FM Tier/Skill Ability Suggestions

Drewstr

FM Tier/Skill Ability Suggestions

Post by Drewstr »

So, some of us were bouncing around some ideas, since the FM (and ment) tiers were not in yet. You asked that they be posted here for feedback, so here we go :

Akronium Manipulation:
You shower the area in a precise akronium strike.
Energy based aoe tier.
Requires skill 42 mentalist.
Thinking 2 options... either a 1 hex AOE that allows you to change the path (like firebreath, etc.) but will damage the caster/party members or a 3x3 hex aoe that does not damage party members.
8 Round CD

Ankor's Brutality:
While conjuring duplicate weapons you lose control, attacking everything in sight.
A physical based aoe tier. Based on currently active weapon skill. Does not attack caster, but does attack party members.
Requires skill 42 in the active weapon.
3x3 Hex Radius
8 Round CD

Marksman's Meditation
Casts Marksman's Focus on entire party, but with a massive EP cost or regen debuff to the caster.
Requires skill 43 in mentalist and weapon.

Skills:
41 (Weapon): Thruststrike gets a 2nd hit "or" mentalist totem will react to a thruststrike the same way it reacts to a normal attack.
42 (Mentalist): All single target tier attacks receive a 20% damage increase.
43 (Weapon and Mentalist): Marksman's Meditation.

Thoughts?
Auramancer
That WOLF is up to something SINister.

Darge
Title: The Raging Storm

Re: FM Tier/Skill Ability Suggestions

Post by Darge »

The class needs an upgraded version of Divergent Essence.

They should also get a tier debuff to reduce the target's elemental resistances.

Sk 41- The f/m can use #focus maxstrike
Sk 42- The recast time on all Ankor's tiers is reduced to 4 rounds and the range on those tiers increases to 2 hexes.
Sk 43- All melee swings have a 20% chance to cast Ankor's Energy for free.
SIN
My father was a wolf, I'm a kinsman of the slain, Sworn to rise again
I will bring salvation, punishment and pain, The hammer of hate is our faith
Power and dominion are taken by the will, By divine right hail and kill

trav: you bad bad girl

Serefin

Post by Serefin »

Last edited by Serefin on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

max|pic

Post by max|pic »

To the previous ment tier ideas -
Ment needs another 1 round damage tier that is not fire based. The last 1 round damage tier was infernic spear at lvl 60. Maybe one that is lightning based and does better damage than infernic spear.
This means that ments will be better against all the I hate fire monsters and give them something other than an AOE or dot that doesn't stack with other ments. Put the glass cannon back in the top damage spot where it should be.

Now for FM-
FM I think should get like a phantom blade tier attack. Select the tier and it automatically makes your attacks thruststrike. Then 1 of every 3 rounds a proc goes off that says your phantom blade ignites and ignores all armor and does an extra 5k damage on the hit. -200 ep whenever it goes off. If you ever run out of EP, it stops working. It can be blocked by MA or miss, but it would make FM truly good.
So if a FM thruststrike would do 15k average without the phantom blade, it now does an average of 20k on phantom procs with higher damage output due to no armor blocks.
This would also give FM their own niche for lairs. FM might do lower damage than a pally or a barb, but it will always do damage to those pesky super armor lairs.