MineGuards, silver plate, gold plate humans

max|pic

MineGuards, silver plate, gold plate humans

Post by max|pic »

Hello Brad,
With the new changes I have noticed that:

The MineGuards damage needs dropped, they are now using the same damage as the gold plate human npcs with the same hps as the silver plate human npcs, and they all need dropped. I will cover that farther down though.

The silver plate humans from the 86 area now have more hps than the gold plates from the 87 area.

All the guards and plate wearers now 1shot anything, compared to before just the gold plate.

After the patch the silver and gold plate wearers are now unable to be hit with melee. Before the current patch, my pally could hit maybe 1 out of 15.

On the MineGuards, my pally does substantially less damage to them compared to other monsters in the cave.

As I have previously said, the damage needs drastically reduced. It is not fun, nor is it possible for anyone to have any good gains hunting an area where everything can kill any class in 1 attack. If you get 3 on your screen, you can have 3 deaths in 1 round.

The damage probably needs reduced by 50% or put the low end damage at around 2k and high end at 5 or 6k.
The 50% would still lead to one shot one kill on anything but barbs at the high end. I have seen a 21k hit to my pally. 10.5k will still do the job.
If you set it for 2 to 5k, raise the attack bonus on them slightly to hit more often. This will cause groups to still take a massive ammount of damage and a high ammount of deaths, but it will make the silver and gold plate areas huntable.

Is it needed to have them all immune to fire? Ments only 1 round tier is fire based, but they get the short end of the stick by not being able to use it. Hopefully the new tier you eventually add for ments is a 1 round refresh that is not fire based damage.

Please put some drops in those areas as well.
maybe let the plates drop for pallies and fms. Make them ozo plate with silver being +1000 hps, electric protection.
Gold can be +2000 hps and fire protection.
Add in robes.
You previously told me that part of the reason for all the one shots is lack of gear to withstand it. Noone can get that gear to withstand it until it is implimented.

Also, the ammount of experience given in Sullen keep, while slow in NL2, I fear in NL1 it will be unbearable considering it is 4 to 5x slower. Just something to keep in mind.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this post Brad.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: MineGuards, silver plate, gold plate humans

Post by Brad »

When you say "low end" do you mean starting in the forest also? Or at the entry/barracks level of the castle?

Areyekuwe

Post by Areyekuwe »

The issues is scaling.

Currently issues out of scale according to what I see (I maybe wrong)

Silver plate NPCes 86 area and gold plate NPCes 87 are are very similar with silver plate NPCes possibly having more HP?

Both area NPCes can not be hit with very high end melee attacks going in.

The oneshot issue still remains, which is the case when you can easily be hit for 12 to 15 K a round. This is in regards to 86 and 87 area only.

Perhaps Mineguards if given good drops are great addition to the SK2, now they are pointless pain though. If no new or increased drops are considered, their HP should be reduced to be more inline with the rest of the crits in the area.
Are you a writer on Drakkar issues and also follow news / current events on the IRC?
You are hired: https://areyekuwe.wordpress.com/ -Writers wanted.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

Hello Brad,
I did some testing this morning. They are still oneshotting, but the damage is closer with not every hit being a one shot kill. Probably another 15 or 20% or so reduction will have very few attacks one shotting. But I still feel the need to tell you that the to hit for them is low.
Also, the HPs of the human plate npcs needs reduced. The silver 86 area still has more hps than the gold 87 area.
Melee are still not able to hit either of the plate npcs currently as well.
The number of hit points, unable to be hit by melee, and the speed of respawn hampers people from progressing past the 86 area and being able to lvl past 87 currently. How you set it up, if there are any plate npcs within view of the stairs, you are not able to go up the stairs. And you cannot mt past the area to skip it.
People that have already completed it, did so when the silver plate npcs had 10 hps, but now it is near impossible to clear the area to progress past it.
I would recommend swapping the gold and silver plate npcs. Silver plate to 87 area, gold plate to 86 area with a 25% HP reduction to all of them and a 40% hp reduction to MineGuards.
Also, yes, the first area hunters and if I remember , natives, have the ability to oneshot and should have their damage scaled back as well.