012 - SKTEST ( will be 12:30 version)

Brad
Admin
Admin

012 - SKTEST ( will be 12:30 version)

Post by Brad »

Going up on the 12:30 SKTEST:

- All SK creatures have had their attack damage greatly reduced. This is an experiment to see if making "solo caves" are worth it. Please take a look!
- Tried a few tweaks to increase corpse decay time ( this is tough because it affects respawn )
- Removed almost all remaining bottle breaks ( should be safe to solo with bottles in SDC now )

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: 012 - SKTEST ( will be 12:30 version)

Post by Brad »

This is up on NLTest now.

Please test personally. Thanks!

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Tested SK cave solo with my MA. Level 85/40 top gear for MA Currently in game.

I was able to fight the miners and rougeminers ok a few at a time using jumpstrike and tiers and did ok. However they hit pretty often and ran me out of IH quickly even using Primal form to offset use of potions. As a solo MA I tried to avoid the Miner guards due to their large amount of hps (I believe this is due to MA doing very low damage atm) even fighting 3-4 at a time I experienced rounds taking more than 4k or more per round vrs his current total hps of 7693 making that a bit touch and go.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Post by Brad »

Thanks for the VERY specific feedback nevyn.

Suggestions?

( this was a pretty major nerf )

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Last edited by Serefin on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

A town would be fantastic. I think the best spot for it is where the silver plate npcs currently are.
It could have a banker, ih seller, succor scroll seller, a diplomat, tanner, and weapon,armor, robe vendor.
hear me out on this. It could have a mace, bow, staff, hally, greatsword, dagger, axe.
to buy the weapons you have to trade in a broom from coro, 5 checks worth 50 Meg or more, and a miners axe.
the weapon could be 87 required and be a little better than 85 weapons with glowing, silver, pweapon.
to buy armor you need to trade in a skar armor, 5 50meg checks, and a betrayer shield. Armor could be 86 required, usable by all, and better than ozo plate. 3 different looks with different stats on them.
cloaks could have 3 different types with different stats. To get one you need to trade in 5 50 Meg checks, lanapi robe, and lich robe. All better than spur robes.

Just what I think would be cool. Put them just under how good the random drop items would be. Consider current gear from sdc3 tier 1. This would be tier 2. Random drops could be tier 3.

But a town would be great.

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, we talked about suggestions to create a solo option in chat today. Summary below.

Using current area - at the very least the top end damage range needs to be reduced. they still just run through a bag of potions to fast to be viable.

Create a new Solo cave system with some or all of the following to prevent abuse

*Tethered creatures so you can't drag big zoos
*Groups of 4-5 creatures at most
*A mix of creature abilities to include casters to make it more difficult to drag
* Hidden walls - more difficult to drag
*Lots of little nooks making it hard for groups to stay together
* Creatures with half hps to make for faster game play
* Reduce gains per creature in proportion to hp/defense reduction
*Reduce damage greatly so that players can move down the halls with reasonable IH consumption
* spread out the spawns to make the number of creatures controllable and reduce density which attracts player groups
*Mix in 1 type of mob which is not auto targeted by barbs
*Use NPCs using the name list such as what is used in SK3+ for silver and gold NPCs