have.

Silver, gold, and black plate areas also need some drops added in badly, lol. This is my two cents.

Nevyn

Re: Patch 013 All Areas Testing

Post by Nevyn »

I'd like to second everything max just said. In addition to reiterating the need to spread the spawning locations for l2den crits