Weapon data

Nevyn

Weapon data

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, would it be possible to get some raw data or an easier way to pull numbers from weapon damage?

Many of us love this game and some of us work with data doing analysis every day at work and would be happy to help model weapon damage or other features.

Let me know if I can get data beyond the limited sample set I can realistically pull from the tiny text display we have. I could provide you with a break down of how things are performing so you could compare vrs your projections.

Brad
Admin
Admin

Re: Weapon data

Post by Brad »

Wow, i thought me showing damage in the output was a big out of character step for me :)

Now you want me to pull back the curtains MORE? :)

Nevyn

Re: Weapon data

Post by Nevyn »

Brad, no need to reveal anymore information than I could pull from the current front end.

I have no easy way to record data off the text scroll in game, however provided I did not have a crazy job and 2 slightly insane children I could slowly pull damage numbers in addition to hit percentages for specific weapons. I could even set a rating system based on a standardized creature to attack and class/skill/base weapon assigned a value as 1. And a base creature ac that same way and rate all creature difficulty to hit etc. Lots of options here.

Trick being, I do have those things which prevent the prerequisite time required to accumulate the data points needed.

However, if you have a way to record the in game text scroll and test dummies I could swing on, you could control all the background ac formula etc (none of which I need) provide weapons you want to test. I will compile the information for you and provide you with that information to use.

Hard data will allow you to build exactly what you want and not reveal anything that is not already out there.I would love a way to give back to a drakkar, it has been a part of my life for 20 years now