SullenKeep NL test server patch 013

max|pic

SullenKeep NL test server patch 013

Post by max|pic »

Hey brad,
I did some testing in sullen caves with 2 88 healers, 1 88 ment, 1 88 pally, 1 85 pally.
The area is better and very good except for the stonespirits. The problem is not a single stonespirit on the screen, but is when they tag team up on you. Even with 3 88 healers in a group, 4 or 5 stonespirits can easily wipe a party.

I believe I found the reason for this as well. The stone spirits still get 2 attacks. They are able to hit for around 3.5k damage. 2 max attacks for 7k can be deadly. When you get 3 of them on your screen, 21k spread out among the party in any given round will kill the party. And that is another problem with the stonespirits, they don't usually spread the damage around. 3 or 4 stone spirits on screen usually attack 1 party member from my experience. This is the cause of pallies and other classes being 1 rounded. 8 attacks with 4 connecting for anywhere between 500 and 3.5k per hit.

Unless there are multiple stonespirits on the screen though, the current changes to sullen caves are fantastic. I have yet to see bracers or a tier drop though

max|pic

Re: SullenKeep NL test server patch 013

Post by max|pic »

Brad, it pains me to do this...
But the gold and the black plate areas need rebuffed some. Somewhere between patch 012 and 013 would be a good starting point. To get it where they need to be.

Tested some tonight and it is not difficult, so how about making gold and black plate areas 12.5 patch?

Gold plate and black plate areas are actually easier than caves right now due to stonespirits and the nerf hammer being dropped. Push the area between 12 and 13 and that should fix the problem.

If it is still too easy after that, I of course will painfully tell you the truth.

If it is not as simple as upgrading those two areas due to mineguards and silver plate areas having same weapons and everything, add in a neck piece or ring to all the npcs with a random chance of dropping. Give them the boost without removing the nerf from prior areas.

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, I tested cave again solo on my MA. I have not currently tested with the new gloves as they are level 86 to use, should be there this weekend,

Current cave I was able to solo fairly well like before by pulling a couple at a time and noticed the npcs in general doing less damage and ih usage was not as extreme. The small and relativity open design promotes group play and this area will be locked down by groups the way it is currently set up.

However, Stonespirits continue to provide a significantly greater risk than any of the Other npcs due to their ability to hit a good bit harder.
I saw no real change in them post patch 13.

Also, tested this in a group when I joined a party of 6 other players. This group was able to keep almost all of the cave clear and saw no real risk due to the currently lower spawn rate

Summary
*if you are changing MA gloves a bit I would make them 85. All other cave drops except axe are 85 to provide new weapons options when you arrive. However, MA class has been gimpy for so long allowing them to upgrade immediately once they grind the forest progression quest will help game play for the class greatly.

* if this is intended to be a group area npcs need damage turned up

* if intended to be a grouping area current spawn will not support more than1 group

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Ahhh! Excellent.

So you are saying we have a great "sweet spot" for an inflection point.

So if i copied THIS creature difficulty to a sparse solo area you think we have a win?

( Then we can discuss turning back up this area )

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Yes I think this is a good place to start for solo. With the caveat that itemization may change everything.

Also, stonespirts damage still needs to be addressed or they should be limited to single/double engagements . They should also have exp increased to 50m from the current 25 due to higher hps and damage output if left in the current state. These would also currently make great additions as door guards for a solo/duo lair like the goblin lord in nork 1.

I have not tested 86+ area solo as I have been doing all solo testing with my MA whom is 85 and will let max speak to that.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

I think the stonespirits need an attack removed and they would be great. The area besides them CAN cause death, and occasionally does cause death, but it is not like you are walking into a death trap. If you have 4 or 5 stonespirits on the screen, then it is a death trap. And sometimes you don't even have to walk into them, I have had two on screen and then all of a sudden 3 more either respawn or wander onto me.

We do need some item customization though.
Still have yet to see a tier or a bracers drop